“Paradise!! Can't wait to go back!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Florblanca Resort

Save Saved
You added Florblanca Resort to your Saves list
Florblanca Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   4 KM North of Franks Place | Cobano, Santa Teresa 1315361, Costa Rica   |
Offers & Announcements
Summertime Specials
Ranked #11 of 25 hotels in Santa Teresa
Greenville, South Carolina
“Paradise!! Can't wait to go back!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

WOW! What an incredible place! Florablanca is truly amazing! My husband and I spent a week there on our honeymoon in December 2012. We had an absolute blast and it was pure paradise. The staff was unbelievably nice and accommodating in every way. I cant say enough good things about this resort. We loved the people,atmosphere,food, and everything else about the resort so much that we never once left the resort during our week stay at the resort. We had planned to go to other restaurants but the food was so delicious at Nectar that we didn't want to go anywhere else. The Surfers burrito and the Electric Lemonade are absolutely incredible. The Sushi too!! Thanks to everyone at Florablanca for one of the very best weeks of my life! WIsh we were still there.... no doubt we will be back! If anyone is trying to decide whether or not to go to Florablanca, DO IT!!! you'll never look back and you will have many wonderful memories that will last a lifetime! Anne Carter and Mike MacNabb

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

205 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
New York, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

I can't not say enough about my stay at Florblanca. Everything from the staff, food, location, comfort, service and even other guests were amazing. My boyfriend and I have traveled a lot and have been to many different hotels but this far exceeded any other place we have been to. Florblanca offers you everything you need to never leave. I can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: You won't go wrong with any room. Each villa has it's own perfect location and all are tuck...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dover, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

The food was incredible and fresh. We loved all the innovative cocktails as well. The staff so friendly and cool. Best massage we have ever had at the spa. We loved the loved the relaxed luxe vibe....location was amazing, but swimming is treacherous right in front of the hotel during high tide. We love Santa Teresa as a surf town, great restaurants everywhere. Would definitely go back, even though it is expensive....

Room Tip: They are all amazing...The surf house is cheaper, and the bathroom and decor reflects that, but the...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Santa Monica, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

I am a wildlife enthusiast, if not a wildlife nut! For someone who has no pets, I seem to spend most of my vacations viewing wildlife from the mountain gorillas in Rwanda & Uganda to the sharks of Cuba and Tikehau. The howler monkeys, who like to fill the trees of Florblanca, were the most spectacular part of the resort for me. I could watch them for hours and may return just to see them. However, the staff, food, property, spa and overall pura vida aire of Florblanca beckons me as well. We saw no reason to eat anywhere else than Florblanca as the food is some of the best and they always have a savory cocktail of the day. My husband and I loved the local surfing & riding ATV's together. We had a wonderful guide who took us to the waterfall and to Montezuma. I wish I had more time to spend a day on some of the secluded beaches. I have a special connection with the area as I spent the summer of 1986! with a program called Amigos de las Americas in nearby Cobano. The manager of Florblanca knew one of the host families and I was able to stop by their home on my way to the airport to drop off a gift. I had not returned since 1986 and while the area is a bit more developed, it has been well preserved! While we were pretty active, I wish I had not been so lazy and participated in more of the amazing yoga in the studio with the open view to the water with their very talented instructor. I can still hear the crash of the surf! I tried to go bird watching three different mornings, but was rained out. Another reason to return! I must see the birds! The rain passes quickly when it comes, but makes the birds hide. We had a wonderful bungalow with a direct ocean view. My only bit of feedback is to recommend the hotel pick up the garbage on the beach to the west side which rolls in with the surf. The place is too beautiful for anyone to see garbage. The staff could not have been more helpful. When I landed in Miami, I realized I had screwed up my connection to the one flight of the day to Tambor. I called Florblanca and the amazing Cindy quickly arranged for a puddle jumper flight to take me over, as simple as calling a cab. Our return flight from San Jose to LAX was cancelled and again we had to call the puddle jumper. Both the planes were really nice. Next time, I want to look into flying into Liberia airport. Flying through Miami makes the travel time long from LA. The staff makes you feel at home here. There is a reason Costa Ricans are noted as some of the happiest people in the world. You will feel pure pura vida at Florblanca!

Room Tip: Look on the map of the rooms provided on website!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Zürich, Zurich, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

My husband and me have been in this amazing hotel for our weeding. We have been travelling a lot in Costa Rica but this hotel is the nicest place we have ever been!!!!. The beach is just beautiful, the food was allways delicious and our villa was so incredible, whit an open bathroom, extra bedroom and livingroom whit a hammock. Its so quiet and we could relaxed very well and we loved the nature, we felt like being in the jungle. The staf is so extremly helpful and friendly. Our weeding day was just perfect and we are so so very happy that we could spend our nicest day of our life in Florblanca!!! We are just dreaming for coming back to this amazing place!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
FlorblancaManager, Manager at Florblanca Resort, responded to this review, December 16, 2012
Thank you so much for your wonderful review. We know there are lots of choices when deciding where you would get married, and we are so happy we got to be a part of it and offer you the perfect spot for celebrating your love. It was our joy to host your elegant beachside wedding, and make your special day one to remember always. You are correct that Florblanca is like living in the jungle, and we are delighted you enjoyed that part of your stay. We wish you a life time of love and happiness. Please come back to see us soon. Pura Vida.
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

I went to Florblanca on the recombination of a trusted friend. I did zero research before heading down there. I could not have been more pleased. This was my 3rd time in Costa Rica and Florblanca was by far the nicest place I have stayed at. The beds were comfortable and the open air rooms were amazing! It's the only place I've seen that is able to give you the open air experience and still include AC in the bedrooms. The staff was extremely courteous and accommodating. I have a gluten allergy, which is always a challenge for me while traveling in Central and South America- not at Florblanca. There were plenty of options on the menu and everything was delicious, and the staff all new about my allergy and steered me clear of gluten. The chef was happy to accommodate personalized orders. If you are looking for a break from the rat race, you won't need to leave the property. If you are like me and can't sit still, I recommend the following activities:

1. Horseback riding at Nat's farm - incredibly beautiful cattle ranch on the beach with plenty of monkeys and beautiful wildlife. Casey was our guide and new an incredible amount about the farm and the wildlife.

