“Awesome place to learn” 5 of 5 stars

+506 8878 0880
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: Del surf school is located on beautiful Playa Santa Teresa, on the pacific side of Costa Rica. We host daily surf lessons for all levels from Beginners through Intermediate. Surf lessons are scheduled according to ocean conditions and tide charts, we set the lessons at the best time during the day, this way we can promise optimal conditions, safety and fun. All surf lessons are group classes with a good ratio of 1 surf instructor per 2.5 Surfers participants. All crew members include Amit Londner, owner and founder, are qualified, certified, lifeguard and first-aid trained and certified, all are profesional well experienced with teaching surfing and very friendly. Beginners surf lesson will set on "white water", a safe zone where the water height get to the surfers chest height maximum so that the surfer will have full control on his body. These white water provide a mellow and gentle waves, yet strong enough to take the beginner on a smooth raid all the way to the shore. Intermediate surf lessons, when conditions allow us we would love to take those surfers how wishes to improve their surfing and move on the next level in surfing.
Toronto, Canada
3 attraction reviews
“Awesome place to learn”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

My girlfriend and I spent a few days in Santa Teresa and were lucky enough to stay right beside Del Soul. We went out with Amit who was good at pushing you just enough and gave good instruction and tips as the day went on. My girlfriend pulled a muscle early in the day and he was very encouraging to her and helped get her back in the water and surfing again.

We rented boards from them the day after and they were very accomodating and helpful in giving us the right boards. Their costs are more than reasonable and the staff couldn't have been more welcoming. I highly recommend using them!

Visited March 2013

Berlin, Germany
“nice!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

Amit, the surf teacher, his brother Roy (surf teacher as well) and also Amit`s wife and Tule who works at the Shop are absolutely the best crew you could have to take your first steps surfing!
Besides they were really lovely persons, Amit knows how to teach and make yourself feel good on the board (if you do what he tells you ;-) so you can get more confident about yourself and also he embodies the love to nature and the ocean. We really enjoyed it to have our first surf lessons with these great guys!

Toronto, Canada
“This made our trip!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

Our family came to Santa Teresa with the hope that we could make a start at surfing. We arranged our first lesson for day 2 of our trip. I would never have believed that we could make so much progress so quickly. Amit and Roy are absolutely amazing - so much fun but also very skilled instructors in every way. We were taken to a beach that had surf just right for our first lesson, A third instructor was added due to our numbers. It felt like the best combination of group and private lesson. Each of us received individual attention at every step and we were up on the board and surfing within the first half hour. i have never had so much fun. We returned for two further lessons and each lesson progressed our knowledge. if I hadn't been so worn out I would have kept it up all week. It was an absolute pleasure spending time with Amit and Roy and I hope to return soon and continue where i left off.

Toronto
“Something hard became so easy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

I just returned from my trip to Costa Rica with my family, and I have taken straight to my computer to talk about the highlight: surf school with brothers Ameet and Roy.
The way these guys put on a surf class is unrivalled. I've taken many different types of lessons throughout my life, and I can say that these guys are born to be teachers. They reenforce a strong foundation, and do it quickly, so that when you get out, and hit the waves, it is already second nature. I got up on my first wave, and had so much confidence with Del Soul's constant encouragement. I couldn't imagine a better experience, truly, and my entire family felt the same way about these guys. Don't hesitate to give them a call, or drop on by. Their number one priority is that you enjoy yourself.

Visited February 2013
“The best place to learn surfing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

I contacted amit before arriving to santa teresa. Merav (his wife) helped me find a great place to stay at and so my trip started great! I tried surfing a few times before and took a few lessons but i was never able to stand or make any progres. After an hour with amit i was already able to stand and after the second lesson i was even able to catch big waves.. By the end of the week i was feeling very confident and for the first time in my life felt as if i can really surf! I have to thank amit, his explanations were simple and he realy makes surfing easy!! If you want to start surfing- this is the place!