We had an absolutely perfect honeymoon at Florblanca. I really can't recommend this place enough.
Accommodations: We initially stayed in Villa 7, which was wonderful. The villas are unique, with most of the living space outside (including the bathroom) except for an inside bedroom w/ AC. There is plenty of privacy (including the outdoor shower), but this makes for some interesting encounters with local wildlife. We could see howler monkeys sleeping in the trees above us, there were iguanas just over our deck and we shared the place with a few crabs. Despite all this, it is an extremely clean and relaxing stay. We were also upgraded to the Honeymoon House because we were there on our honeymoon and because of a slight mix-up with the booking. The Honeymoon House is incredible. Its a two story villa with views of the ocean, its own kitchen and two bathrooms. It was like staying in our a beautiful vacation home by the sea.
Food: The Nectar restaurant on the property is great. Great fish dishes and some local flavors. Ask them to set up a table on the beach for you if you want something special (it was also my birthday one of the evenings). There are plenty of other places in the area worth trying - especially Koji (sushi is as good as in new york or tokyo) and Brisas del Mar (incredible views and not expensive).
Activities: This area is known for its surfing; we had a lesson from a guy named Eric that picked up at the hotel and took us to Playa Bonita (we also got lots of recommendations on other local things to do). We took a day trip on a boat to Isla Tortuga, where we explored beaches, caught deep sea fish and went scuba diving (I'd highly recommend this excursion, which the hotel arranges). The most fun thing we did all week was to rent an ATV and drive a few hours up the beach towards Playa Coyote (it was exciting and a bit difficult!). The spa at the hotel is amazing; try the couples massage with a jacuzzi soak afterwards.
Staff: The staff is amazing at Florblanca. They really are what make the place special. Each and every person we interacted with was so pleasant to be around, engaging, and fun. We had such a wonderful time getting to know them -- the bar staff, concierge, reservations, etc. A special thanks to Patricia the reservations manager for helping us have a wonderful stay.
Five star honeymoon. You must try this place!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our accommodations offer complete privacy and luxury surrounded by beautiful gardens and views of the Pacific Ocean. All villas are only steps away from the surf, open -air dining, our new Spa Bambu, fitness center, a yoga and Pilates studio, and other amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Florblanca Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Florblanca Hotel Santa Teresa
- Florblanca Resort Santa Teresa
- Florblanca Resort Costa Rica/Santa Teresa