“Wow! Breathtaking!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 25 Hotels in Santa Teresa
Anaheim, California
“Wow! Breathtaking!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2010

I have been coming to Red Palm Villas for a couple years and am in love w this place. I come every year and simply cant wait to go back.
Last time I came, I came w my mom and my brother. We got to relax and spent quality time together and we have such great memories of this magical place.
I have been fortunate enough to stay in both the beach front villas. I really can't say which one I love most. The hummingbird villa is all made out of wood with such detailed work and the stained glass on the doors and wooden molinillo post are like nothing I've ever seen before. For sure I'm the queen of the jungle here! The view and the sounds of the ocean and crickets and howler monkey is WOW... not to mention you can see the squirls and the iguanas play on the trees right infront of you!
Ok so the honeymoon villa is a bit bigger and if you like a more modern look rather than rustic and a bit more space,this is the place for you. I recomend this place for familys. There is a big patio outside for your big meals and sharing w your loved ones. The bedroom down stairs is big, comfortable and surrounded by windows and there is ac. The bathroom is huge! Double sink and the huge mosaic of a wave is undescribable! I heard it took around 4 months to make. Its open so you can also see the waves as you shower. The second floor is all open w a view all around. There is a bed here to, don't worry there are curtains for privacy. So when I stay here this is where I sleep, I call it ...the Princess bed. I'll fight anyone to sleep here. I love to experience the real thing .... sunrise, the ocean the howler monkeys, the birds singing in the morning. I want it when I'm here. If you perfer no bugs and quiet then the ac bedroom would be for you. I guess its like a loft you could say, the kitchen is open and large, for cooking familys. For me, I just wake w a big smile on my face and get my coffee and sit out in front,enjoy the scenery, the wind in my face. Oh and later on you absolutely have to be free to watch the sunset, w the pink and reds and oranges.. its just breathtaking!!
The decorating in the homes from the colors chosen to the curtains and throws and ceramics and the beautiful fresh birds of paradise and ginger flowers is just all so well thought of. The architecture..The wood work..Everything is handmade w such detailed work. When I look at it, all I think is of the love Mike has put into it to make it so perfect and unique. It just had to be made w love and passion for it to turn out this way. Its perfect.The land is beautiful and clean and well kept, with chairs outside for you to sit in and hammocks also.
Red palm villas crew is amazing always so attentive when u need anything. Everyone is just wonderful! They will help u anything from information of the best restaurants, to any tour, to transportation. There is soo much you could do here.
All I could say is I really can't wait to go back next year and thank you for making my stay so wonderful and memorable! I guess the only down fall about coming here is the broken heart you deal w when its time to go...

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2010

Red Palm was absolutely stunning! The resort manager was exteremly knowledgeable, friendly and helpful. The staff was very attentive and thorough. The grounds were amazing. We stayed in the deluxe luxury suite and we fell in love with every inch. The bed was very comfortable and the bathroom was beautiful. Everything in the kitchen and living room was designed perfectly. We really wanted to stay there permanently. The grounds are very secluded and full of bright flowers and beautiful tropical plants, making it very romantic and private for strolling. The beach is beautiful and perfect for swimming and laying out in the sun. Big, comfortable hammocks are everywhere, providing a perfect afternoon nap spot. We very highly recommend Red Palm as the absolute best place to stay in Santa Teresa.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Vineland, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2010

We arrived with a family of 13 and met two more people on site; it all was arranged by the great staff of the Red Palms. The property is like paradise, so much so that all of my nieces want to have their weddings there. It is the most beautiful vacation I ever took. We were amazed at how beautiful and clean the rooms were.. The honeymoon villa was so special and the upstairs was so private and solitude. All the bedrooms were designed with the most gorgeous colors and the flowers only show the beauty of the country. Nothing was left out. .The bathroom in the large house was one of my favorite rooms, what a gorgeous mosaic wall! Throughout our stay we kept very busy... doing activities such as surf lessons, horse back riding (from the beach to the mountains), riding ATV's, and went day trips to local cities. We went zip lining, hiking, swimming, relaxed in the tide pools and the hammocks. We traveled to other resorts and could not find one that even compared to the red palms. We needed laundry done while we were here and it was returned the same day. What a great staff, they made our trip a wonderful experience. In the evenings our large group gathered at the large house ate together and enjoyed each others company. Any need we had was fulfilled by the staff. We visited multiple times, but our most memorable trip was when we brought the entire family. The teens needed to get back to nature and get away from computers which, in the end they loved. We will continue to visit and recommend The Red Palms Villas to all of our family and friends. 5 stars all the way

