I went to Florblanca on the recombination of a trusted friend. I did zero research before heading down there. I could not have been more pleased. This was my 3rd time in Costa Rica and Florblanca was by far the nicest place I have stayed at. The beds were comfortable and the open air rooms were amazing! It's the only place I've seen that is able to give you the open air experience and still include AC in the bedrooms. The staff was extremely courteous and accommodating. I have a gluten allergy, which is always a challenge for me while traveling in Central and South America- not at Florblanca. There were plenty of options on the menu and everything was delicious, and the staff all new about my allergy and steered me clear of gluten. The chef was happy to accommodate personalized orders. If you are looking for a break from the rat race, you won't need to leave the property. If you are like me and can't sit still, I recommend the following activities:
1. Horseback riding at Nat's farm - incredibly beautiful cattle ranch on the beach with plenty of monkeys and beautiful wildlife. Casey was our guide and new an incredible amount about the farm and the wildlife.
2. Hiking the waterfalls at Montezuma - it's an easy hike to the first fall, but if you are up for a short and challenging hike, head to the top and reward your self with a spectacular view, warm water and a fun jump from the top. Carlos was our adopted guide. I don't know how to find him, but if you end up with Carlos, you'l be in good hands.
3. Surf- great surfing is a 2 minute walk down the beach and Florblanca supplies the boards at no extra charge.
4. Yoga- the yoga was challenging and refreshing.
5. Spa- I hear the best part about the Florblanca is the spa, although in full disclosure, I did not use any of the spa services.
6. Food - the restaurant next door at Milarepa was delicious!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our accommodations offer complete privacy and luxury surrounded by beautiful gardens and views of the Pacific Ocean. All villas are only steps away from the surf, open -air dining, our new Spa Bambu, fitness center, a yoga and Pilates studio, and other amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Despegar.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Florblanca Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Florblanca Hotel Santa Teresa
- Florblanca Resort Santa Teresa
- Florblanca Resort Costa Rica/Santa Teresa