“Amazing time!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 25 Hotels in Santa Teresa
Dallas, Texas
“Amazing time!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

The Red Palms Villa was the absolutely perfect place to vacation and have our son's wedding. The staff met us at the door when we arrived and completely took care of everything while we were there. The service was thoughtful as well as efficient and friendly. I lived our villa. It had all of the accommodations that we needed plus a wonderful view of the beach which was right outside our door. The beach was beautiful both for the wedding and for relaxing and the staff had loads of extra touches that made it fun and comfortable. I am so glad that we chose this place and would recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: The restaurant is next door and has wonderful food and good service. Both villas at Red Palms would...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012 via mobile

The Red Palms villa is amazing in so many ways. The grounds are ammaculatey kept. Literally on the ocean. Heartbreaking view i miss the sunset so bad. The villas are amazingly built, so beautiful and luxurious, yet feels like home. Everything so clean and well kept. The views are spectacular Santa Teresa is so chill and everyone is so respectful, kind, and helpful. Walking distance to amazing restaurants and super market, felt no need for a car. What stands out the most is the Red palm villas staff. From booking our trip and planning transportation suggestions on restaurants and surfing lessons, tours through the jungle there are no words to explain how generous Mike and his angels are I miss them so so mucho and can't wait to go back. A +++ oh and the pool next door is perfect for a nice dip and a drink or lunch. Really our stay was so amazing and wouldn't be the same without Mike and his staff thank you so much we will be back.

• Stayed November 2012
Tulsa, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

My husband and I just returned from an amazing week at the Red Palm Villas in Santa Teresa Costa Rica. It was our first experience visiting the peninsula and after everything we read we had high expectations, but the experience at the hotel was by far the best we've experienced at a beach destination. I'm so happy we chose the Red Palm Villas Honeymoon Suite for our week to unwind after our wedding festivities. I could go on and on about the amazing service, food and spectacular views (sunrise and sunset) from the hotel's front beach. The staff is extremely friendly and accommodating and really went out of their way to ensure our stay was special.

I would highly recommend going for a massage at the spa as you get pampered with the sound of the ocean. Excellent masseuses as well. As for lunch and dinner, Milarepa restaurant was great as one of the more well-known places in town. The mahi-mahi, chocolate soufflé, mozzarella and tomato salad were all made with the freshest ingredients.

Located on the most beautiful beaches I feel lucky to have discovered such a peaceful hidden gem as this hotel and I hope we can visit again soon. Thank you Red Palm Villas for the best honeymoon we could've asked for. If you are thinking of Santa Teresa for yours, this is the place to go!

Room Tip: Ask for the villa’s closest to the beach, the views are grand

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

Booked this place for 5 days for my girlfriend's birthday. We absolutely loved it. Was looking for a relaxing getaway with as much privacy as possible. Stayed at the Hummingbird Villa and it was perfect. The Villa itself is gorgeous and clean. Actually, the villa is stunning. Like a beautiful luxury treehouse. No complaints. You are seconds from the beach. It's peaceful and quiet and you hardly see or run into anyone else on the property. There are quite a few people on the beach obviously but it is not congested at all. Really beautiful.

If you walk a few minutes along the beach in either direction you will run into places to eat and drink. Rocamar has good fish, drinks were OK. Milarepa has a decent breakfast. Flor Blanca has a nice lunch menu and good drinks.

I was trying to decide between Red Palm and Florblanca when looking for a place to stay. After seeing Florblanca, I am glad I chose the Red Palm. It is smaller and more private, which is what I was looking for. Florblanca looks great, but it didn't look like the villas were nearly as nice as the Red Palm.

Service was excellent. We had surfing lessons for 2 days with Leo. He is a great guy, very patient. We also had the couples massage in our villa - excellent, and the horseback ride at sunset on the beach - also excellent.

For dinner I highly recommend Koji's. It was some of the best sushi I have ever tasted - comparable to Nobu and Megu. The fish was perhaps the freshest I've ever had. Pasta Basta was also very good.

