“Great little luxury resort” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Florblanca Resort

You added Florblanca Resort to your Saves list
Florblanca Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   4 KM North of Franks Place | Cobano, Santa Teresa 1315361, Costa Rica   |
Ranked #13 of 25 Hotels in Santa Teresa
Ad Dawha, Ad Dawhah, Qatar
“Great little luxury resort”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

What a great little boutique resort. My girlfriend and I stayed for 3 nights and we were definitely not disappointed. Now, when they tell you this is the most expensive resort in the area - they weren't kidding. It was still a great stay. The hotel grounds were amazing. The pool and beach area are very nice. Plus, they have surfboards and boogie boards for you to use for free. I have to warn you to not swim just outside the resort as it's a great BEACH - but the water is very rocky. You just have to walk down, around the corner to a good swim area. I wasn't a huge fan of the "open-air" style of the rooms, but at the same time, it was like no place I've ever stayed in before. The bedrooms are closed off and air-conditioned so don't worry about that, though. It's definitely a place I would recommend more for couples than families, but it's a great place to stay regardless of who you're with.
Even if you don't stay at the resort, I still recommend going to their restaurant and spa. I loved all the food in the restaurant (especially after a week of eating Beans and Rice). I definitely recommend the Banana Bread French Toast for breakfast - Delicious! The spa was also amazing - we had a couples massage that just had us melting into the tables.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Austin, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

I spent 6 days with family at Florblanca for my wedding recently. It was like a dream, I could not have asked for a more welcome, comfortable, relaxing, exotic, beautiful place. I brought the entire family to celebrate our wedding ceremony and everyone had a true vacation. We were treated like family and long time friends from the moment we arrived. The staff is incredibly sweet and very helpful. They always have smiles and willing to go above and beyond. Cody Dillon, the manager, is a magical creature who made every single moment perfect. She is extremely helpful, kind, generous and very good at her job. It was more like a good friend organizing the wedding, dinners, flowers, any and everything. I can't thank them all enough. The entire family felt like they were well taken care of and my husband and I felt like we were dreaming. Everything is so luxurious yet rustic and feels like home. All the villas are beautiful personal homes with hammocks, A/C bedrooms and indoor/outdoor bathrooms that I want at my house! You feel like you are living in the rain forest and deep breaths come at every inhale. The beds are more comfortable that ANY bed I have slept in! Every night we went back and found our bedroom was set up with lit candles, bed covers pulled down, shades drawn and could feel the love left from staff. The property is breathtaking and the food/drinks are amazing! I miss Billy's cooking! We followed up this stay with a popular 5 star big hot spring hotel in Arenal...and the minute we were greeted, we wanted to go back to Florblanca. It did not compare one bit. We felt like just another number and were left to fend for ourselves. The staff, the food and the rooms didn't compare to Florblanca at all. I highly recommend Florblanca for ANY occasion. You will relax, rejuvenate, fall back in love, heal, reflect, and be ready for whatever life brings you as you go back to your "real life".

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
FlorblancaManager, Manager at Florblanca Resort, responded to this review, December 16, 2012
Dear Valerie and Cass,
Congratulations on your marriage! It was so wonderful to meet you, host your wedding, and spend a week with your closest friends and family. What a fun and loving group you all were. Our entire staff enjoyed every minute of your week long celebration and we cannot wait to have you back. At Florblanca, we love hosting weddings, and guests like you make it so special. Thank you for letting us be a part of your wedding. We will forever remember it. We expect you back soon for an anniversary celebration! The entire staff sends their love. Pura Vida.
saint louis
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

