Perfect setting under a jungle canopy of vegetation abutting Santa Teresa beach, families of howling monkeys overhead dining on mangoes that they pull from trees, Small, boutique, charming with simply yet chic decor. The food is sensational, gourmet and fresh, prepared most evenings by Chef Sebastien and during the days by another lovely woman, it feels as if everything is home cooked (and, it is!). The staff is young and very helpful and pleasant. The owners, Philippe and Caroline are amazing, really cool and kind. The staff couldn't have made life there easier or more enjoyable. Oh, and Cristina the yoga instructor and masseuse is sensational, inspired. In all, a perfect spot with a phenomenal staff. Can't wait to go back!! Only issue is it's remoteness makes getting there from an international airport somewhat of a challenge-- small aircraft vs. auto/ferry/auto (however, the drive IS beautiful) and easy to hire a driver/car (Milarepa helps set that up too, with a terrific gentleman named Gilberto). A+++++++ !!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Milarepa is located on beautiful beachfront property at the Northern End of Santa Teresa. Our 4 open air cabinas and restaurant are surrounded by tropical foliage. Our resident howler monkey's can be found in the mango trees above your cabina on any given day and the sounds and vibrations of the Pacific will rock you to bed at night. At low tide there are gorgeous natural tide pools located just in front of the properties and the sunsets are unforgettable daily event. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Milarepa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Milarepa Hotel Santa Teresa
- Milarepa Costa Rica/Santa Teresa