“you must try the Hot Tropics body scrub w/massage!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Florblanca Resort

Save Saved
You added Florblanca Resort to your Saves list
Florblanca Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   4 KM North of Franks Place | Cobano, Santa Teresa 1315361, Costa Rica   |
Special Offer
Summertime Specials
Ranked #12 of 25 hotels in Santa Teresa
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“you must try the Hot Tropics body scrub w/massage!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

wow! I had the Hot Tropics body scrub and it was so incredible! It was not only relaxing, but had so many natural ingredients in the treatment. My whole experience at Spa Bambu was wonderful. Very professional staff and luxury spot. The hot tub and the surroundings with trees made it picture perfect. Thank you Florblanca!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo

210 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Bellevue, Washington, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

Our stay at Florblanca surpassed our expectations. The villas are spacious, comfortable and chic. The open air concept of the living and bathroom spaces allows you to feel surrounded by the natural beauty of the landscape. The arrangement of the villas provides privacy and creates the feeling of your own oasis. The grounds are beautifully landscaped and maintained. The bedrooms are enclosed and air conditioned with very sumptuous and comfortable canopy beds. The overall setting of Florblanca is magical. Note: The grounds are full of wildlife, including monkeys and iguanas. We loved all the wildlife, but would recommend earplugs because they can make quite a racket at night.

While the physical setting of Florblanca is wonderful, what truly sets it apart from other hotels is the quality of the service. The entire staff at Florblanca is very friendly and responsive. They love Santa Teresa and want to make sure that the guests do too. The concierge staff was very knowledgable and did a great job helping us select and coordinate activities. All of the guides were professional and provided us with memorable experiences. The food at Nectar was
consistently fabulous. The dinner menu changes every couple of days, so it does not get old.

Florblanca's beach is beautiful, but not a good swimming beach due to the rocks and current. However, a short walk to the right or left of the hotel leads to beautiful beaches that offer surfing and swimming. The upside is that the beach directly in front of the hotel is peaceful and unpopulated.

Florblanca is one of the nicest hotels in Santa Teresa and it is also one of the most expensive. However, the service and accommodations are worth the expense. It is a truly magical place.

Room Tip: Villas 1 and 2 direct ocean views. The other villas offer ocean views filtered by landscaping.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

Flor blanca is stunning, no question about it. The grounds are perfectly manicured with exotic flowers everywhere. The villas are very large, chic and have everything you could ever want and more. Yoga classes with Steffano: he has become a legend to anyone who has ever done yoga and visited mal pais or santa teresa, people come from all over just for his class. The food was okay, i expected allot more from it, the selection was limited to only 5 or so per menu and being a picky eater i was only able to find one thing on the breakfast menu (eggs Benedict which is amazing), nothing on the lunch menu, stay far from the tacos they are soggy and less than desirable, dinner was Alright, We much preferred other restaurants in town such as Breezes, Marys and Amichi.

Room Tip: I'm sure there all great.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
FlorblancaManager, General Manager at Florblanca Resort, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Dear Traveller,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us, and for taking the time to write your review. We agree that Florblanca is stunning. The setting is one of a kind with plentiful tropical flowers and an abundance of natural beauty everywhere. This is part of what makes Florblanca so special. You are right about yoga, Stefano is a legend. He is the best of the best, and people do travel here year after year just to practice with him. For those yogis looking to be challenged, he will do just that. And for the beginners, Stefano will have you hooked on your daily practice. We do offer a limited menu at night due to being a small restaurant, but just recently began creating some delicious lunch and dinner specials such as grilled lobsters, additional healthy salads with fresh fish, and more. We will be looking to better our fish tacos. Thanks for the honest feedback.

We wish you a great year, and hope to have you back someday soon. Again, thank you for staying with us. Pura Vida.
Greenville, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

WOW! What an incredible place! Florablanca is truly amazing! My husband and I spent a week there on our honeymoon in December 2012. We had an absolute blast and it was pure paradise. The staff was unbelievably nice and accommodating in every way. I cant say enough good things about this resort. We loved the people,atmosphere,food, and everything else about the resort so much that we never once left the resort during our week stay at the resort. We had planned to go to other restaurants but the food was so delicious at Nectar that we didn't want to go anywhere else. The Surfers burrito and the Electric Lemonade are absolutely incredible. The Sushi too!! Thanks to everyone at Florablanca for one of the very best weeks of my life! WIsh we were still there.... no doubt we will be back! If anyone is trying to decide whether or not to go to Florablanca, DO IT!!! you'll never look back and you will have many wonderful memories that will last a lifetime! Anne Carter and Mike MacNabb

New York, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

I can't not say enough about my stay at Florblanca. Everything from the staff, food, location, comfort, service and even other guests were amazing. My boyfriend and I have traveled a lot and have been to many different hotels but this far exceeded any other place we have been to. Florblanca offers you everything you need to never leave. I can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: You won't go wrong with any room. Each villa has it's own perfect location and all are tuck...
Dover, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

The food was incredible and fresh. We loved all the innovative cocktails as well. The staff so friendly and cool. Best massage we have ever had at the spa. We loved the loved the relaxed luxe vibe....location was amazing, but swimming is treacherous right in front of the hotel during high tide. We love Santa Teresa as a surf town, great restaurants everywhere. Would definitely go back, even though it is expensive....

Room Tip: They are all amazing...The surf house is cheaper, and the bathroom and decor reflects that, but the...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Santa Monica, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

I am a wildlife enthusiast, if not a wildlife nut! For someone who has no pets, I seem to spend most of my vacations viewing wildlife from the mountain gorillas in Rwanda & Uganda to the sharks of Cuba and Tikehau. The howler monkeys, who like to fill the trees of Florblanca, were the most spectacular part of the resort for me. I could watch them for hours and may return just to see them. However, the staff, food, property, spa and overall pura vida aire of Florblanca beckons me as well. We saw no reason to eat anywhere else than Florblanca as the food is some of the best and they always have a savory cocktail of the day. My husband and I loved the local surfing & riding ATV's together. We had a wonderful guide who took us to the waterfall and to Montezuma. I wish I had more time to spend a day on some of the secluded beaches. I have a special connection with the area as I spent the summer of 1986! with a program called Amigos de las Americas in nearby Cobano. The manager of Florblanca knew one of the host families and I was able to stop by their home on my way to the airport to drop off a gift. I had not returned since 1986 and while the area is a bit more developed, it has been well preserved! While we were pretty active, I wish I had not been so lazy and participated in more of the amazing yoga in the studio with the open view to the water with their very talented instructor. I can still hear the crash of the surf! I tried to go bird watching three different mornings, but was rained out. Another reason to return! I must see the birds! The rain passes quickly when it comes, but makes the birds hide. We had a wonderful bungalow with a direct ocean view. My only bit of feedback is to recommend the hotel pick up the garbage on the beach to the west side which rolls in with the surf. The place is too beautiful for anyone to see garbage. The staff could not have been more helpful. When I landed in Miami, I realized I had screwed up my connection to the one flight of the day to Tambor. I called Florblanca and the amazing Cindy quickly arranged for a puddle jumper flight to take me over, as simple as calling a cab. Our return flight from San Jose to LAX was cancelled and again we had to call the puddle jumper. Both the planes were really nice. Next time, I want to look into flying into Liberia airport. Flying through Miami makes the travel time long from LA. The staff makes you feel at home here. There is a reason Costa Ricans are noted as some of the happiest people in the world. You will feel pure pura vida at Florblanca!

Room Tip: Look on the map of the rooms provided on website!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Florblanca Resort? Share your experiences!