We stayed at Florblanca three nights with our teenage children and I would highly recommend the hotel for active families. We stayed in our own spacious room with a separate living room and porch (bedroom has A/C that is loud but works very well). The room was well decorated, the outer shower/bath was very comfortable and the outside sitting area was a perfect spot to watch the howler monkeys in the morning. The kids stayed in the more rustic surf house on the water and they loved it. The food was very good and the restaurant did an excellent job of preparing fish my husband caught that day. I had a great massage and the spa was very nice-- nicer than you would expect for this remote location. The surf is high and not for young children but there is more quiet surf 15 minutes by car from the hotel. The bike ride into town is a bit bumpy but a nice way to see the area. The town is a rustic surf town full of hostels and small restaurants. We had two meals in town and they were both very good.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

Florblanca is by far one of the most elegant hotels. The service is impeccable, the location is perfect,the food is great and the beach is beautiful.
The rooms are incredible with rustic outdoor bathrooms, luxury designer furniture and linens in the bedroom and livingroom.
The grounds perfectly manicured and the pool pristine. The spa is gorgeous and the treatments worth every penny.
We wanted to see Arenal for our last two days so the concierge (who are incredible!) arranged our entire trip from private air transfer,taxi and hotel accommodations. When we arrived in Arenal, it was SWARMING with tourists,and pouring rain! Horrible! I called Florblanca, knowing that they were fully booked as it was two days before new years, begging for them to get us back to Santa Teresa.
In the meantime I called every hotel and vacation rental service and there was absolutely nothing available. The manager of Florblanca called my cell phone with news of our itinerary back to Florblanca and they offered to put us in the owners suite since there were no rooms available.
We arrived back to privacy and luxury on the beach at Florblanca and cried when we had to go back to new york

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

Absolutely loved our time celebrating our anniversary at Florblanca. I think we experienced every part of this property and it definitely exceeded my expectations. We stayed in the surf house and my only disappointment was the bathroom. It is definitely more rustic but the bedrooms were beautiful and not open air for those worried about bugs, etc. It was so peaceful to have a large amount of space around and in front of the house not to mention the sound of crashing waves! We had monkeys in the trees behind us daily and two lizards that seem to hang out around the house. The staff really makes your stay special. From Cindy's warm welcome and help with activities to Eric's ATV tour and surfing lessons not to mention the beautiful beach dinner in front of the surf house complete with our favorite waiter, Fernando! All of our excursions were private which was so nice. My husband's fishing excursion supplied our special beach dinner and Pablo is very knowledgeable about the area. We stayed the last week of May and it only rained one night. The property was very quiet while we were there and that suited us perfectly. We walked into town one night and rented an ATV our last day. it is easiest to eat meals there but for those who don't mind a walk, there are a couple more options. Nectar has great food and drinks (electric lemonade and salsa brava were favorites), we just chose not to blow our budget eating gourmet every meal. Florblanca was truly a treasured time for us.

Room Tip: We loved the seclusion of the surf house with the views of the ocean.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Puerto Vallarta, Jalisco, Mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

Hard to get to but worth it. Nice staff, great food, rough surf.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Park City Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

This was our second trip to Florblanca. We usually go somewhere tropical in the spring when we can, St John's, Kauaii, Costa Rica. Since we stumbled upon Florblanca several years ago, I don't think we'll go anywhere else. We just love this place. We spent a week there this trip and again, for a couple days, we were the only people at the resort (same thing last trip). They upgraded us to the honeymoon suite (actually a house) to our surprise and elation. The staff is wonderful and we wanted for nothing except to stay longer. We ate almost all our meals at Nectar's and though the prices are higher than other places in Santa Teresa, It's a lot less than eating out in Park City, very convenient, the food was great and menu changed frequently. The staff set us up on the pool cabana for dinner on our last night, another pleasant surprise. I can't say enough good things about this place, basically, paradise in the ocean front jungle. Made some good friends, ate good food, drank lots of Mojito's, surfed, biked, paddleboarded, walks on the beach, cruising on the ATV, sunsets, afternoon thunderstorms...pure and utter bliss. Thanks to everyone at Floblanca! -Tom and Maria

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Florblanca Resort? Share your experiences!