“This is the spot!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Santa Teresa Hostel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Santa Teresa
Santa Teresa Hostel
Santa Teresa main street, 100mts Northwest from Zula Restaurant | Second floor Supermarket, Santa Teresa, Costa Rica   |
Toronto, Canada
“This is the spot!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013

Stayed with a friend here for a week - having no clue where else to stay in Santa Teresa except only hearing of a few of the more popular spots. Stumbled into this hostel above Super Fresca and met Greg. He made the stay super chill and accommodating, helping us with whatever we needed. Room had working A/C, patio has a lil pool and billiards table. We all cooked up a dinner one night like a family. Was a great experience and right in the middle of the Santa Teresa strip which makes it great for exploring in both directions. 2 minute walk to the beach across the street and there is a place to rent surfboards right out front. Highly recommended!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo

17 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

Talk about a true warming, welcoming, and relaxing atmosphere. Memo's Pura Vida hospitality was truly something that was purely authentic and genuine. I was traveling with a friend of mine and we were the crazy travelers who liked to stay in a different hostel every night in order to get to know more people and gain a greater feel for what the town we were in at that moment had to offer but let me tell you, this hostel changed us. Throughout the three weeks of our travels in Costa Rica I give Santa Teresa Hostel, hands down the best review for comfort and hospitality. We intended to stay one night and ended up staying three. We were actually the only ones besides the owner and a couple of his super nice buddies staying at the hostel at the time. The beds were SO comfortable, there was AC (oh my gosh can you say heaven and quite a luxury in Costa Rica) and best of all it was SUPER close to the beach and a super market was right below it. The only thing I still giggle about is that I saw my first cockroach one night in our room at the hostel. I screamed because it was so big and I had my friend in tears laughing so hard because he thought it was so funny. Hey what can you say? You're in Costa Rica, they got bugs!! No biggy. I'm honestly at a loss for words on how wonderful the experience we had at this hostel was. It was as they say, fully loaded with everything and anything you could ever need or want and talk about a bargain! We will most certainly be coming back to stay at Santa Teressa Hostel as well as sending our friends Memo's way.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

I was fortunate enough to backpack through Costa Rica and stay at the Santa Teresa Hostel. Immediately, I noticed the relaxed vibe of the hostel and the kind faces of locals willing to help me have the best experience possible. I had planned to stay for only 4 nights but extended my stay to a week because I fell in love with the town and the hostel! It was a lifestyle I could see myself living forever, and I felt right at home after my first night there. The hostel is very clean and has a lot of open areas for relaxing. There is a great jacuzzi, a bar, a pool table, and hammocks for hanging out any time of the day. At night, the area would light up with beautiful lights and lanterns. The kitchen has great amenities, a fridge, working stove, microwave, etc. The best part about the hostel is that it is located above a supermarket! This is perfect for a backpacker's budget because I was able to buy fresh food to cook instead of dining out. With that being said, Memo has a lot of great restaurant recommendations with delicious food. Memo's Pura Vida hospitality was effortless and it is easy to see how passionate he is about his love for Costa Rica. He went out of his way to show us a lot of secret local areas and introduce us to many of his friends who did the same. (Make sure you ask him where the natural tide pools are! So amazing!) If I could stay in Santa Teresa Hostel forever, I would. I definitely plan on coming back. Since the beginning of our trip, everyone we met emphasized the phrase "Pura Vida", but it wasn't until I stayed at Santa Teresa Hostel and met Memo did I truly understand the meaning of it.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

I recently stayed in the Santa Teresa Hostel and fully regret leaving!! I booked there for 4 nights and stayed for 7 because I could not leave. The hostel is extremely clean and such a good price. The location is ideal being located on top of a supermarket, right across from the beach and nearby everything. The atmosphere of the hostel is amazing, mostly because the owner, Memo, really goes out of his way to make your stay special. Not only did he show us all of the local hotspots, hidden gems, amazing places and restaurants but he basically became our tour guide and he became a good friend. Memo will go out of his way to help you book transportation or anything you need. If you visit Santa Teresa, you must stay at the Santa Teresa Hostel... You will be very impressed with the hospitality provided and how much fun the hostel is! I still regret leaving!!

• Stayed September 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013 via mobile

The hostel is in a great location right above a grocery store. Everything was near by and the staff is really friendly and welcoming. The rooms are nice and clean and they have air conditioning. There is a hot tub, bat, and a pool table that you can use without additional charges. In general Memo and the others make you feel like long time friends. They're really helpful and informative.

• Stayed August 2013
Truo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

Came across this place by pure luck, planned on staying for 2 days and ended up staying for 8 days. As a young couple we prefer to stay in a private room and usually have to pay a little bit more to do so but this hostel was very reasonable. Not only were the rooms a very good price but to our surprise they included a private bathroom, T.V. and A.C. The staff were very friendly and the owner/operator (Memo) was awesome, he showed us around the small town and gave us a few hints of where to get the most chill sunset session. Kitchen was great and when a pan got old or dirty Memo would replace it with a new one.

There is a small pool in the hostel which was nice but the big seller for me was a relatively new pool table where you could chill have a beer and meet new people.

This is a nice chill hostel which allows enough privacy to relax if you want but also has a good party atmosphere if that is what you are looking for.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

The hostel owners, Barboza and Gregory, have a created a really cool atmosphere that is not only laid back but also friendly. They became friends during my days there while they take me surfing as well as ATV riding. The nights were relaxing and fun while we chilled at the hostel playing pool and listening to music. The kitchen was one of the more spacious and well equipped that I found during my trek through Costa Rica. I opted for a private room which they offer at an affordable price. It had a private bath and A/C. I slept great. Barboza went out his way to make sure that I made it to my ferry for my return trip calling favors for me. I'm friends with each of them on Facebook and I hope to see them again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo

Been to Santa Teresa Hostel? Share your experiences!