“Casa Cecilia Santa Teresa - perfect beach location!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Casa Cecilia

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Santa Teresa
Casa Cecilia
Save Saved
You added Casa Cecilia to your Saves list
Nicoya peninsula, Santa Teresa, Costa Rica   |
Ranked #4 of 31 Santa Teresa B&B and Inns
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
“Casa Cecilia Santa Teresa - perfect beach location!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

Steps from the beach. Best place for those looking for the wave action. This is away from the dust of playa Carmen. Why lonely planet editors didn't write this place up is a shortcoming of the guide.
There are hammocks to lounge in and the stay comes with breakfast which is terrific.

Room Tip: All rooms great
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Maitland, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

We enjoyed our week long stay soooo very much!! The accommodations are clean, fresh, tropical & beautiful beyond my dreams! Everyone is treated like family! To wake up to fresh coffee and tea, walk out of my room and be on the beach to start my morning was the best! Evening sunsets on the water were amazing. The weather is so beautiful, you could be playing in the waves and feel like you're a part of the sunset!! I recommend Casa Cecelia to all my friends! I will be back!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Long Branch, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

Don, the manager is a wonderful, helpful, friendly person. He makes you feel so comfortable and he is a terrific resource for whatever information you need. Pia is another worker that is also a wonderful person. I can't say enough about them. This was our second year staying here and we cannot wait to return next year. The rooms are spotless and I am a clean freak so I appreciate that. The beds are super comfortable and the air con works perfectly. It is right on the beach so I was able to sit in a hammock and watch my husband surf right out front. The breakfast is included and it is awesome. I was full all day! You will love it here! Thanks Don and Pia.
Kyle & PJ

New York, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

found this place on here and loved it. amazing service, beautiful location, nice small feel and all around amazing. I can't wait to come back her and try experience this again.

Its difficult to find nice affordable places on the beach and this was it exactly

Victoria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

You simply CANNOT beat the location, hospitality/service, beauty, cleanliness and overall tranquillo vibe and "la familia" feeling that you get at Casa Cecilia. Oh, and the beds are VERY comfortable! If you are a surfer, then, you are in for an extra-special treat, because one of the best beach breaks in the area and a right-hand reef-point lie right outside your door! If you don't surf, no worries - the beach is absolutely beautiful, and watching the outstanding surfing out front and the horseback riders galloping down the beach should be enough to relax even the most stressed-out big city business warriors. Don Martinez, the manager, will cook you an EXCELLENT made-to-order breakfast everyday, and is the most friendly and helpful hotel manager you will ever encounter. He is fluent in English, Spanish, and surf, so no worries on communication barriers. Don also know ALL the best local restaurants, and will even suggest dishes off their menus, if you would like (all the restaurant and meal recommendations we got were off-the-charts delicious); as well as all the nearby activities/sights/daytrips. My wife and I stayed for a week, and could've stayed for a lifetime. We WILL be back to Casa Cecilia, maybe even later this year; and maybe even annually. I have no need or desire to search for better accommodations in the Playa Santa Teresa/Mal Pais area. This is it. This is the best, and by far the best value and best managed/staffed. I give Casa Cecilia my highest recommendation.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

Located just north of the main town so away from the noise and dust, but close enough to enjoy when wanted. The hotel is small meaning you share the beach with very few other people if any while you soak up the sun or lounge in the shaded areas with chairs and hammocks. It is one of the only truly beachfront places in the area, so you wake up, have delicious coffee on the beach, eat a wonderful cooked to order breakfast in the outdoor dining area whenever you want it, and then walk twenty steps to hammocks on the beach. Hotel has boogie boards and surf boards for use or you cam swim in the water right out front as it is not rocky like other areas. There is a tide pool to the north for snorkeling that is an easy short walk away also. For lunch and dinner you can enjoy one of the amazing restaurants within a short walk, drive to other amazing places around santa teresa, or use the full kitchen facilities available to guests to cook (grocery store about a quarter mile away). The rooms are perfect; clean, all ocean views, safes, refrigerators, fan can be used with open windows with screens to keep cool, also air conditioners though we didnt need it, good water pressure and hot water. Common areas with tables and chairs, sofas, bottled water, outdoor shower, foot bath. The staff are amazing, helpful,friendly and go above and beyond to cater to guests. Don is the manager, Pia is an assistant and both helped us book activities, make restaurant reservations, arrange transportation anywhere anytime, and generally made you feel you had the service of a huge resort, but in the beautiful seclusion of casa cecilia.

Basically, this is the perfect place on the beach in costa rica and is an incredible value for the service and the location you receive. we will definitely be back! We travel abroad frequently and rarely write reviews unless we LOVE a place, so hopefully you will find this helpful and stay here!

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

I chose Casa Cecilia because of good reviews on Tripadvisor and it exceeded my expectations and blew me away. Don, the manager, helped my boyfriend and I settle into our vacation the moment we stepped off the plane in Tambor. Don knows all the local activities offered and can help you book if you want to do something in addition to swimming, surfing and hammocking. I know it's hard to find activities listed online in the area and even TripAdvisor is somewhat limited but Don knows all the local offerings. It seems like people will do what they love everyday regardless (surf, fish, dive, hike, farm, etc) but will take you along for a fee. All the locals are very friendly and honest-to-goodness want you to have a pleasurable experience.

Our room was beautiful and very very clean. I have a minor bug phobia and even though the hotel was literally on the beach and adjacent to the jungle, there was nary a bug in sight in our bedroom. Splendid! The new renovations gave it a spa-like atmosphere due to all the wood detailing. The room was equipped with Wifi, AC, mini-fridge and safe. They provide towels and soaps. Bring everything else with you. They are also dog friendly.

The location of the hotel was slightly outside the main Santa Teresa strip which my boyfriend enjoyed because it was quiet. However, both slightly upscale restaurants and cheaper local cafes ("Sodas") line the street behind the hotel within walking distance. A nice beach bar and grill, Rocamar, is Casa Cecilia's beach neighbor. We went during high season where it is very dusty on the main road. The best way to do anything outside of the immediate area next to Casa Cecilia (Santa Teresa town, Mal Pais, Cabuya, Montezuma) requires a car, taxi or ATV. Ask Don for booking rentals and also food recommendations. He gives me the impression he is a foodie at heart. He cooks an excellent and plentiful breakfast and uses locally sourced and often organic foods. Try the local yogurt + granola! It's glorious. Also, try all the local condiments.

A wonderful experience through and through. We will try our best to return next year!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Casa Cecilia? Share your experiences!