We spent one night in this hotel while traveling the peninsula early July 2012 (start of rain season.) This hotel is located a bit away from the busy era of Santa Teresa and Malpais. Great friendly service and in a quiet little hotel of 4 bungalows. We had the beachfront bungalow #3, had dinner and breakfast at the hotel. This is not your typical accommodation: open roof bathroom, bamboo build, no sealed windows, net over bed to protect from mosquitoes at night... but this was perfect for us. We loved it. Our bungalow's front porch was overlooking the ocean. We left it wide open all night listening to the ocean and watching lightening and thunderstorm. We had a fabulous lighting show over the ocean during our dinner (+1.5hr) at their open air restaurant. Food was delicious. French tropical fusion prepare with local fresh produces, decent wine list.
After dinner, we went for a night walk before rain started. The beach is safe at night in this area. In the morning the howler monkeys were right above our bathroom watching us taking shower.
The hotel has free WiFi Internet access. A safe in the bungalow, there is a pool and no fitness room, but there are several activities that can be arrange or do on your own: swim, yoga, snorkeling, surf, boogie board, run, walk, etc.
I definitely recommend this hotel to any one who doesn't mind the open air accommodation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Milarepa is located on beautiful beachfront property at the Northern End of Santa Teresa. Our 4 open air cabinas and restaurant are surrounded by tropical foliage. Our resident howler monkey's can be found in the mango trees above your cabina on any given day and the sounds and vibrations of the Pacific will rock you to bed at night. At low tide there are gorgeous natural tide pools located just in front of the properties and the sunsets are unforgettable daily event. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and BookingOdigeoWL so you can book your Milarepa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Milarepa Hotel Santa Teresa
- Milarepa Costa Rica/Santa Teresa