“A Great Honeymoon Location” 5 of 5 stars

Special Price
VILLAS AVAIL UNTIL DEC 28
Ranked #14 of 25 Hotels in Santa Teresa
USA
“A Great Honeymoon Location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

The Red Palm Villas is surely the best honeymoon location. My husband and I visited the place last January, 2 days after our marriage in New Jersey, and spent 10 days in the hotel. Well, it was honestly a gift from my husband. He had experienced visiting Costa Rica before, thus, he wanted me to experience how breathtaking the place is. At first, I was quite having second thoughts because I have never heard about Costa Rica's beauty. We even had a fight as I really wanted to visit Europe. He told me that I will surely love the place as soon as we arrive, and yes, indeed, because when I checked out the picture by visiting their site and trip advisor before booking, I was already fascinated and became excited about the trip. I am not really into nature, but when I saw how God created this paradise, I definitely looked forward to the trip.
It was indeed a fun experience as they have provided us various activities such as horseback riding, snorkeling, scuba diving, surfing and some trips in the nearby forests. We even spent a day on the spa and had a relaxing massage. I love each meal as they served us fresh seafoods (yummm!) I can say that The Red Palm Villas value their clients well which is why they always ensure that everyone will enjoy the place... And honestly, I fell in love with this great hotel. I hope we could revisit the place once again, and be able to receive the best services they have given us. I hope they could maintain the place as it is really splendid!
Definitely, all the other guests left honest reviews. I would certainly suggest this hotel to my relatives and friends who would like to have a relaxing vacation. Thank you The Red Palm Villas for such a wonderful experience. I hope you will continue providing the 5-star services we have experienced.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

Adventure, beauty, romance, and did I say adventure? We saw the pictures online... they don’t give credit where credit is due! This resort is BEAUTIFUL!!! The service was AMAZING!!! The gardens are lush. The wildlife is abundant. Our villa on the beach... SPECTACULAR!!! The staff is very friendly and helpful and Lucrecia and Josefina are very good at what they do, customer service. It was a huge convenience having someone always available and close-by who could provide excursions and rentals. We are a family of 5 (3 kids under 12) and somehow still found time for one night a romantic dinner just the two of us and a walk back home down a star lit beach. There was more than enough here to entertain everyone. We were very close to all the other beaches and multiple shopping areas. We would stay here again! Santa Teresa is a secluded, very natural and beautiful beach, all of which made our stay even better. Our kids want to go right back, we’re planning August, thanks everyone at Red Palm Villas - Pura Vida!!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Holt, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

We stayed at the Red Palm Villas the last week of August for six nights of our honeymoon. The resort is the best in the area for several obvious reasons. My wife and I found the staff very professional and pleasant from check in to departure. They were able to answer all our questions and handled the booking of several excursions we enjoyed while on there. The bar and restaurant next to the resort was one of the best we found all week. The accommodations were also very nice. The kitchen of the Harmony Villa was large and with stove/oven and most important the blender for frozen drinks. Rooms were modern and very clean. The Red Palm Villas has by far the most beautiful beach in the area, (this is where the locals take their families). Only beach in the area which is cleaned twice every day by their staff. Natural reef located 30 yards off the beach is a must for shallow water snorkelers and tide pool seekers. We recommend this resort to families and couples, it has something for everyone.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Montevideo, Uruguay
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

This was our 3rd time to Costa Rica in search of waves, but this time, unlike the other two where we stayed in modest cabins and rented a 4x4 jeep and spent part of the day in chase of the best waves in zone, it finds us as older (the three of us between 33 and 35 years old) and more demanding people! we have our wives and children so we not only want to surf in front of our hotel, but also to eat great food and rest in a comfortable place too!
We found all this features in the Red Palm Villas where the staff was very pleasant and helpful! just wake up and look at the waves in front of the suite! eat awesome food and rest with the monkey families living on the trees.
We also had wifi and air conditioner which enabled us to comfortably use our laptops to keep our families updated and spend some minutes answering work emails...
Very secure hotel located in a beautiful place. Waves? every day. Very constant. The place also has a variety of waves, from beginners to advanced (suck rock, in front of the suites).
To resume, it is an excellent destination that combines everything you demand!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Montevideo, Uruguay
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

We travelled to Santa Teresa with my brother and a friend last September, not sure what to expect from a place called "Mal País"! Even though we had been to Costa Rica a few times before, we had never been to this area.
We decided to stay at Red Palm Villas because of its location: right in front of Suck Rock which we had been told is an excellent surfing point.
It was no lie: we had big, consistent waves almost every day we stayed there. No crowds, friendly people.
And the villas are all you can ask for after a long surfing day: installations are beautiful and personnel treated us really good.
Hope we can make it again this year!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013 via mobile

We visited this perfect resort just after Christmas and spent the New Year in Santa Teresa. From prior to booking until the end of our stay the Santa Teresa staff could not have been more pleasant or helpful. We decided to stay in the luxury suite which was perfect because we spent most of our time either on the beach or in the town.

We ate every meal out and enjoyed the complementary breakfast next door. As far as activities, the quad is a must for exploring the town and experiencing the nearby areas. That being said, you could get by without it. We did zip lining in Montezuma, surf lessons on the beach at RPV, fishing in Mal Pais, and a sunset dinner at Vista de Olas.

Koji is a must for sushi and you can't miss a sunset at brisa del mar. All the restaurant recommendations from RPV were perfect.

Much thanks to the staff and the people of Santa Teresa for an unforgettable experience. We will be back.

• Stayed December 2012
Reno Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

We just returned from 8 perfect days at the Red Palm Villas on the best part of the beach in Santa Teresa Costa Rica. The owner Mike and his staff helped us plan the perfect trip. We were a family of 4 with mom, dad and two teen girls. We stayed in the honeymoon villa which worked out perfectly for us. I can't say enough about how awesome this place is. I told Mike the owner I would buy it if I could afford it! The staff of Leu and Sandrina were wonderful and always happy. They coached us on the best places to eat, handled everything for us from surf lessons to horseback riding on the beach, reserved all our dinner reservations and took very good care of us. Fantastic job girls! Even the housekeeping staff were friendly - did a great job at cleaning and created beautiful tropical flower display's every day. And they too did it with a friendly smile and always taught me a new word in Spanish. Red Palm is located on the best part of the beach of Santa Teresa. It's far enough away from the party crowds but close enough in so you are close to many restaurants and shopping. We just loved the included morning breakfasts of fresh squeezed oj, fresh pressed coffee, and organic creations at the place next door. What a great place for family or couples. There was a wedding on sight at one sunset which was beautiful... Talk about sunsets! Some of the best we have ever seen and we have seen them all over the planet. On top of all that we very quickly made two new friends - The Red Palm mascots Cisco and Seba two very friendly dogs. They were our best friends the whole trip - went on walks with us and slept on our veranda. Loved them and we all were sad to leave them! :( One tip - all the restaurants are cash only and we were there over new years when banks were close and the ATM in town was empty. So bring lots of cash and the villa has a big safe and security all night... we had no problems of any kind. Again - we Highly recommend Red Palm for your Santa Teresa visit!

Room Tip: We stayed in the honeymoon villa and did not see inside the others so its all we know and it was fan...