“Number 1 Honeymoon Spot” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Florblanca Resort

and 1 more site!
You added Florblanca Resort to your Saves list
Florblanca Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   4 KM North of Franks Place | Cobano, Santa Teresa 1315361, Costa Rica   |
Ranked #11 of 25 Hotels in Santa Teresa
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Number 1 Honeymoon Spot”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2010

My wife and I were looking for a really nice resort for a honeymoon in which we could catch up on some rest & relaxation; however, we wanted the option to venture out and explore what the area had to offer. Florblanca was the perfect balance between relaxing retreat and exciting excursions & adventure.

Starting with the service...Florblanca's service from the moment we arrived was wonderful. When we landed at the airport, we were welcomed by a sign with our name on it and driver ready to take us to the resort (and a cooler of drinks in the car, might I add). When we opened the door to our room, they had left us champagne & flowers throughout the villa. Also, The resort also has an phenomenal restaurant. We ate every meal at there. The staff was exceptional and by the end of the week, we felt like we were leaving friends...in fact, we hugged many staff members on the way out.

The resort...The place was unbelievable. With only 10 villas on the resort, we never had to worry about people crowding up by the pool, spa, hammocks, rocking chairs, etc. Each villa was surrounded by plants & vegetation making the places feel extremely private. Outdoor shower was awesome! All in all, the setting was one of the best things about the place.

To do... The first couple of days, we laid around the pool and read. Once we got the urge to venture out, there was so much to do. My wife and I went zip-lining, surfing, yoga classes, four wheeling, etc. The best thing about it...we didn't have to plan in advance. Florblanca has a concierge that set up everything for us. Typically, we would decide at breakfast what we wanted to do that day and then we would ask concierge to set it all up for us. They took care of the rest.

All in all...We felt like this place was an unbelievable get away for couples...I would highly recommend it!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2010

My husband and I stayed at Florblanca for 4 nights at the beginning of May. It was one of, if not the, nicest resort hotel that we have ever been to. The bungalows were beautiful, the staff was fantastic and the only complaint we could think of is the very loud frog that would decide to sing on occasion at night. But that is the price you pay by staying in the jungle!
The restaurant is one of the best we've been to and we do consider ourselves 'foodies'. One of our favortie things to do is going out to eat. We didn't have high expectations for Costa Rica, but the food at Florblanca rivaled some of the finest restaurants we have been to all over the world.
We have travelled quite a bit and this was one of our favorite trips to date.
I could go on and on because we loved it so much, but I will just say you need to experience it for yourself! You will not be disappointed.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2010

I had the pleasure of staying at Florblanca while I was working in Santa Teresa. In fact, our entire group stayed there and we could not have had a better time. The Villas were amazing. Each one was tucked away and surrounded by jungle foliage. We caught glimpses of the occassional monkeys and large iguanas. We even had the pleasure of staying in the new Beach House that is so close to the ocean the sound of the waves keep you up at night. I can't decide what features of the rooms I liked better- the extra large hammocks or the rainfall showers. Whatever time I did not spend in the Villa, I spent by the magestic pool or at the restaurant. Spencer, the head chef, made the most amazing meals for myself and the rest of my collegues for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. And the bar always stayed open late for us if we worked later that evening. All of the concierges were very accomidating to all of my requests. They were very knowledgeable about nearby restaurants, ATV rentals, surf lessons, hikes, etc. The entire staff at Florblanca were the most friendly people I have ever worked with. My only regret was not having enough time in my trip to enjoy the newly built spa. I would have loved to partake in a dip in the jacuzzi or a nice massage at the end of my working days. I guess that is just another reason to come back. I don't think we could have picked a better hotel in Costa Rica than Florblanca to spend our work/ vacation. I hope to revisit, next time just for vacation, not for work. Thanks again Cody!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
West Hollywood, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2010

We returned to beautiful Santa Teresa with friends and again had the most heavenly down-to-earth 5 star experience at the FlorBlanca . The Villas are Magic , the food is amazing and the staff is awesome! Rain, sun , horse back riding . Thumbs up from us !

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends
Newport Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2010

My wife and I went to Florblanca in Mid-May. We stayed in the honeymoon suite and enjoyed the privacy. The food and drinks were excellent. My wife had a massage that was very good and I enjoyed taking an ATV to the small beach towns and surf spots. I would recommend this place and when we return to Mal Pais/Santa Teresa, we'll stay there again.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
brooklyn, ny
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2010

I spent a week at Florblanca on a family vacation and absolutely loved it. The resort is peaceful, intimate and beautiful, and though we happened to be there during an unexpected invasion of one of MTVs most uninspired reality shows, we still enjoyed our stay tremendously. And despite this overwhelming onslaught from Hollywood (which is not a frequent occurrence at Florblanca), the staff remained incredibly poised and accommodating and went above and beyond to ensure that their original guests (us and a few others) were comfortable, relaxed and well attended.

The restaurant and bar are not only beautifully crafted overlooking the surf and jungle, but the drinks (mojitos) and food (fresh fish!) were unbeatable. Florblanca's open-air architecture added an extra element of tranquility and the resort managed to be luxurious without being flashy, extravagant or over the top. Their attention and commitment to sustainable tourism was evident and appreciated, thus proving that more responsible tourism can be achieved without sacrificing quality or comfort.

Overall, I would highly recommend Florblanca for those who are looking to indulge a little in their vacation, meet some wonderful people and experience subtle luxury at its best. Also, try the horseback riding.

• Stayed May 2010
Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2010

Our trip to Florblanca included myself, husband and 4 adult children (extended family). It was a spectacular vacation, with great location, great food and great service. We felt like we were part of the Florblanca family while we were there. The entire staff were very attentive (maybe it helped that we were there in "shoulder season" and not high-season) and we did not lack for anything. We took the charter plane from San Jose to Tambor and then the jeep-ride (resort van) from Tabor to Santa Teresa. It can be a bumpy dusty drive but we were prepared for worse (and we did not think it was so bad). If you want a 5-star resort experience with excellent food, excellent accommodations and excellent service I highly recommend it. It is NOT an inexpensive vacation but I always judge the value for my money and overall it was fantastic. May is a great time to visit if you get in before the many days of rainy season. We had a few afternoon thunderstorms with torrential rain (which we really enjoyed!) but we just hung out at the bar and enjoyed the view!! We did the zipline tour (phenomenal--and I am afraid of heights but made up my mind to do it!), trip to Montezuma, waterfall horseback riding, nature tour, ATV touring--it was all terrific (Adrien, our guide was TERRIFIC!) This was one of the most relaxing vacations I have had in years....we had a few busy days and a few "hang out at the resort" days. We are not surfers but enjoyed watching the surfers and also enjoyed chasing the waves (5 minute walk south of the resort). Rip tide can be strong, especially with storms offshore. We only had one sunset worth pictures but it was beautiful. We all loved our week at Florblanca and would all go back in a minute!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family

Been to Florblanca Resort? Share your experiences!