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
San Jose, Costa Rica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2010

I went to Red Palm Villas on 2004, when I was 7 months pregnant, and I've returned year after year ever since. Back in 2004, Red Palms was highly recommended to us but it surpassed our expectations. It offered villas with exquisite design and comfort in a very pristine beach with such a private environment. It was the most relaxing holiday, like having the whole beach to ourselves. It is also in a great spot in Santa Teresa which is a fantastic beach, with close access to surf and tide pools (a little bit for everyone, and perfect for us). The staff was very attentive and every detail was well taken care of. A nice plus is that Santa Teresa has fantastic restaurants and a very unique and culturally diverse little town that is nice to explore.
Then I returned when my son was 1 and he loved the tide pools that form right next to the hotel. When he was 2 he loved waiting for the howler monkeys that arrive almost every day and looking for lizards, butterflies, and tropical birds.
The magical thing about Red Palms is that is has adapted to our needs at every stage, I was perfect for a relaxing holiday and also entertaining for a young boy.

TIPS. Try the Vista del Mar restaurant, and the little french bakery (It's fantastic). Also walk to the end of beach, there are amazing rock formations and beautiful tide pools.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Memphis, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2010

This place is an absolute gem~if you want a place that's secluded with clean and modern amenities, spectacular views, and excellent service, the Red Palm Villas is the place to be.
My wife and I stayed there for six nights on our honeymoon, and were totally blown away by the sheer beauty of it all. The villas are just steps from the beach, the rooms were spacious, and the decor was calming yet elegant. We can't wait to return for our second anniversary!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2010

This was our first Costa Rica Vacation, we were celebrating our honeymoon, the entire experience was very impressive. To start, it's rare when you arrive to a resort and it actually exceeds your expectations based on things you saw and read from the internet but The Red Palm Villas definitely surpasses what you see in photos in a wonderful and delightful way. The whole experience made us feel like VIPs- the site, the warm staff and unrelenting service, and the amenities.

We booked their Costa Rica Honeymoon Package, it included private chef service, tours, and transfers, we're very happy we did, there were no hidden costs or surprises which was very nice for a change and in the end it had everything we wanted and still allowed us time to explore on our own and rest and relax as we were exhausted from working hard all year and planning our large wedding back home.

The Honeymoon Villa is so astounding that I got teary eyed at the beauty and even more amazed that we had the good fortune to stay there! It is modern yet has tasteful Asian like details everywhere and it was very spacious (you could have a great party here), full of splendid views of bright blue sea and the waves and white sand beach which you can enjoy from several
rooms, both bedrooms and the porch.

Each day we woke up, we went to the beach to enjoy our coffee or juice and just gave thanks for being so lucky to spend our honeymoon here in Costa Rica. We had heard a lot about Santa Teresa Costa Rica from our friends who travel a lot and actually twice last year randomly the The Red Villas came up...first time we heard it was from a friend who had stayed next door to The Red Palms, he said he actually saw Gisele Bundchen and her husband Tom Brady over there one day as he was walking down the beach, it turned out this is where Tom Brady's family was staying during their wedding which took place just down the beach. You have to imagine how wonderful it felt hearing we were sleeping in a villa that Gisele once slept, honestly, I'm a huge fan of hers, I could see why she choose this place, I felt like a princess the entire time I was there.

The staff is amazing-they keep the place immaculate, are always on site to help you, drivers are available to take you to town (5mins) or to tour you around the area all day. The staff is even there when you come home late at night to make sure all is well. We were unlucky to not meet the owners- they were away in another country where they just had a baby and were staying with family.