2. Hiking the waterfalls at Montezuma - it's an easy hike to the first fall, but if you are up for a short and challenging hike, head to the top and reward your self with a spectacular view, warm water and a fun jump from the top. Carlos was our adopted guide. I don't know how to find him, but if you end up with Carlos, you'l be in good hands.

3. Surf- great surfing is a 2 minute walk down the beach and Florblanca supplies the boards at no extra charge.

4. Yoga- the yoga was challenging and refreshing.

5. Spa- I hear the best part about the Florblanca is the spa, although in full disclosure, I did not use any of the spa services.

6. Food - the restaurant next door at Milarepa was delicious!

Room Tip: Villa 2 was extremely quiet, but I would guess that all the rooms are equally quiet.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your wonderful review, and we are delighted that Florblanca exceeded your expectations based on your friends recommendation. It was our pleasure to make sure that our restaurant, Nectar, had many gluten free options for you to eat. After all, eating is one of the best parts to a great vacation! Horseback riding on the local farm and hiking the waterfall in Montezuma are two of our favorite jungle excursions as they both give you a real glimpse into the local life here. We hope you will come visit us again soon. Until then, all the best from all of us at Florblanca. Pura Vida.
Encinitas, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

Our family is quite busy and I always look forward to our summer vacation. We were in Costa Rica for two weeks and stayed in some very nice places "Grano de Oro" in San Jose & the "lost Iguana" in Mt. Arenal. And while I highly recommend those places and they are very nice hotels....this is above and beyond.

I'm from southern california and lived in the bay area for five years, so I have been to beautiful beaches. But this setting for a hotel was among the most dramatic and breathtaking I've ever seen. We were the only people on this huge, crescent shape beach and the hotel is discretely tucked in amid the palms.

Although it is right on the beach, there is security and I found this out when the strong waves appeared to be pulling me out and two big men emerged....but I made it out without embarrassing myself. So they are there, despite the rather open feel from the beach side.

We were driven all around Costa Rica because driving would have been a nightmare and we visited various areas. Mal Pais was our favorite. We stayed at a surf camp a little down the road and then were picked up in a black Suburban with drinks and beer in a little cooler. The young man driving was very polite and nice and I want to say that his english wasn't that great. No worries though, I spoke my Spanish and my family loved him. On time, helpful and the transition from arriving to check-in to getting the bags in the "room" was seamless.

We were greeted with watermellon juice (?) or something like that. I thought that was a nice touch and it was good. The resort is rather small, with 17 or so "villas" interspersed throughout the stunning property. Ours consisted of a living and dining room that opened onto a beautiful patio with a hammock. Everything is very indoor-outdoor and the main living areas DO NOT have AC, but you don't need it. The bedrooms, however, do have AC and my brother & I shared a room and were fine at night.

The beds are fantastic....I want one! The "villa" is beautiful and unique....and I love the outdoor shower! It's very private and yet the room service will be there in an instant and it's just a short walk to the amazing pools (one flows into the other) that are pretty big....and the beach of course!

The food is fantastic as well. Everything is fresh and healthy, which is nice....and the fish eaten was caught that day and it sure tasted that way. I can't say enough about the restaurant....sometimes, you get tired of hotel food....but not here! We didn't leave for one meal.

There was no need to! What sets this hotel apart is the service. Even if all 17 (or so) villas were taken up, it would still be very intimate and special. When we were there, in August, there were only two other groups there.

I wouldn't really recommend this hotel for those traveling with small kids...it just seems that this is a place where couples come for romantic getaways. My brother and I were older (17 & 22), so it was fine and we're not that wild. I also think that the guests appreciate the peace and quiet.

It is also not exactly easy to get to. We got there via our van because we were seeing the different places along the way, but the roads were far from well kept and it just took a while. So keep that in mind.

It also might be worth the time and hassle to get a private charter to fly you out of the local "airport", which is an experience by itself. It's a little one runway strip in a lush valley....pretty cool if you ask me! And an hour later, you're in San Jose.

I'm sure they can arrange all that for you and recommend the best people because this resort is the BEST!

It was so sad when we had to leave, but we vowed to come back! It's out of the way and not very big, but that's what makes it special. The setting is breathtaking: right ON a stunningly beautiful beach.

We traveled during August, which is the low season and the "rainy" one, but it didn't rain that much. Only short bursts and we did plenty of outdoor things.....which is the last thing I'll mention:

However adventure minded you are....they'll set you up. Whether you are just going to sit by the pool and read, they'll tend to you there. Or if you want to go surfing or ATV riding or whatever....they can do it.

They can pretty much do it all and it's this "can do" attitude which makes this place a hidden gem.

A true five star experience.

And if the manager reads this review, please thank not only your excellent staff at the restaurant/pool/entry but also housekeeping. They did a great job and went truly above and beyond. They should be commended....I was amazed at how great all of your team was.

I'd say it's mainly for families with older, responsible (read: not loud and no backflips into the pool) kids, couples and I'm sure weddings would be breathtaking here.

Room Tip: Just call and ask....they're more than happy to help with anything.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Florblanca Resort? Share your experiences!