“Tranquility” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Florblanca Resort

Save Saved
You added Florblanca Resort to your Saves list
Florblanca Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   4 KM North of Franks Place | Cobano, Santa Teresa 1315361, Costa Rica   |
Special Offer
Summertime Specials
Ranked #13 of 25 hotels in Santa Teresa
San Jose, Costa Rica
“Tranquility”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

I feel you've come to a special place when your experiences and memories of a vacation are not limited to the beach (beautiful in Santa Teresa's case), mountain, or other destination you chose, or how many cool pics you took, or how much you partied (or not!), but also include the place you actually stayed in. I recently spent 3 nights at Florblanca and it certainly is one of those places. I never felt so connected with nature while being in a hotel; the way the villas are so open to the outdoors, you can't help but relax with the ocean air coming in and the sounds of the surrounding vegetation; everything in the villa was absolutely spotless while still providing a sense of warmth and welcome. The pool area had plenty of areas to sunbathe but also plenty with shade. The restaurant was a delight; I managed to try several dishes for all 3 meals of the day and everything was delicious, and the prices were definitely reasonable. There are a lot of other dining options in Santa Teresa, some cheaper, some more expensive, but for the quality I was getting at Nectar restaurant, I did not feel the need to venture out, and the service was outstanding. Overall, a place I will definitely visit again and recommend to anyone!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

198 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013 via mobile

This resort is a little out the way down a dusty, rocky road. When we first arrived we were a little surprised at how outdoors most of the room was however after a couple of days we relaxed into the pace of the place and the staff went out their way to make us feel at home. There is only one restaurant on the resort but the hotel will arrange cars to other places although most tend to be surfer bars and restaurants and you often think why did I pay so much money a night when they have the same lifestyle for under $100

• Stayed September 2013
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

I tried to reach Florblanca, by telephone. I left voicemails with my email and phone number, and nobody responded.

Three days later I sent in an email. We went back and forth for four days straight. Out of frustration, I made a few phone calls, to no avail. I emailed asking about reported construction at Florblanca. I stated that I accepted their offer, and wanted to book the room, so as long as there wasn't any construction noise... 8 days later, no response. I sent the same email again. And finally they responded. I call in to verify everything, and they tell me the room has been booked. They offered to help me find another resort in that general area, but why would I want that!? We were only going to that area for their resort.

It took 15 days to do what should have been done in 1. Lots of time waisted, and now I have to call around trying to book a stay last minute.

Their horribly slow customer service really made the start, to what should have been a relaxing vacation, stressful and frustrating.. They have a great website though!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
FlorblancaManager, General Manager at Florblanca Resort, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Dear Traveller,

We are very sorry you did not receive the necessary attention to confirm your reservation in time. Offering top notch customer service is of the upmost importance to us at Florblanca, and we strive to make our guests experiences perfect from the time they inquiry. I apologize you didn't have this experience. And, because of that, I offered my personal help to you to try and find another hotel or destination in Costa Rica that would please you and your wife.

As I explained to you on the phone, and in a few emails, no reservation is confirmed until a deposit has been put down. This is a very busy time of year for Florblanca, and we do fill up quickly. Regarding the issue with the phone, I regret that you could not get through.

I hope your Costa Rica trip turns out to be a great one, and I am sure it will be. It is a magnificent country full of natural beauty and the best people. Let me know if I can be of any help at all, and it will be my pleasure. Below is my email.

Cody Dillon
cody@florblanca.com
Duxbury, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

This property offers the open-air/natural/laid back feel that travelers are expecting in Costa Rica, combined with relaxed luxury and pampering by the staff. Excellent service from check-in to departure. A great setting on a fabulous beach. Delicious food. Wonderful bar. Many local activities (hiking, zip-lining, surfing, etc) are available and are easy to book through Florblanca. I will definitely return and would recommend this place to anyone looking for a great experience in Costa Rica.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
FlorblancaManager, General Manager at Florblanca Resort, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Dear Traveler,

We are delighted to hear Florblanca exceeded your expectations. That is our goal with every guest who visits us. Making the entire experience from reservation to check in to departure smooth is important to us and we are so happy you had this experience. We do understand that travel logistics can be complicated. And, you are correct that Santa Teresa beach is truly fabulous, and one of the best parts of staying here.

Thanks so much for recommending us to your friends, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Gracias and Pura Vida,

Cody Dillon
Memphis, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

My fiancé and I have stayed at Florblanca last year and because of the great staff, beautiful villas, and romantic settings. Florblanca is nestled on a private beach with beautiful surroundings. The staff at florblanca is amazing they take time to find out exactly what you want and need from them and they make it happen. Veronica the Reservations Manager made sure our stay was a memorable one and Fernando the bartender is the best!!! The Villas are amazingly beautiful and spacious and quiet. This was our second trip to florblanca and my boyfriend popped the question over the weekend and we are planning to have our wedding there next year. Florblanca has turned into "our" spot and we can't imagine vacationing anywhere else!!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

We just returned from an incredibly vacation with our two children, ages 12 and 14, at Florblanca. The hotel - more like a boutique resort - is beautifully situated on the beach, off the main dirt road, about 2 km south of Playa Hermosa. We stayed in a 2 bedroom villa,which was set in the jungle trees with partial views of the ocean and plenty of sights and sounds of howler monkeys every morning. The huge vase of tropical fresh flowers in the living room space made us smile every morning. Both bedrooms are air conditioned which is a huge plus since it is very warm there. Now to the staff: UNBELIEVABLE!!! From the concierge staff to all the Nectar restaurant staff - we felt so fortunate to meet everyone and be taking care of by so many wonderful and professional people. Professional - but warm and fun, giving us all kinds of advice on what to do (or not do do) where to eat, where and when to surf, and how to make great fruit smoothies. They were just terrific. We took a few yoga and pilates classes as well, both of which were fantastic, not to mention the open air setting overlooking the ocean. And yes, I agree with one of the previous reviewers about doing a 6 month training program prior to arrival! The whole town seems to revolve around healthy living in general, and more specifically surfing, yoga and pilates. Everybody is beautiful, but in a very natural way. We would return to Florblanca tomorrow if we could!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Richmond Hill, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

Florblanca resort is one of the most unique resorts I have ever had the fortune to stay at. The property itself is beautiful - lush, quiet, and romantic. It is obvious that management has thought about what guests enjoy and have made those things available to those who come. The villas themselves are amazing. Spacious, clean - one of a kind accommodations. The restaurant for us was great - something on the menu for everyone. There were many things we asked for that were not on the menu and the staff/chef were happy to accommodate us. The food could not have been fresher. Menu choices were healthy and portions were more than sufficient. We loved the staff - especially Oscar - who always had a smile on his face, both of the Fernandos (one of whom could make a killer martini), and Lupe - the beautiful young woman who was like a ray of sunshine. The spa was awesome - great jacuzzi; would highly recommend the couples massage for 2 with champagne! We did not come across any problems with bugs or ants whatsoever - did see what we hoped - many monkeys on the property, iguanas, there was a house cat (or thinks it is) and the occasional visiting dog. The town of Santa Teresa is unique and quirky. If you are there for at least a few days, you will find the neat little spots and meet many great people. Right now, there are not many tourists so it still has that unpolished feel and look....which is hard to find. We would go back in a heartbeat.....as it really did exceed our expectations.

Room Tip: Ask for a layout / map of the resort and choose a room that appeals to you. The resort is not loud...