We went to Santa Teresa in the end of September (which is apparently the low of the low season, but for us was very dry with almost no rain). We were originally planning on renting one of the luxury suites (supposedly also very nice, although we did not see them), but due to the low traffic, Mike, the owner was very accommodating, and gave us the honeymoon villa for a fraction of the high season rate. The villa had a very nice open air shower facing the ocean, and an air-conditioned master bedroom, and another double bed upstairs adjacent to a full kitchen and sitting area. The upstairs is not air-conditioned, but very airy with lots of windows and a few ceiling fans. The villa can comfortably sleep 4, but there were only 2 of us, so we switched it up, and took some naps in the breeze upstairs, and slept at night downstairs. There was a large front patio, with a great unobstructed view of the ocean which was about 200 feet away. The entire property is very well laid-out, so each villa has a good amount of privacy, and the decor is nice, simple, and not cheesy. From the villas we were able to set up surf lessons with Mick, a local instructor, who took us to nearby Playa Hermosa to learn (no rocks, so safe for beginners). He was a very good teacher, and we were both able to stand within a few tries. The Red Palm Villas is a good combination of a vacation rental and a hotel. There is bed-turning service everyday, but you have the privacy of a rental. It is a great place to stay if you have other activities planned, but want a nice, clean, comfortable home base to come back to at the end of the day. Although getting to Santa Teresa is tough drive (as it seems to be everywhere in Costa Rica..definitely need a 4x4, and be ready to ford some rivers), the trip there is totally worth it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On the beach, private, awesome views, #1 honeymoon villas and suites, full service.A 24 hour front desk.Daily housekeeping included in the room rate.Private bathroom for each unit.If there is a minimum-stay requirement, it must be no more than 3 nights. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Agoda and Despegar.com so you can book your The Red Palm Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Red Palm Villas Hotel Santa Teresa
- The Red Palm Villas Costa Rica/Santa Teresa