“Paella” 5 of 5 stars
Review of al chile viola

al chile viola
Santa Teresa | 200 mts norte del Supermercado La Hacienda, Santa Teresa 60111, Costa Rica
Improve this listing
Ranked #13 of 61 Restaurants in Santa Teresa
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Al chile viola offers a great collection of incredible italian dishes prepared carefully by our italian chef Emiliano and served by his wife Luz.
Maplewood, NJ
“Paella”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

My wife & I along w/ our fellow travelers were hungry and decided to hit the 1st restaurant in Santa Teresa that was open. We happened upon this unassuming place & decided to give it a try. I ordered for an appetizer "Bull's Balls Ravioli" and a fish dish. My wife had a vegetarian dish & the others had different dishes. All were fabulous. The chef, Emiliano, visited our table and his beautiful wife, Luz, was the wait staff. We are. All foodies and spoke at length with Luz about cuisines. She talked about a special Valencian Paella that included no fish, but rabbit and chicken. Luz said that they would put it on the menu the nextFriday. We came and the wait was worth it. We learned an entire new dish. In addition, their Mojitos (with a splash of ginger) out did any Mojitos we had in Puerto Rico. Best restaurant in Santa Teresa is unquestionably Al Chile Viola!

Miami, Florida, United States
“A great place for date night!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

My wife and I really love this place. She had a cocktail that avocado in it and it was awesome. They have a set menu and great daily specials. I had the cannelloni with spinach and ricotta cheese. It was delicious! Not easy to find ricotta cheese here. My wife had a stuffed tomato and it was bursting with flavor. The prices are very reasonable and the couple that own the place are delightful. We will definitely be going back!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Brooklyn, New York
“Beautiful authentic italian food in idyllic garden”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

Food was brilliant, everything delicious with the tuna tartare and bulls balls ravioli (yes really) the stand out hits. USA prices but the food, service and gorgeous candle lit tropical garden means you won't mind a bit. If this was my local restaurant I would live here.

Staten Island, New York
“Amazing food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

This place was beautiful and the food was out of this world and the price was very rreasonable. Check it out if you ever have the chance!

• Visited August 2012
Seattle
“Great dinner!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

My wife and I both got pasta dishes. Who would of thought that you could get such amazing fresh pasta in a little place like this in Costa Rica. Great drinks also.

• Visited July 2012