“Total Paradise!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Casa Cecilia

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Santa Teresa
Casa Cecilia
Nicoya peninsula, Santa Teresa, Costa Rica   |
Ranked #5 of 30 Santa Teresa B&B and Inns
Cornwall, U.K.
“Total Paradise!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2009

Myself and my partner are lucky enough to have stayed as Casa Cecilia on two occasions. The first time we visited was in 2007 on the recommendation of some friends who live nearby. We stayed for 12 days but wished we could have stayed longer!

We fell in love with Casa Cecilia and enjoyed our time there that much that we promptly booked to stay again the following year! We will be returning to Casa Cecilia next year and in the future we hope to get married and spend our honeymoon there. It really is the most beautiful place!

Prior to visiting Casa Cecilia I had travelled extensively around Costa Rica on two previous trips. Without a doubt - this place is my favourite 'all round' accommodation (equalled only by the Arenal Observatory Lodge but for very different reasons!) My partner owns and runs a surf travel company - he has surfed and travelled all over the world and also agrees that this place really is the best!

From the moment we walked through the door we received a warm welcome from the staff, the owners and fellow guests alike. We have made good friends at Casa Cecilia and are still in contact with some of the lovely people we've met there. The atmosphere is relaxed and laid back.

The hotel is situated right on one of the most stunning beaches in Costa Rica. There is consistant surf and the sunsets are the best I've seen anywhere in the world! At the same time there are no crowds and the location is quiet and secluded bar the sounds of the ocean and the wildlife.

There are 4 rooms and a suite. Accommodation is on a bed and breakfast basis. Rooms are fully equipped with air con, fridge and en-suite bathrooms with hot water. There is a communal open plan dining / lounge area in the centre of the property which has no ocean facing wall and so truly is the closest you'll get to relaxing 'al fresco'!

Breakfast is prepared freshly each day and includes a variety of fresh fruits, yoghurts, juices, cereals, toast and eggs cooked however you like them! (Oh yeah - and not forgetting the freshly brewed Costa Rican coffee!!).

There is surf board hire available on site and lessons can be booked if required. Massages on the beach can also be arranged locally. There is even an 'honesty' bar!

We were lucky enough to be staying over 'Thanksgiving' last year when the owners of Casa Cecilia cooked an amazing Thanksgiving supper at sunset for all guests and staff alike. It was like being with one big family on Christmas day - a really special evening! (We were also introduced to pumpkin pie for the first time - delicious!).

The service is excellent and nothing is too much trouble for the staff at Casa Cecilia - be it providing extra towels, letting us use the washing machine (!) or helping us to start our quad bike when it wouldn't start!

My only regret about both our visits to Casa Cecilia is that we couldn't stay longer. It's a hidden paradise and I can't wait to return next year!

• Stayed November 2007, traveled as a couple

120 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2009

Are your tired of crowded beaches and mega resorts then this is the place to escape to. From the moment you arrive you know you have arrived in paradise. Casa Cecilia is a small 5 room B&B with a lovely atmosphere. It is relaxing and in the most beautiful setting of all of Santa Teresa. With it's beautiful white sand beaches, delicious and generous breakfast to it's helpful and friendly owners. It is this personal touch that makes Casa Cecilia stand out about the rest.
So if you want paradise on earth I highly recommend this bed and breakfast.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
San Diego,CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2009

I traveled with Family and we rented out every room in the Inn... It is a great location! I was pleased to be able to walk a few feet from my room and dip my toes in the warm pacific surf. The wildlife is abundant including beautiful crabs, monkeys in the tree canopy overhead, and sea life o'plenty. The hotel staff prepared daily a wonderful light breakfast in the am including fresh local fruit, (I imagine picked right off the tree!) There is plenty of outdoor activities to experience including bungee jumping, traversing the jungle by tether line, snorkeling, surfing, hiking, sight seeing, shopping, and so much more! I wish we would have stayed longer than 10 days!

• Stayed November 2007, traveled with family
Vancouver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2009

My father and found Casa Cecilia quite by accident in November of 2004. What an amazing find! The B&B is located right on the white sand beach at one of the best surf breaks in Santa Teresa. We lay in the hammocks and watched the ocean until it was perfect for surfing and then spent hours in the warm water!

