“Dream Wedding!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Florblanca Resort

Save Saved
You added Florblanca Resort to your Saves list
Florblanca Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   4 KM North of Franks Place | Cobano, Santa Teresa 1315361, Costa Rica   |
Ranked #12 of 25 Hotels in Santa Teresa
“Dream Wedding!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

We recently had our wedding at Flor Blanca and everything was perfect! We had very little time to plan and our party was big! Nevertheless Flor Blanca's team made it super easy and stress free ( yes it's possible!). They are very accommodating and the place itself is already heaven!
All the process was very personal and handled with the outmost care and detail.
The staff was super helpful, efficient and hands on! Everything was flawless, from reservations to the service on the night of the event!
The food was IMPRESSIVE! specially since it was a buffet for 90 guests!! All of our friends and family were more than impressed with the quality and variety ( I'm vegeterian - my husband meat lover!!).
We had some weather stress sin we married at the end of May, but fortunately the staff managed to work around it and the wedding continued in great harmony :)
We had the dream wedding and the perfect weekend!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

This was the second stop on our trip, having just come from Manuel Antonio. For three nights, we stayed in Villa 1 with an amazing view of the ocean. It was so relaxing to hang out on the patio's hammock and listen to the birds, howler monkeys, and ocean. We liked walking down the beach, coming back to relax on the beach chairs and taking a dip in the pool. Everything was well-kept, especially the rooms. Both of us enjoyed the restaurant for all meals, but we also hired rides into town for a couple dinners. In our opinion, the stay was a bit overpriced for what you get, but we enjoyed the exclusive feel of the hotel - not crowded, always peaceful. I would definitely go back in rainy season, since the weather during the day was perfect with showers at night to 'green' everything up.

Greensboro, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I spent 5 nights at FlorBlanca and had a GREAT TIME!! The staff was awesome, the resort was spectacular, and the honeymoon villa was perfect (15 yr anniversary)
Overall - great staff !!, Paradise in a remote location, great surfing, awesome bar, spa is great, and the villas are very private!!
Enjoy the Howler Monkeys !!

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
FlorblancaManager, General Manager at Florblanca Resort, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Dear Traveller,

Congratulations on your 15 year anniversary. Villa 11 is the prefect place to share that special occasion. It is a very private villa nestled in the jungle looking out to the blue ocean. It is great to know you enjoyed the spa, the bar and restaurant and the howler monkeys too. We love the howler monkeys.

Wishing you and your partner another 15 happy and healthy years. Thank you for staying with us and for writing your great review. Congratulations!
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

My wife and I spent 4 nights here in May 2013 on our honeymoon having already been at the 4 Seasons, Hotel Harmony in Nosara and then afterwards Tabacon in Arenal. Arrival was good, drinks and cool towels etc but somehow seemed less attentive than anywhere else we checked in, not sure if their guy was ultra mellow or just not too interested but just how we took it and felt a little disapointed.

Room: We had villa 8; it's very hard to fault in fairness. Amazing inside/outside lounge with excellent hammock, the outside bathroom is a real treat... Showering etc whilst listening and occasionally watching the monkeys is a brilliant experience and really makes you embrace and understand the jungle a bit more. The bedroom is the only air conditioned area which sounds odd but works incredably well, I'd say that it was my favourite accomodation of the trip, combining a luxurious bedroom with a more authentic beach/jungle lodge was really perfect.

Food & Drink: As a couple we're a bit split on this; my wife thinks excellent and I'm plumping for very good for the money but somehow expected a little bit more for all the pitching of a 5 star/luxury resort etc; maybe best desrcibed as luxururious simplicity, basic foods done really well. That said the tenderloin definately goes into my top 5 steaks ever, the sashimi was cracking, the pork great and the breakfast burrito sorts you out after a surf.

Pool: Excellent pool, top smaller one which has an infinity into the bottom one, being a small resort never gets over crowded. Only downside I saw here was people over keen to reserve the best loungers, i.e. towells down in the morning then no-one there till the afternoon, come on people, we're not in Germany! There are also loungers on the beach, perfect little spot on the beach, much quieter, good breeze etc; only call out here is that it would be nice to have a water cooler at the pool side and at the beach, simple but effective. Also a drinks service for both area's would be nice as well, as in other resorts. Whilst the guys were happy to bring drinks to you it would be better if every now and then they did a lap and just asked people if they were ok food and drink wise.

Surf: Maybe I'd built it up in my head but somehow had the impression Florblanca was "on the surf" - it's not. You can walk about 10 minutes round the beach to the first break but the main bars and where the swell is bigger (at least on my stay which saw 2 different swells) at the far end of the beach which is definately not a walk you want to do before a surf and probably couldn't do afterwards - i'd guess it's only a k or 2 but on soft sand you'll soon feel that twice a day each way.

Overall: Having written this review I remember all the good big & little bits about the place, all the things I've said above plus the lack of bugs due to the drier and natural climate, the excellent cocktails (pineapple caipirinha = new favourite!) but somehow still left feeling like something was missing... somehow I never felt like I was fully welcome in the resort or made to feel at home - unsure why, maybe we never got over the intial welcome. Bottom line is this is a wonderful resort, personal view is it's marginally overpriced on the accomodation front but the food and drinks are keenly priced and of very good quality, the bar staff are pleasant and prompt and the spa staff excellent and some of the most friendly in the resort.

