“Just perfect...” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Casa Azul

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Santa Teresa
Los Angeles, California
“Just perfect...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

My friend and I had spend a few weeks traveling through costa rica before making it to Santa Teresa. We didn't have any hotel accommodations upon our arrival to the town but we quickly found Casa Azul and were so happy we did!! We were greeted by Richard who was extremely nice and knowledgable about the area, things to do etc. We ended up staying in the casita which was clean, private, modern (but not too modern) and very pleasant. We were only supposed to stay for 2 nights then continue our travels but we were so happy with Casa Azul and Santa Teresa as a whole, we ended up staying there until the end of our trip! In fact, I love this area so much, I'm going back mid October for a few months - which reminds me...time to put in a reservation request at Casa Azul!!

Room Tip: I recommend the private, bungalow casita - Its very private, clean and spacious.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

Reading the other reviews, not sure who Tess & matt were... but, I went in off season (Aug 2012)... I moved to Casa Azul after being down in St Teresa area. I loved the Carmen area way better.

It really is perfect if you want to be on the beach and a lower cost.

I stayed in the oceanview room for a couple nights, then 4 nights in the casita. The casita is the way to go. I thnk the best view, and privacy from the main house/rooms. The hammock out front of the casita has a great view of the ocean. I sat in that hammock most of the time, and read/listened to music. Enjoying the view.

So, noise wise. There is a club next door which Richard is very honest about noise level. I didn't mind it at all. Most of the nights they were playing music (does go until 3am), but I liked most of it so I fell asleep to it, or put in ear plugs if I didn't. It's not a huge deal.

I highly recommend this location. I really enjoyed the small B&B feel and on the beach. The staff here is extremely family hospitality. The pool is wonderful in case the surf is too strong to go swim in the ocean. Being right there on the beach is the best part of it as well like their marketing slogan says... Closer to the waves :)

Thank you again Richard - and crew for the nice time. I hope to return again. also a great place for a wedding :) ha ha. I thought when I get married, what a great locale if you can talk the management into it.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Graz, Austria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

We had a good time @ Casa Azul. Matteo and Thess were very friendly and supported us in every situation perfectly. They organised also some nice dinner for us. Visit also Vista de Olas, with an amazing view over the coastline and fantastic filet mignon.

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

I just had the pleasure of spending some much needed R&R at the wonderful Casa Azul in Santa Teresa. Upon arrival we were greeted by the very friendly, Matt and Tess, who were extremely helpful and gave great recommendations for all things Santa Teresa. The house had everything you needed without being too connected to the outside world. It's the perfect place to go and get away from the daily stresses of life. The house was clean and absolutely beautiful with a gorgeous pool out front that overlooked the beach 50 feet away. The beach had some of the best surf you could find in the Santa Teresa/Mal Pais area. The property was a great place to view the exotic animals of Costa Rica. Iguanas of all sizes, tropical birds, colorful butterflies, and a family of monkeys were frequent visitors to the grounds. Santa Teresa has everything you could possibly need on vacation, while still maintaining that small beach town feel. Surfing, ATV rentals, yoga classes, horseback riding, and fishing are just a few of the numerous activities it has to offer. It has fantastic restaurants within in walking distance and great shops to visit as well. I'm already planning my return trip for next year and I know Casa Azul will be a regular vacation spot for me from now on! If you're planning a trip to Santa Teresa I highly recommend you spend your time at Casa Azul! Pura Vida!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

We stayed for one week and had a fantastic week. Tess and Matt our hosts gave us great tips and recommendations and were always really helpful for us. The house is clean, beautiful with a fantastic garden and an own beach access. The surfing spot is just in front of the house. Simply heaven. We would love to come back.

Corvallis, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

Hands down still the best place in town. Just left Santa Teresa after spending some quality time on the beach. Nobody has a better location than Casa Azul. Great surf right out in front, excellent restaurants within walking distance and a wonderful staff.
Casa Azul is my favorite place in Central America to leave everything behind and relax. I can't wait to head back there next year.

• Stayed June 2012
Berlin, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

My boyfriend and me have been in Casa Azul from 16th till 21st of June 2012. It was a wonderful time! An American couple - Matt and Tess - took care of us in a very helpful and relaxed way. They had great ideas for having dinner (Pasta Basta, Brisas del Mar), visit the region (waterfalls in Montezuma) or rent a surfboard.
There is a beach in front of the beautiful garden which seems to belong to you in the low season. If you plan to stay some nights and are lucky, you can get a good price for one of the bigger rooms.
There is no stove in the kitchen, but we were allowed to use a barbecue. Drive to the small viallge of fishers and get some really fresh fish!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Casa Azul? Share your experiences!