The place is really perfect, you quickly feel like part of The Red Palms family as everyone is so kind and gracious and sincere which was other highlight as well as the three dogs who roam the land in a playful way, always taking walks with us and keeping us company. We felt very fortunate to have such a great staff attending to our needs while enjoying 5 star accommodations at a reasonable rate. Great for families, retreats, groups, and yoga classes, so you have it all in exquisite splendor at an exceptional Costa Rica Resort right on the beach with one of a kind views unlike any place we have ever experienced.

If anyone who reads this is a planning a honeymoon, stop looking, you found the place, you will never find a resort more peaceful, private, beautiful, well staffed with such unique and wonderful homes. We're glad we found this place and as often as we say we don't like to visit a place twice, my husband and I know for certain this will always be a special place we will remember and try to visit as often as possible, it really is unique and earns the reputation as the number one spot, thanks everyone at Red Palms for a honeymoon full of magic to be remembered forever.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2010

Wow, it's been 6 weeks since we returned from our vacation with good intentions to write a review and then real life intervened and here we are, where did the time go?
We found Red Palm Villas on line purely by accident and based on the website and the Trip Advisor feedback we decided really quickly it was the place to go. From the time of our first inquiry the standard of customer service was something every other vacation operator should use as their model. Nothing was too much trouble and response was almost immediate. Not only did we book the villa but Mike and his team sorted out all our transport and a nights accommodation in San Jose. As he had promised, his contact was there to pick us up at San Jose airport, took us to an amazing hotel on the hills outside the town and picked us up again next morning for our flight to Tambor. He even offered to come back that evening to take us to a restaurant but we decided to walk into the local area and find a bar. All this for a ridiculously low price. When we arrived at Tambor, sure enough there was a driver to take us the one hour drive to Santa Teresa where of course one of the Red Palm staff took us to our villa AND the quad bike that Mike also booked for us arrived about 15 minutes after us. This NEVER happens in real life!!! We were booked into Hummingbird Villa as we didn't think two of us could really justify the space of the other villas. Hummingbird was great with a lot of glass, oiled wood floors and a large kitchen. The only slight disappointment was that there was nowhere to sit outside, no veranda or deck, which to be fair was clear in the website but we hadn't taken notice. So we are lazing in a hammock on the beach right in front of the villas wondering if we had somehow died and woken up in another world when we noticed that Harmony Villa was not occupied and looked absolutely stunning. A short discussion later and we had paid to upgrade and were moving our freshly unpacked gear into our new home. Oh boy was that a good decision-- the whole ambience, open concept, extensive oiled wood, two floors and an air conditioned double bedroom moved our whole vacation to 11. Our advice to anyone thinking of going there is to book Harmony or Honeymoon Villa as your first choice-- you will not regret it, I guarantee. It was so nice we wanted to stay in at night to enjoy the sunset, animal noises and the evening/night thunderstorms, so in 15 nights we ended up buying fresh fish, salad, fruits, vegetables and the essential beer and wine for 10 of those nights and just hanging out in our beautifully designed and constructed villa! We were right on the beach so breakfasted to the sound of surf. Insects are around, especially no-see-ums but they are not bad. The howler monkeys are entertaining and we had iguanas, bats, frogs and crabs passing through the living room. The whole place is beautifully landscaped and surface water drains away very quickly after a storm. We never felt in any danger anywhere during our stay but it is reassuring to see a security guard wandering around the grounds all night. The staff were always helpful and available but also unobtrusive- everything was so easy. When we left there was a major tropical storm the day before and roads were in bad shape plus the flight from Tambor was cancelled. However thanks to a really helpful taxi driver (also obtained through Red Palm) who waited with us, we got a drive to San Jose where, although we had missed our flight he took us to a hotel which was like a Spanish hacienda and very reasonably priced. The moral here is do not try to get from Santa Teresa to San Jose for an afternoon flight that day. Next time we will plan for a night at the airport.
We could say so much about our trip, the town, the jungle, the beach, the food, the people and the restaurants but it has all been said in words and photos in other reviewsand everyone enjoys something different. Suffice to say we had an amazing time and 2 weeks is a good vacation there, we had no negative experiences and we have many wonderful memories. If you are looking for a beautiful location in an unspoilt part of South America which has enough Western supplies and habits to make it a vacation not an adventure trip then you could find nowhere better than Red Palm Villas in Santa Teresa

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to The Red Palm Villas? Share your experiences!