“Best 3 Days ( out of 30)” 5 of 5 stars

Principe del Pacifico
150 sur de la Lora Amarilla, Santa Teresa 5361, Costa Rica   |
Ranked #15 of 30 Santa Teresa B&B and Inns
Los Angeles, California
“Best 3 Days ( out of 30)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

Spent a month "all over" Costa Rica and by far "Princepe" was the BEST place I stayed. Traveling with 3 total and the room/ apartment- loft with amazing balcony was perfect. Our host/ owner, Christian was wonderful, helpful and genuine. I will return.. The design is spectacular and the pool is perfect for sun and relaxation. Stay there...seriously!

Room Tip: We stayed in a loft room with small kitchen, huge balcony with 3 separate beds.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

43 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

There is not much to say more then this place made my stay perfect in Costa Rica. The place is really nice, clean and cosy and the staff really made me feel like welcome all the time. Christian and Ros - thank you so much for looking after us!

Room Tip: I love my stay in the green apartment
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Miami Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

I had the best experience in Prinsipe del Pacifo.. After mmoving to 3 different hotels in Santa Teresa this offerd the comfort and style that any other place would have charged double for.
The owner, Christian, was a great host and made the place feel more cozy. Silvio, the parrot, was charming :)

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Rome, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

Hi guys, it was so nice and warm to stay in your beautiful and new hotel...so warm and professional at the same time. everything clean and perfectly arranged. I mean your place is one of the best in the Santa Teresa. You are the best owner, I'd like to come back to you asap. In my opinion the best season to visit CRC is in low season, when prices are cheaper...but concerning your services, I must say that every season, every day, is taken care by you with love, effort and passion. these qualities are important to keep your customers, even if I think, for you, is a natural condition to be good, nice and warmy. Many compliments I'm very satisfied!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Decent looking place but cheap sheets, cheap furnishings and furniture really made it look bad on the inside. Total lack of cooking implements in the apartments and lack of cutlery and even salt and pepper meant that if you wanted to cater for yourself for even a few days, youd have to buy everything. Not worth it. Did not even have curtains near the bed, meaning anyone who looked could just view whatever you are up to.
Whole place was just dissapointing, kids yelling all the time distracted me from my love making.
Way too expensive, even half price would be pushing the $120 for an apartment with no view. Although saying that Santa Teresa on whole is overpriced.

Room Tip: Dont stay here.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

principe_pacifico, Owner at Principe del Pacifico, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
We are very sorry to receive just a bad review from your side and also a bit surprise as we did not received any complaints during the day you have been here.

From our side I can tell you that we put all our effort to ensure comfort and everything we do here is done out of love and passion, therefore we do apologize for you negative stay with us.

Saying this does not mean that we do not feel a bit betrayed by the words you have described our hotel. Fortunately we enjoy a very good reputation in two years of opening and to be honest with you I really feel you have over exaggerated!!! as we do not use cheap sheets!!! our furniture is made with fine wood and in the apartment there are all the furniture to ensure a comfortable stay.
I recall you have been staying in the Red Apartment as for this reason that I have put real photos of the apartment as it is now and as it was the day you have been here. Moreover and undoubtedly IT IS NOT TRUE INDEED that the apartment is totally missing of cooking implements and cutlery!!! About the salt and pepper we do not put any in the apartments but if you needed so you could ask in the bar or reception and, as we always do with our clients, we would have been quite happy to help you with that!!!
Continue with the curtain near the bed and people looking at you we did not put any curtains as we have ordered a film from the company that makes the window to obscure theme but they makes us waiting far too long and a month ago change to another company and we hope the problem will be definitely sorted out in a week!!!. Obviously this is not your problem but just wanted to underline that as this is our second year of opening when we spot a problem we always try our best to resolve it as soon as we can.

Last as I already said and according to all the reviews we had until now I can say that we will keep on making all our efforts to make the place as much comfortable as we can for all the people that would choose us for their holiday in Santa.
Tel Aviv, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

Dear Rosella and Christian. It was great to stay as your guests in Principe del Pacifico. Thanks for the worm hospitality and for being such wonderful people. I miss our lovely dinners and all the laughs we had.
Christian, now I know how to make the best Pizza in the world, and I have it on video :-)
Arrivederci!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Longueuil, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

The Principe Hotel del Pacifico ! What a beautiful discovery ! We stayed there for a week, it was simply perfect ! It was largely due to the owner Christian, a really remarkable person, who made everything to make us feel at home. We had a really unforgettable time ! Santa Teresa is a piece of heaven...

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Principe del Pacifico? Share your experiences!