My husband and I spent 6 nights at the Red Palm Villas in January. We stayed in the Hummingbird Villa. We arrived after spending 4 nights at the Springs Resort and Spa in Arenal. I admit initially it was an adjustment as the accomodations are night and day. The Villa is architecturally magnificent but for some reason I wasn't prepared for the open air experience. This led to countless "girl scared of insect" screams and I made my husband accompany me to the bathroom from sundown to sunrise. But truly this was part of the magic and our experience would not have been the same otherwise.
The property is beautiful - it really is breathtaking. And the fact that it's right by the ocean with incredible views...wow, just wow.
Because of the timing of our arrival we missed the usual tour and briefing of the property and area. Not a huge deal but after my husband had a scary experience getting caught in high tide, an f.y.i. ahead of time would have avoided this.
The staff are all lovely people. Mike the owner was amazing from the first time I reached out to inquire about availability through our actual stay.
I can't speak to the other accomodations on the property; however from what I could tell the Honeymoon villa looked spectacular.
Recommendations: rent an ATV during your stay. Our experience would have been completely different without this. First of all it's a blast to ride but mostly the freedom it gives you to explore the wonders of Santa Teresa. There are so many incredible restaurants and stretches of deserted beach just waiting to be found. We really fell in love with Santa Teresa.
We can't wait to come back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On the beach, private, awesome views, #1 honeymoon villas and suites, full service.A 24 hour front desk.Daily housekeeping included in the room rate.Private bathroom for each unit.If there is a minimum-stay requirement, it must be no more than 3 nights. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your The Red Palm Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Red Palm Villas Hotel Santa Teresa
- The Red Palm Villas Costa Rica/Santa Teresa