“Best sushi in town” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
San Jose, Costa Rica
“Best sushi in town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

Everything is fresh and everything is delicious. The place has a very natural design but you're there to eat, nothing else matters. If you're a sushi lover you'll love this place and go back a soon as you can. Guaranteed.

Visited July 2013

93% Recommend
Seattle, Washington
“Fun Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I am not a big sushi person, but my husband was really excited to try this place out so he made reservations. I would definitely recommend reservations, this place was very busy seeing as how it is in a pretty remote location. We had to arrange a taxi from our hotel and it was nighttime, the roads were dark and potholed and then out of nowhere Koji's. I ended up enjoying the sushi, though I do not think I appreciated it like a sushi fan would. If the service was a little faster we would have gotten dessert, but we were a bit crunched for time since we needed to meet our taxi. This place just felt so out of nowhere and the atmosphere was so interesting and different than any place we went to in Costa Rica. I am really glad we ate dinner there.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
New York City, New York
“Good Sushi, but the fried rice was the best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

Our favorite dish here was shrimp fried rice. While the sushi dishes were good, the fried rice took the cake. Perfectly done, flavorful, and just delicious. Pass on the dessert, though, it's just OK. Great atmosphere. Good for families (although we were just a couple).

Visited July 2013
St Augustine, Fl
“Great Sushi........Not "the Best"”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

When we booked our travel to Santa Teresa, of course I turned to TA to do my research. Based on the reviews we were excited about trying Koji. The fish is very fresh and prepared wonderfully. We were dissapointed that the evening we visited there was no tuna, but I would rather have the freshest ingredients, and was impressed that rather than selling a substandard product Koji opted to omit it from the menu board. The service was excellent, a team approach so when we asked about the staffs favorites we got oppinions from everyone. They kept telling us that the grilled Octopus was one of Koji's specialties, and although my wife was hesitant, as some Octopus is very chewy, we decided to try it. It was wonderful, not chewy at all, and very flavorful. I don't think that there is anything on the menu that is not outstanding. I didn't give Koji a 5 rating for two reasons, 1. it is not the best sushi ever as some people indicated, in fact we have a local seafood restaruant, who's sushi chef rivals or exceeds Koji with inventive creations and freshest ingredients, but thats another review. 2. it is expensive, we spent $100 on a few rolls and a couple of drinks each. We had thought that we would have gone there two or three times during our visit, but the price kind of squashed those plans. Cash only, reservations suggested. Be aware that the road to Koji's is very rough durng the green season

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Heredia
“Superb”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

Read, believe and embark on your own traste sensations.
This is the real deal.
The restaurant is basic, bordering on rustic.
The food is prime bordering on evil.
It is outstanding and as my friend put it: everything tastes different. From the freshest fish ever served to the nicest chicken teriyaki.
In an environment that is child adverse, they do a great job of doing it well, no matter what.
Overall, outstanding