“Best In Town” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Casa Azul

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Santa Teresa
Hotel Casa Azul
100 meters north of crossroads of Mal Pais / Santa Teresa, Santa Teresa, Costa Rica   |
Corvallis, Oregon
“Best In Town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2011

Back in the states for almost a week now and wish everyday that I were swinging in a hammock on the porch at Casa Azul. The owner Richard has done an excellent job of creating a little home away from home for everyone who visits. The only house on the beach Casa Azul offers a truly one of a kind experience. Just a short walk down the driveway puts you minutes from the best restaurants in town. I will definitely be back next year.

Room Tip: Be Nice
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends

118 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Burlington, Vermont
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2011

We had a wonderful time in Santa Teresa at Casa Azul. I was pleasantly surprised to find that Casa Azul is one of the only spots in the area that is almost directly on the beach. You can check the waves from your room and walk 25 meters to the beach to surf, swim or watch the sunset.
The grounds were beautiful. Casa Azul is conveniently located right across the street from the Bakery - a great spot for breakfast and lunch.
Richard, the owner, was helpful and friendly. He had great recommendations for surf lessons and restaurants as it was our first time to the area.
Casa Azul is one of the places in Costa Rica that I would love to return to.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2011 via mobile

When I arrived in town I had no set plan and just needed to crash for a nite or 2. After a couple days at casa azul u couldn't have paid me to switch hotels. I loved it so much!! I was spellbound by the location. Right in town surrounded by restaurants, bars, and most importantly right on the beach. Most places say they are near the beach but this one is directly on the beach!
Beautiful landscaping and fruit trees. I ate my share of fresh mangos! Iguanas all over the place!
The one thing missing was wireless Internet but the owner said he could arrange one those USB Internet sticks if u request it. I just ended up crossing the street and using the Internet at the local bakery. If someone can show me a better place in town than this, please show me!!

• Stayed April 2011
Ashland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2011

I just had my second wonderful stay at Hotel Casa Azul and highly recommend the place to anyone who wants a beautiful place right on the beach. The lush landscaped grounds are a welcome contrast from the noise and dust covering most other places on the main drag.

My family and I have been coming here for years and each time I am thrilled to be able to walk right out of our private and secure little oasis out on to the beach and be in the water in seconds. It really is a luxury leaving your stuff right there in your room and not having to worry about bringing a towel, etc. down there with you.

The owner Richard is a nice guy and has had his staff on for a very long time. They are courteous and efficient at keeping the place comfortable. We always feel very safe and are able to fully enjoy our vacation at the Casa Azul. If you plan ahead and get reservations this place is ideal for big groups because you can rent it all out and have the whole hotel to yourselves!

Pura Vida,
Kevin S.

Room Tip: All the rooms are the best at Casa Azul!
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Hermosa Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2011 via mobile

I would highly recommend this place to anyone staying in the mal pais/Santa teresa area. You cannot beat the location. It's the only hotel on playa Carmen beach that is actually on the beach, which happens to be right where the best surfing break was too. You're also close to a bunch of shops and restaurants. The rooms were nice and we were thankful to have a/c. Some of our friends stayed at a different hotel w/o a/c and were miserable. I can't say enough good things about the place. Thanks to Richard for making our stay awesome.

• Stayed April 2011
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2011

Just got back from Casa Azul -- Did a quick 3 day trip w/ my girlfriend....If you are looking for a nice/clean/ocean front hotel w/ a pool + close to town, Casa Azul is your spot. We stayed in an ocean front room (downstaris) -- Clean, comfortable and i cant stress enough the amazing proximity to the beach/waves -- You could surf from sun-up to sun-down....

The house owner - Richard, was very professional and responsive to whatever we needed (taxi, reservations, etc...). For the money, i don't think you will find better value in the area. The proximity of this place is prime.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Niceville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2011

My wife and 2 friends had an awesome time and we so happy about our decision to stay here. The only available beach access house in the area, the pool was used every day, and the staff were friendly and kept our rooms clean. Richard was a great host ensuring we had everything we needed during our stay. We would do it again in a heartbeat without even looking at anywhere else to stay, plan early because these spaces go quick for a reason. Hope to see you again next year Richard!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Casa Azul? Share your experiences!