“Awesome instruction!” 5 of 5 stars

+506 8878 0880
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: Del surf school is located on beautiful Playa Santa Teresa, on the pacific side of Costa Rica. We host daily surf lessons for all levels from Beginners through Intermediate. Surf lessons are scheduled according to ocean conditions and tide charts, we set the lessons at the best time during the day, this way we can promise optimal conditions, safety and fun. All surf lessons are group classes with a good ratio of 1 surf instructor per 2.5 Surfers participants. All crew members include Amit Londner, owner and founder, are qualified, certified, lifeguard and first-aid trained and certified, all are profesional well experienced with teaching surfing and very friendly. Beginners surf lesson will set on "white water", a safe zone where the water height get to the surfers chest height maximum so that the surfer will have full control on his body. These white water provide a mellow and gentle waves, yet strong enough to take the beginner on a smooth raid all the way to the shore. Intermediate surf lessons, when conditions allow us we would love to take those surfers how wishes to improve their surfing and move on the next level in surfing.
Northern California
“Awesome instruction!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

We just returned from a stay in Santa Teresa. Our goal was to spend some time surfing and we are so glad that we decided to take lessons from Del Soul Surf School. Amit came to our hotel to talk with us before hand and was super-professional and encouraging. We had taken some lessons before so weren't starting from scratch but he was very serious about making sure that our fundamentals were down pat, which I really appreciate.
My husband, myself, and our two teenage sons took lessons for two days. Amit helped my husband and I and Tule was with the boys. He was awesome at helping them move along and by the end of the two days they had improved tremendously. Their stances were strong and confident and we appreciated how he worked with them. He's awesome.
I had had a bad accident a couple of years ago and was a little apprehensive. Amit and Mirav were very concientious about making sure I was okay and Amit gave me great insight on how to accomodate for that.
It was a great experience and we would most definately go back to Del Soul on our next trip to Santa Teresa. We just wish we were still there!

Visited April 2013

Charlottesville, Virginia
“Guaranteed Surfing Fun!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

Picture the absolute glee on a child's face when she's running through a sprinkler on a hot summer day. Got it? OK, that's the look on my face when I learned to surf with Del Soul Surf School. My partner and I decided to learn to surf for our 50th birthdays. We had zero surfing experience, and thanks to the wonderful people at Del Soul, we were standing on boards riding waves within the first hour. Amit (the owner), his family, and his staff are talented teachers as well as warm and wonderful hosts. They made learning fun and successful, knew just when to challenge us, shared safety tips, and cheered us on until our faces hurt from smiling. We took 5 lessons over our 9 day visit, and progressed a lot. Amit helped us try different boards and advised us about when to surf in between lessons, always with our fun and safety at the center of his thinking. We're already planning our next trip back, and we're looking forward to surfing with Amit and his pals again. I can't imagine a better surf school experience than learning with Del Soul!

Visited February 2013
Vermont
3 attraction reviews
“THE BEST !!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

Three years ago I had my first surf lesson with Amit. I had first tried lessons with someone else and though I am sure the other teacher was a great surfer, I wasn't getting it until I met Amit. Amit is a great surfer. But more than that, he is a great teacher. He loves surfing and believes in his heart that everyone should and can surf. His passion is contagious and he throws in little nuggets of life truths as you learn what he has learned over the years from surfing. I've been back to Santa Teresa twice since that first lesson and plan to return every year. I will always rent my boards from Delsoul Surf School and get my lessons from Amit. He has taken this 50 year old from surfing the breakwater to riding the waves. Thank you Amit! Love you and your family.

London, United Kingdom
“Cheers Roy and Amit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Great surf session, advice, board hire but most importantly they helped me catch the wave of my life and made me feel confident and safe out the back.

Oak Park, Illinois
“Best Surf Instruction We've Had!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

We have had other surf lessons in Hawaii, but Del Soul Surf School was by far the best. First, Amit, Roy and Mirav are some of the kindest people you will ever meet. They make you feel comfortable immediately, and are incredibly great with kids (ours are 16 and 13). What is different about their lessons is that Amit and Roy really stress safety, which is pretty important. All of us got up immediately on the boards. We rented board later in the week, and when Amit saw us, he came by to give us some free pointers. It's hard to describe, but these folks were one of the highlights of our trip. They embody "Pura Vida." Their prices are fair, they really care about you, and they will get you up on your board!