Room Tip: They all look amazing but make sure you get an outside bathroom
Aspen, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

My stay at Florblanca was phenomenal from start to finish. We were welcomed with smiles and cool towels at the front gate. We were then quickly escorted to the Surf House. The resort blends in perfectly with the landscape and offers incredible views of the beach. The Surf House offered an authentic beach living experience with an unparalleled view, howler monkeys calling from the trees and iguanas roaming around the property. The staff couldn't have been more welcoming and helpful throughout our stay. The food was great and the drinks were delightfully refreshing. I would highly recommend treating yourself to a massage at Spa Bambu. Bliss.

When my trip home hit a snag and I wasn't able to fly on the date I had intended, I decided to extend my trip by five days and fly back down to Florblanca. I was welcomed back with open arms by everyone at the resort. I made the best of the situation and stayed in the luxurious Villa 1 this time. The open air living room and bathroom and chilled bedroom struck the perfect balance. My "second vacation", as I've come to refer to it, could have been an absolute nightmare but ended up being one of my best trips to date. I'll definitely be returning to Florblanca! Pura vida.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Traveller,

Thank you for choosing Florblanca for your beach get away. You stayed in two of our very favorite villas....The Surf House and Villa 1. As you said, the Surf House does offer authentic beach living and the view doesn't get any better. Villa 1 is my favorite for ultimate luxury and gazing out to the Pacific. The monkeys and iguanas are all over our property, and glad to know you got to enjoy their presence.

The best part of your review is that you got to enjoy a second vacation. Wonderful! We were so happy you came back and made the very best of what could have been a travel nightmare. Hope to see you again soon in the near future. Sending you lots of Pura Vida from Florblanca. Thank You.
Wilson, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

My wife and I found Florblanca via an internet search and immediately became impressed with the website. It prompted us to book the trip and upon arrival we were blown away with the level of service and beauty of the boutique resort. They picked us up at the airport in Tambor and we rode in a nice vehicle with A/C and cold beverages to the hotel. Once there we were greeted with smiling faces and given a tour of the property. After the tour, we headed straight to Spa Bambou for the best couples massage we have experienced. That was followed with a private jacuzzi in the spa with a fresh tray of fruits and champagne! We stayed in Villa 11 which was very spacious and complete with a kitchenette, dining and living area and a 1/2 bath downstairs. Upstairs there is a wonderful bedroom with A/C that has a private covered balcony and outdoor porch. The bathroom upstairs was massive with walk in closet, his and her sinks, jacuzzi and huge shower. The rooms are open air with the exception of the bedroom but there is something rejuvenating about showering in the fresh air. Nectar, the hotel restaurant, boasts a mouth watering menu along with a professional yet fun staff. Especially you Oscar, stay away from the bulls!!!! The homade ice cream sandwhich may be the best thing a fork has ever seen. Great recommendation Oscar! We stayed for a week and enjoyed several day tours offered through the hotel. From zip lining through the jungle canopy to surfing and paddle boarding the conceirge service was so helpful in making recommendations that exceeded our expectations. The pool is nestled under a beautiful assortment of trees that provide a great source of shade from the mid day heat. However there are plenty of areas available for you to soak up some rays. The sunsets are a can't miss opportunity for any photographer or just a perfect way to end a day. The beach in front of Florblanca faces in a westerly direction providing incredible views of the sun setting out over the Pacific. I could go on and on, the botton line is that you need to experience it first hand. Costa Ricians, atleast those in Santa Teresa, are happy and appreciative of tourist visitng their commuinty. We found that many can speak English and they were helpful in teaching key words in their native tongue as well. Go check it out! You can thank me later.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

I travel constantly and have come to expect a lot from hotels, but Florblanca surpassed all expectations and set a new bar. It's truly magical.
The resort is beautiful, tucked away in a jungle enclave right on the beach, with some of the best sunsets I've ever seen.
I loved the design of the villas, with most of the space (living room & bathroom) open air yet still allowing total privacy, and a bedroom that can be closed off to allow for AC at night (trust me, you'll appreciate it in CR!). Lying in the hammock on my villa's terrace listening to the howler monkeys was absolute heaven.
The staff are incredible - from the bar/ restaurant team, to the spa, the pilates, yoga and surf instructors, even the housekeeping! Everyone goes above & beyond to ensure everything is perfect. I was at Florblanca with a team for a photo shoot and I know we threw a lot of bizarre requests at the concierge and management, but everything was taken care of with a big smile. Cody (the gorgeous GM) and her team made everything feel easy.
I really enjoyed the food, it's super fresh with lots of great, healthy options - though the chocolate cookies and chocolate volcano are far too tempting! My top tip, if you like spicy food, is to be sure to ask for Billy's hot sauce. If you visit Florblanca, also try to go to Kojis, a great Japanese restaurant down the road.
After my work, I managed to have a few days holiday, during which I got to take advantage of the blissful spa at Florblanca. The only word for the coconut scrub and massage is "wow"!
I'm British, so it's not in my nature to be gushy, but Florblanca is so fantastic, it would be impossible to be anything but..
Can't wait to return!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Traveller,

Hosting W Magazine was one of the highlights to our year so far. We have always enjoyed hosting on location photo shoots, TV/Film crews, and others looking for the perfect set. The entire crew of W was such a joy to host, and the 8-10 spread in this months W Magazine is stunning. Model Joan Smalls makes our beach look beyond beautiful! I am very happy to know you feel we delivered on every request you had and helped make your shoot a true success. And, even happier to know that you got to enjoy a bit of rest and relaxation during a very busy week.

Thanks to everyone at W for choosing Florblanca for the "Survival of the Chicest" photo shoot. W Magazine June/July 2013. We hope to see each of you at Florblanca in the future for vacation...no work!

Pura Vida.

Been to Florblanca Resort? Share your experiences!