“5* Service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Casa Cecilia

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Santa Teresa
Casa Cecilia
Nicoya peninsula, Santa Teresa, Costa Rica   |
Ranked #5 of 30 Santa Teresa B&B and Inns
“5* Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

Home from home with Don and team providing a 5* service. Don's local knowledge is invaluable and he is well connected to make your fishing trip or other excursion memorable. oh - and the surf break in front of the house is awesome!

• Stayed June 2013

121 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Buenos Aires, Argentina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

I am a constant guest in Casa Cecilia, every time we come to Costa Rica we stay here, it´s an excellent place on beach location!!! It´s perfect if you want to stay in a place that resembles a house, rather than a hotel! It would be nice to have a swimming pool sometime soon! I simply love Santa Teresa and Casa Cecilia !!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Guelph, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

If the howler monkees, the parade of crabs at night, the nightly postcard sunsets, the hammocks on the beach under the palms, the ocean and the surf and the waves that lull you to sleep at night when you hear them from your room, the delicious breakfast with the best yogurt ever, the tranquility, the peace, the sweetest vibe of how a vacation, even life, is supposed to be; if none of this stuff gets your imagination going and your heart growing a little bigger, then maybe don't stay at this sweetest of places. If you don't like a host that is genuine and generous and doing something he loves, which is sharing his bliss for this place with the people who visit, then maybe Don is not your man. But...
If you wanna have the kind of vacation that makes you question why you would ever want to go anywhere else, go here. I read a review before I booked at Casa Cecilia, and it said 'go here, now', and they were right. Do it. You won't ever want to leave.
My sweet woman and I stayed a week, physically, but we are still there, in our souls, lying in hammocks, sipping delicious drinks and staring out into Big Blue. Man oh man, as soon as we got home, we started planning how to get back there as soon as possible. I'm serious; this place is where I spent my most favouritest days in a long time.
As soon as we checked in, Don asked us what we wanted to do, arranged a sailing trip for us with Captain Curt (do this, too), got me a surfboard, and gave me a six-pack of beer. That was in the first ten minutes. Throughout the week, he drove us around to get stuff, arranged an atv for us, tried to get us on a domestic flight so we could stay an extra day, 'cause we didn't wanna leave, recommended the most delectable pizza place that we ordered from twice, chilled with us and, best of all, became a friend. Good luck getting that at some big, fancy-pants resort.
We stayed in the casa for the first few days, which was big and clean and nice, but then we moved to the suite, with the ocean view, and loved it even more. For a couple of days, there were no other guests, and at night we were completely alone, and it was like being at home, if your home was about a hundred times more awesome.
Get a surf lesson from Pia, who's in charge when Don is surfing Cabuya. She's the sweetest, and she also made sure we had some breakfast the morning we left. Ruth, who was the housekeeper, gave us freshly picked mangoes, and was so sweet and nice. she also waitresses at Habanero's, go there and eat, it's delicious, and give her a fat tip. Go to Hermosa Beach, too, it's beautiful.
And do all this, you know why? Because life is short and this is the stuff you remember and you wanna keep doing and you share with the ones that you love and makes you feel full, in your heart. That's why. These guys will help you do that, if you're open to it.
In the words of good old Joseph Campbell- 'Your sacred space is where you can find yourself again and again.'
We'll be going back to find ourselves again, soon.
the end.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

Steps from the beach. Best place for those looking for the wave action. This is away from the dust of playa Carmen. Why lonely planet editors didn't write this place up is a shortcoming of the guide.
There are hammocks to lounge in and the stay comes with breakfast which is terrific.

Room Tip: All rooms great
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Maitland, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

We enjoyed our week long stay soooo very much!! The accommodations are clean, fresh, tropical & beautiful beyond my dreams! Everyone is treated like family! To wake up to fresh coffee and tea, walk out of my room and be on the beach to start my morning was the best! Evening sunsets on the water were amazing. The weather is so beautiful, you could be playing in the waves and feel like you're a part of the sunset!! I recommend Casa Cecelia to all my friends! I will be back!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Long Branch, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

Don, the manager is a wonderful, helpful, friendly person. He makes you feel so comfortable and he is a terrific resource for whatever information you need. Pia is another worker that is also a wonderful person. I can't say enough about them. This was our second year staying here and we cannot wait to return next year. The rooms are spotless and I am a clean freak so I appreciate that. The beds are super comfortable and the air con works perfectly. It is right on the beach so I was able to sit in a hammock and watch my husband surf right out front. The breakfast is included and it is awesome. I was full all day! You will love it here! Thanks Don and Pia.
Kyle & PJ

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
New York, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

found this place on here and loved it. amazing service, beautiful location, nice small feel and all around amazing. I can't wait to come back her and try experience this again.

Its difficult to find nice affordable places on the beach and this was it exactly

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Casa Cecilia? Share your experiences!