“Great Sushi........Not "the Best"” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
St Augustine, Fl
“Great Sushi........Not "the Best"”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

When we booked our travel to Santa Teresa, of course I turned to TA to do my research. Based on the reviews we were excited about trying Koji. The fish is very fresh and prepared wonderfully. We were dissapointed that the evening we visited there was no tuna, but I would rather have the freshest ingredients, and was impressed that rather than selling a substandard product Koji opted to omit it from the menu board. The service was excellent, a team approach so when we asked about the staffs favorites we got oppinions from everyone. They kept telling us that the grilled Octopus was one of Koji's specialties, and although my wife was hesitant, as some Octopus is very chewy, we decided to try it. It was wonderful, not chewy at all, and very flavorful. I don't think that there is anything on the menu that is not outstanding. I didn't give Koji a 5 rating for two reasons, 1. it is not the best sushi ever as some people indicated, in fact we have a local seafood restaruant, who's sushi chef rivals or exceeds Koji with inventive creations and freshest ingredients, but thats another review. 2. it is expensive, we spent $100 on a few rolls and a couple of drinks each. We had thought that we would have gone there two or three times during our visit, but the price kind of squashed those plans. Cash only, reservations suggested. Be aware that the road to Koji's is very rough durng the green season

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

93% Recommend
Heredia
“Superb”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

Read, believe and embark on your own traste sensations.
This is the real deal.
The restaurant is basic, bordering on rustic.
The food is prime bordering on evil.
It is outstanding and as my friend put it: everything tastes different. From the freshest fish ever served to the nicest chicken teriyaki.
In an environment that is child adverse, they do a great job of doing it well, no matter what.
Overall, outstanding

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Great atmosphere, attentive staff, and veggie tempura to die for!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

I've been visiting Santa Theresa for 6 seasons now and this was my first time at Kojis. We sampled 6 different sushi rolls with the veggie tempura, saki and banana dessert. I would have to say all the selections melt in your mouth and you will not be disappointed! Make a reservation if on busier days :)

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Grand Cayman
“Best sushi ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

My boyfriend and I just returned from a trip to Santa Teresa and we chose Koji for our last dinner. This was by far one of my favorite eateries and some of the best and freshest sushi I have ever had. I highly recommend this place for a night out and found the ambiance to make it even better. The prices I found to be pretty standard for a sushi restaurant but you definitely will not be disappointed!

Visited August 2013
boston
“Fantastic Food and Vibe!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

We went to Koji twice while on vacation in Santa Teresa. Its off the beaten path (which is saying a lot in Santa Teresa) very close to Playa Hermosa. Koji opened the restaurant a few years ago and hails from Kobe, Japan. The menu, presented on a blackboard daily, showcases the freshest fish from the area, but also includes terriyaki dishes and a child-friendly staple - kara age (essentially japanese chicken nuggets). The place was packed the two times we went, with lots of regulars and tourists. Its a very fun night out, and you can also order for take out as well.

Visited August 2013