“Good meal, beautiful spa and nice treatment” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Florblanca Resort

Save Saved
You added Florblanca Resort to your Saves list
Florblanca Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   4 KM North of Franks Place | Cobano, Santa Teresa 1315361, Costa Rica   |
Special Offer
Summertime Specials
Ranked #12 of 25 hotels in Santa Teresa
North Carolina
“Good meal, beautiful spa and nice treatment”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

I didn't stay at Florblanca Resort, but enjoyed a tasty meal there. Also, I have visited many spas around the world and found the one at Florablanca to be one of the prettiest I have seen. I had a facial which was good. I didn't let the technician do the usual routine as I was pregnant at the time, but came out of my treatment relaxed. Also, it rained during my spa treatment and that sounded fantastic on the roof.

Hot tub in the spa area was fantastic. I enjoyed sticking my feet in it as I was not allowed in by doctor's order. Some places they are just luke warm. Florblanca's was hot! The next time I'm in the area, I won't hesitate to visit for another spa treatment.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

204 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

WOW, what an incredible resort. I would recommend this to anyone who appreciates the finer things in life. The staff at Florblanca was friendly and attentive, the rooms were spacious, private and exotic, the beach and location are gorgeous.

For surfers, there are fabulous waves only a 5 minute walk down the beach at Rocamar and Santa Teresa Beachbreak. If you don't surf, you can fill your time with yoga, pilates, running, napping, lounging, swimming, eating, massages, reading or just about anything else you can dream up.

My favorite things: breakfast was included ( a huge bonus after you've been out surfing) and the beds were the most comfy I can ever remember sleeping in.

If you're headed to Costa Rica and can afford Florblanca...go for it!

Room Tip: They're all good! Some are right on the beach and some a 1 minute walk away. I'm a beach gu...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
FlorblancaManager, General Manager at Florblanca Resort, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Dear Traveler,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review. As you said, surfing is a highlight of the Florblanca stay. There are great waves just a few steps from your villa for all levels of surfers. And, all you need is your swimsuit because the water is warm year round. For those who don't surf, we do offer a wide variety of activities including yoga, SUP, hiking, mountain biking and more. For Pilates lovers, we offer Pilates mat classes as well as with machines in a private studio.

If you ask us, NO it doesn't get any better!! Again, we truly appreciate your review.

Pura Vida,
Cody Dillon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

We recently had our wedding at Flor Blanca and everything was perfect! We had very little time to plan and our party was big! Nevertheless Flor Blanca's team made it super easy and stress free ( yes it's possible!). They are very accommodating and the place itself is already heaven!
All the process was very personal and handled with the outmost care and detail.
The staff was super helpful, efficient and hands on! Everything was flawless, from reservations to the service on the night of the event!
The food was IMPRESSIVE! specially since it was a buffet for 90 guests!! All of our friends and family were more than impressed with the quality and variety ( I'm vegeterian - my husband meat lover!!).
We had some weather stress sin we married at the end of May, but fortunately the staff managed to work around it and the wedding continued in great harmony :)
We had the dream wedding and the perfect weekend!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

This was the second stop on our trip, having just come from Manuel Antonio. For three nights, we stayed in Villa 1 with an amazing view of the ocean. It was so relaxing to hang out on the patio's hammock and listen to the birds, howler monkeys, and ocean. We liked walking down the beach, coming back to relax on the beach chairs and taking a dip in the pool. Everything was well-kept, especially the rooms. Both of us enjoyed the restaurant for all meals, but we also hired rides into town for a couple dinners. In our opinion, the stay was a bit overpriced for what you get, but we enjoyed the exclusive feel of the hotel - not crowded, always peaceful. I would definitely go back in rainy season, since the weather during the day was perfect with showers at night to 'green' everything up.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Greensboro, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I spent 5 nights at FlorBlanca and had a GREAT TIME!! The staff was awesome, the resort was spectacular, and the honeymoon villa was perfect (15 yr anniversary)
Overall - great staff !!, Paradise in a remote location, great surfing, awesome bar, spa is great, and the villas are very private!!
Enjoy the Howler Monkeys !!

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
FlorblancaManager, General Manager at Florblanca Resort, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Dear Traveller,

Congratulations on your 15 year anniversary. Villa 11 is the prefect place to share that special occasion. It is a very private villa nestled in the jungle looking out to the blue ocean. It is great to know you enjoyed the spa, the bar and restaurant and the howler monkeys too. We love the howler monkeys.