Nothing bad to say about this place, really. The Hummingbird Villa was a bit pricey but I still think it was a good value and we had an amazing time. Would love to come back and probably will.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012 via mobile

If you need to wind down, decompress, relax and rejuvenate this is the place for you. The grounds are gorgeous and everything is first class. My best friend and I were treated like royalty. The hotel staff is accommodating and friendly. They knew our names and were very humble and sweet. Snorkeling and swimming out front are great, as well as surfing. Love this hotel and their yoga instructor! My best yoga class EVER! We are going back with our girlfriends this coming March. Thanks everyone there for a great getaway!

• Stayed April 2012
Vancouver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

My husband and I recently returned to Costa Rica to visit family and decided to stay at Red Palm Villas for a night. We got married at Red Palm Villas in May 2010 (review of this on tripadvisor) and wanted to relive some of our wedding moments there. I have to tell you...this is my third time stepping onto the grounds of RPV and going through the Honeymoon Villa was like walking through it the first time.....it took my breath away and I had mini butterflies of excitement just seeing the architecture, beach view, and flowers all over. I don't know how to describe it, but it just felt like home.

Initially we only had time to stay for one night, as we had plans to travel other places in the country, but Mike convinced me to stay two nights. We stayed the two nights, and immediately after leaving for our next destination, I was sad and missed RPV and our furry friends so much that I had to return. We returned three days later and this time stayed in the Hummingbird Villa for another night. I have to say the Hummingbird Villa is now my favorite. I love how you can just roll up the windows and have an open air house with this gorgeous view of the waves rolling on the beach while eating breakfast at your kitchen table. Even after leaving again the 2nd time, it was still not enough. Next time we will be definitely staying longer.

During our stay there, I fell in love with the RPV dogs, Cisco & Ceiba. They are both so special, each with their own unique personality - loyal, fun, friendly, and loving. They were such a pleasure to have around. It's like we adopted them for the time we were there, and definitely it was sad to leave them behind. If you are a dog lover, you will definitely enjoy their company. If you are not, rest assured the dogs provide added security to the property and you will be safe during your stay.

As we were there during low season, there wasn’t actually much restaurants or hotels open in Santa Teresa. However, the RPV staff was able to still provide great restaurant suggestions and activities to do.

I wanted to also comment about a previous review on RPV from another person who mentioned that she came to RPV to view the place for a wedding venue and received no service, couldn't find reception, parking etc. When I first contacted RPV's website about having my 50 person wedding there, I conversed with Mike and let him know when we were going to be in Santa Teresa to check out the venue. I didn't have a specific time since I didn't know when we were going to arrive, but when we did there are clear signs of parking and reception (uploaded here) and Mike was waiting for us to show us around the property. He took the time and showed us all 5 villas and how each of them was different and unique, and showed us the beachfront and gave us great suggestions for our wedding. It was first class service! The villas are not little - they are huge with lots of space to invite your friends over for drinks and dinner. There are kitchens where you can prepare your own meals or have a chef prepare for you. Even during our stay this past October, every time we pulled up in our car, Lucercita would always come out of the reception area and greet us with a smiling face at the parking lot. In no way is customer service lacking at RPV. It is fantastic customer service but with a personal touch!

Miss you RPV, Ceiba & Cisco! See you all again in two years.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Buffalo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We stayed here for seven nights in August 2012 and this was the
perfect start to our trip. Set on the edge of a stunning beach, the Red
Palm Villas is a collection of villas in exquisite grounds with perfectly
kept grounds and gardens.
The ratio of guests to space is incredibly
generous and sometimes it felt as though we were the only guests
there. I can’t remember sitting on a beach anywhere with such a
luxurious atmosphere certainly not with us being the only people
there.
Our villa was luxurious and equipped to a high standard with
great air conditioning in the bedroom; a well stocked mini bar, free
wifi and a great complimentary breakfast. Of course nothing is really
free, we paid a fair and felt it was still a great choice. Highlight was
the welcome afforded to us by all of the staff who without exception
contributed to creating a special atmosphere, we extend a special
thanks to Lucrecia, Ruth and Josefina. Take the Guided Jungle Tour
if you can, our guide Edwin did a fantastic job of introducing us to the
local culture, wildlife and even took us to some waterfalls where we
were able to take a dip and just relax. Thoroughly recommended for
weddings, honeymoons or family vacations.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to The Red Palm Villas? Share your experiences!