We had planned to tour all over Costa Rica but every time we went to leave, we just couldn't! We ended up spending our entire month at Casa Cecilia and got to know the owners very well. They are a couple from San Diego and they've moved down to run this B&B and they love it and all their guests. We were treated like family. We helped put on the Thanksgiving dinner, we went out to the local restaurants together, we did day trips out snorkling and on the Zip Lines. They are really great people who gave up a lot of their time and energy to make Casa Celilia the fantastic B&B that it is.

The B&B itself is very quaint, very well set up. There is an open air lounge area and kitchen. The rooms are airy and quite spacious. There is a massage gazebo on the beach (I highly recommend getting one, it is absolute magic)! The food is very nice and very fresh. The roads in and out of Santa Teresa are rough at best, but definately worth it!

Upon our departure, the owner organized storage for our surf boards so that we could leave them in Costa Rica when we left. Every year when we return they are waiting for us!

My father returns to Casa Cecilia for a month every year. I try and make it down every second year. My mom and my boyfriend came down with us last year and they absolutely loved it. This will be a family tradition for a long time to come. We are always welcomed as long lost family and our comfort and relaxation are our hosts main concern for the duration of our stay.

I highly recommend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed November 2008, traveled with family
Vancouver,
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2009

In 2003 my daughter and I escaped the harsh Canadian winter to surf and relax here at Santa Teresa. We had the very good fortune to spend a month staying at this gem of a hotel. I have been back 6 times, since then, (sometimes solo, sometimes with family and friends) for periods of a month, or more, each time. The location, the cleanliness of the rooms, the quiet, the hammocks, the friendly and accommodating staff, the howler monkeys and the Costa Rican sun and surf keep me coming back.....

• Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
rriggs1234
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2009

What an amazing trip. My family and I recently spent time at Casa Cecelia in Santa Theresa, Costa Rica….in fact this was our second trip back. Upon our arrival we were greeted with smiling faces and the warmest of welcomes. Mornings consisted of waking up to the aroma of freshly brewed Costa Rican coffee and the sound of waves breaking just outside our window. The breakfast included eggs to order, fresh fruit, oatmeal, cereal, freshly baked bread, juice etc. There is nothing like waking up and eating breakfast while staring at the waves wondering where you’ll paddle out. We spent our days lying in hammocks, surfing, building sand castles with our daughter, laughing and telling stories with staff and guests and enjoying the beautiful, unpopulated beach right out front of Casa Cecelia. The accommodations were a friendly reminder of all the amenities of home. Our room was equipped with TV, air conditioner, clean linens, refrigerator, private bath, ceiling fan, just to name a few. Again the staff made our stay at Casa Cecelia a memorable experience that we thoroughly enjoyed. I feel extremely privileged to have vacationed here and cherish the relationships and adventures forged along the way.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2009

We discovered this GEM in the middle of our 3 week holiday around Costa Rica and what a great surprise. The english speaking owners were not there, but the friendly and helpful spanish/french speaking local (who lives right on site) and takes care of the place greeted us! He was very kind. Our room was on the bottom level and had a/c, fan, small fridge, tv, double bed and good size bathroom. The room was clean, cool and spacious enough of the 2 of us. There is a common area which has nice tables and couches which looks out to the ocean. At night time, there are lights to turn on and fans to be under so that you can enjoy the ocean sounds and watch the crabs come to say hi. During the high times, this is a bed and breakfast. However, during our stay breakfast was not included, but we had free access to the kitchen ( the price was discounted a bit due to now breakfast provided).
We had only planned on staying 3 nights, but after the first day we stayed for an extra 2 nights......all due to the location and view. We walked out of our door and the ocean was less than 100m away. We were surrounded by trees, so you felt like you were in a private cove on the beach. The caretaker hung out hammocks every morning which were located on the trees closest to the ocean....breathtaking! The beach was clean and beautiful and the sunset was amazing!
This has to be my favorite place in our 3 week holiday around Costa Rica! I would go back in a heart beat!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Casa Cecilia? Share your experiences!