“they brought us the boards into the resort” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 30 Activities in Santa Teresa
Type: Classes/Workshops
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Al Chile Surf Shop and School offer you the ultimate surfing experience here in Santa Teresa. We have a wide variety of boards varying from long boards, fun boards, performance boards and boogie boards. We run an excellent surf school with a variety of teachers. Whether you are a complete beginner looking for lessons or an experienced surfer here to enjoy our amazing waves - come check us out!
Lisbon, Portugal
“they brought us the boards into the resort”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

average price and they were nice to bring the boards to the hotel ;)
The boards were in godd shape and mine was fast and furious ;)

tks fellas

Visited April 2013

London
“My fave surf shop in Santa Teresa”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

Whether you are just renting a surfboard or are taking lessons with Esther, Palomyllo or their staff you will find a friendly welcome, good prices and quality service at Al Chile. I've rented boards for our groups with them since they opened and its one of my favourite places in Santa Teresa to sit in a hammock chair, have a chin wag and watch the world go by ..

Insider tip, pop in and check out Esther's clothing line of beach skirts, shorts, and tops .. she hand makes them all so she will adapt something just for you if you ask!

Visited January 2013
Portland, Oregon
“Best teachers around. The heart of Santa Teresa”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

I highly recommend Al Chile Surf Shop for lessons, gear and surf support. Palomyllo and Ester really care about their clients. They have gone above and beyond in ensuring me a positive experience. Palomyllo is an amazing surf teacher, I will always give him credit for teaching me how to surf. They emanate the 'pura vida' lifestyle vibes and anyone seeking an authentic surf experience should seek them out. For real!
~Gregory 'Jeej' Gardner from Oregon USA

Visited March 2013
“Superior, professional and fun surfshop and school, very close to the break in Santa Teresa”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013 via mobile

If you want to meet the two most friendly people of Santa Teresa, head down to Al Chile Surf Shop for board rental or surflessons from Esther and Palomyllo!

The shop is conveniently located near the break in Santa Teresa and has good surf boards. The staff is super friendly, easy-going and always willing to give you advice on surfboards and techniques.

I personally very much enjoyed my private 2-hour lesson, whereby Palomyllo took me to a spot a bit up north and whereby I had my first real experience in the line-up. All levels are taught here with great enthusiasm, and a lesson normally includes boardrent the day after (24h). Fun and superior in service - hope to come back!

Portland, Oregon
“good surf shop to use”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

I've been to Santa Teresa, Costa Rica, twice now to learn how to surf (part of Chica Surf Adventure). Both times I used boards from this shop, and they were super nice, and made sure I was getting the right size board for my level of experience.
Also, Palomyllo and Esther are both very good surf instructors. My friend and I got Palomyllo, and he got us up and surfing, providing good instruction and cracking jokes too.
I would definitely recommend this shop!

Visited December 2012