My boyfriend and I found this resort nice but it was secluded and just a little too far from restaurants and shops. It was our first trip to this region. We didn't have a car and the road was muddy because of rains. We had a private villa but were irritated that our "private" path was constantly used by other guests. There was no pool and the surf was too big to swim (plus locals we met told us that the tides could be unpredictable and dangerous). Surfers seemed to be having a great time and even rescued someone who was caught in the tide. But I wouldn't have stayed here if my children were with me.
From here we went to Samara which had one of the most incredible bay's I had ever seen and very safe swimming - we would highly recommend beaches to the north (or south by Jaco / Manuel Antonio) if you like to swim in the ocean - or snorkling. Unfortunately I can't recommend any hotels because we stayed in a friend's private villa. The northern beaches were also much closer to our airport - Liberia. It was such a LONG bumpy drive to Mal Pais and Santa Teresa. The best part of the drive was the ferry ride from Puntarenas.
Considering how pretty the villas looked on the website, we were surprised that only the bedroom was air-conditioned. Maybe at other times of year this is fine, but it was too hot and humid for us and we had lots of bugs. I wish there had been at least a small pool to dip in.
All in all, it was a nice place and the staff was sweet, especially Lucresha. I would have given it 4 stars but thought it was too expensive considering no amenities what-so-ever. I probably won't come back to Santa Teresa mostly because I like to swim and thought it was unsafe.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On the beach, private, awesome views, #1 honeymoon villas and suites, full service.A 24 hour front desk.Daily housekeeping included in the room rate.Private bathroom for each unit.If there is a minimum-stay requirement, it must be no more than 3 nights. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com and Odigeo so you can book your The Red Palm Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Red Palm Villas Hotel Santa Teresa
- The Red Palm Villas Costa Rica/Santa Teresa