Wishing you and your partner another 15 happy and healthy years. Thank you for staying with us and for writing your great review. Congratulations!
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

My wife and I spent 4 nights here in May 2013 on our honeymoon having already been at the 4 Seasons, Hotel Harmony in Nosara and then afterwards Tabacon in Arenal. Arrival was good, drinks and cool towels etc but somehow seemed less attentive than anywhere else we checked in, not sure if their guy was ultra mellow or just not too interested but just how we took it and felt a little disapointed.

Room: We had villa 8; it's very hard to fault in fairness. Amazing inside/outside lounge with excellent hammock, the outside bathroom is a real treat... Showering etc whilst listening and occasionally watching the monkeys is a brilliant experience and really makes you embrace and understand the jungle a bit more. The bedroom is the only air conditioned area which sounds odd but works incredably well, I'd say that it was my favourite accomodation of the trip, combining a luxurious bedroom with a more authentic beach/jungle lodge was really perfect.

Food & Drink: As a couple we're a bit split on this; my wife thinks excellent and I'm plumping for very good for the money but somehow expected a little bit more for all the pitching of a 5 star/luxury resort etc; maybe best desrcibed as luxururious simplicity, basic foods done really well. That said the tenderloin definately goes into my top 5 steaks ever, the sashimi was cracking, the pork great and the breakfast burrito sorts you out after a surf.

Pool: Excellent pool, top smaller one which has an infinity into the bottom one, being a small resort never gets over crowded. Only downside I saw here was people over keen to reserve the best loungers, i.e. towells down in the morning then no-one there till the afternoon, come on people, we're not in Germany! There are also loungers on the beach, perfect little spot on the beach, much quieter, good breeze etc; only call out here is that it would be nice to have a water cooler at the pool side and at the beach, simple but effective. Also a drinks service for both area's would be nice as well, as in other resorts. Whilst the guys were happy to bring drinks to you it would be better if every now and then they did a lap and just asked people if they were ok food and drink wise.

Surf: Maybe I'd built it up in my head but somehow had the impression Florblanca was "on the surf" - it's not. You can walk about 10 minutes round the beach to the first break but the main bars and where the swell is bigger (at least on my stay which saw 2 different swells) at the far end of the beach which is definately not a walk you want to do before a surf and probably couldn't do afterwards - i'd guess it's only a k or 2 but on soft sand you'll soon feel that twice a day each way.

Overall: Having written this review I remember all the good big & little bits about the place, all the things I've said above plus the lack of bugs due to the drier and natural climate, the excellent cocktails (pineapple caipirinha = new favourite!) but somehow still left feeling like something was missing... somehow I never felt like I was fully welcome in the resort or made to feel at home - unsure why, maybe we never got over the intial welcome. Bottom line is this is a wonderful resort, personal view is it's marginally overpriced on the accomodation front but the food and drinks are keenly priced and of very good quality, the bar staff are pleasant and prompt and the spa staff excellent and some of the most friendly in the resort.

Room Tip: They all look amazing but make sure you get an outside bathroom
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Aspen, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

My stay at Florblanca was phenomenal from start to finish. We were welcomed with smiles and cool towels at the front gate. We were then quickly escorted to the Surf House. The resort blends in perfectly with the landscape and offers incredible views of the beach. The Surf House offered an authentic beach living experience with an unparalleled view, howler monkeys calling from the trees and iguanas roaming around the property. The staff couldn't have been more welcoming and helpful throughout our stay. The food was great and the drinks were delightfully refreshing. I would highly recommend treating yourself to a massage at Spa Bambu. Bliss.

When my trip home hit a snag and I wasn't able to fly on the date I had intended, I decided to extend my trip by five days and fly back down to Florblanca. I was welcomed back with open arms by everyone at the resort. I made the best of the situation and stayed in the luxurious Villa 1 this time. The open air living room and bathroom and chilled bedroom struck the perfect balance. My "second vacation", as I've come to refer to it, could have been an absolute nightmare but ended up being one of my best trips to date. I'll definitely be returning to Florblanca! Pura vida.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Traveller,

Thank you for choosing Florblanca for your beach get away. You stayed in two of our very favorite villas....The Surf House and Villa 1. As you said, the Surf House does offer authentic beach living and the view doesn't get any better. Villa 1 is my favorite for ultimate luxury and gazing out to the Pacific. The monkeys and iguanas are all over our property, and glad to know you got to enjoy their presence.

The best part of your review is that you got to enjoy a second vacation. Wonderful! We were so happy you came back and made the very best of what could have been a travel nightmare. Hope to see you again soon in the near future. Sending you lots of Pura Vida from Florblanca. Thank You.

Been to Florblanca Resort? Share your experiences!