“The Best Retreat!!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Vajra Sol Yoga Adventures offers private individual or group Yoga classes combined with Surf lessons, Stand Up Paddle (SUP) Yoga tours and beachfront yoga retreats in the idyllic beach town of Santa Teresa, Costa Rica. Plus, Yoga in Peru; the Sacred Valley and Machu Picchu. All levels of experience are welcome. Please visit our website for more information.
Coventry, Connecticut, United States
“The Best Retreat!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

This was the third time for my partner and I to visit Costa Rica experiencing the Vajra Sol Yoga Adventures.
Words cannot describe the trip! Each trip I have set a different intention. Pushing myself to try, experience, think, hold on to and laugh at something new.
Having a fear of drowning and not being in control of the waves, I forced myself to perform surfing with the best instructors who are kind, patient and will help you get out of your comfort zone, without you even knowing that’s what they’re doing. This is how comfortable they make you feel. The pictures speak for themselves on the website. PURA VIDA; I rode the waves effortlessly.
The experience of the YOGA classes was precious for me. Again, setting a different intention each class, whether it was to focus on my breath, laugh during class, or be in the moment of nature and flow. I found I was able to find a sense of tranquility and gratitude inside of my soul that I can only give credit to Sandra for opening up.
I can say that choosing this trip will not only push you beyond your own personal element, but it will help you find a better, stronger, new YOU! When you leave, you will wish you stayed. You will try to cook like the chefs at the restaurants. (I’m better off hiring a Costa Rican chef). Your YOGA practice will become different and more meaningful and the soul of the PURA VIDA Costa Rican attitude will follow you.
I give this trip a five star from food, dining, travel, room accommodations and the guidance of Sandra and Monica. Thanks for the great experience and we will see you again!!!!!

Visited February 2013

Edmonton, Canada
“A week to remember”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

I joined Sandra for her yoga and SUP retreat after looking long and hard for a retreat in Central America. Sandra was really helpful in sending information to prepare for the retreat, and even more helpful when I had a last minute scheduling crisis to figure out. Our retreat included 7 women who all traveled solo and we all connected really well with each other. The SUP adventures really were adventures as we were shuttled out of the town (Santa Teresa) to some more remote locations. The instruction from our guides was top notch and our abilities improved over the week. By the end of the week we were having fun trying to catch some waves. Everything about the week was positive and a lot of fun and most of all, very relaxing and worry-free. Thank you so much Sandra!!!

Visited February 2013
Philadelphia, PA
3 attraction reviews
“Pura Vida and Namaste”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

I was looking for a retreat where I could mark a special transition in my life, feel safe traveling alone, and be surrounded by peace and beauty with just the right amount of physical challenge. The reviews here on Trip Advisor settled my decision to go with Sandra and Vajra Sol Yoga Adventures - and I was not lead astray! I'm not exaggerating when I say that my week was one of the most relaxing, invigorating, beautiful experiences of my life.

I opted for pure yoga (though I hear the surfing lessons were awesome too) and the classes were easily modified so any level practitioner could get a great mind/body workout. The yoga studio, an open air shala surrounded by banana trees and looking out towards the ocean, was exquisite.

A few especially pleasant surprises: the setting was more beautiful than I ever imagined. Lots of wood, huge palms and tropical birds, plenty of open windows with bamboo shades, and impeccable housekeeping. I also couldn't believe how quickly I bonded with my fellow travelers. Everyone had an energy of openness and kindness about them that even though I was traveling by myself, I was surrounded by new friends. I was also blown away by the food. I was a little nervous about my celiac issues, but the Pranamar chefs are outstanding. Just outstanding! Not only did I dine on the freshest, healthiest, most nourishing and delicious juices, smoothies, and meals, but I was inspired to try to replicate some of the recipes back home (I’ve failed).

What I really valued the most about the retreat was that we could make our days as chill or as vigorous as we wanted. Nothing was mandatory, there were no militant itineraries we had to follow. Classes and meals were at set times, but if we wanted to stroll on the beach or nap in a hammock instead it was totally fine. The only words of caution I might offer (though please don’t let any of this deter you) is that the resort isn’t very easy to get to. The flight from San Jose to Tambor is not for the faint of heart, and the drive from Tambor to Pranamar is a bumpy one. Bring your sea bands and you should be fine! Also, because of the open-air nature of the resort, be prepared for the occasional bug or lizard to cross your path, maybe while you’re brushing your teeth. It’s all good! Pura vida!

Visited January 2013
Irvine, California
“Absolutely AMAZING!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

My boyfriend and I searched high and low for a yoga retreat that satisfied both of our needs and Vajra Sol's Yoga and Surf Retreat at Pranamar, Costa Rica, was just PERFECT. Before the trip Sandra and her assistant, Maria, promptly and graciously answered our many international calls and e-mails and we felt so assured and at ease that we were able to truly feel excited about the trip. Pranamar is a wonderful establishment and we really enjoyed our two story beach view bungalow with a private outside shower. The food was absolutely delicious (and both my boyfriend and I are picky and have high food standards). The food and daily smoothies were so fresh and yummy we still talk about them and have cravings! Now, the yoga (blissful sigh) was nothing short of perfection. I did the yoga/surf option while my boyfriend did the strictly yoga option. He has been practicing for over 20 years while I have been practicing off and on for 7 years. All the yoga sessions were tailored and appropriate for all levels. Sometimes when establishments say "all levels" that's not always the case, but believe me, it really applied here. We had a woman in our group who had never taken a yoga class in all her 50 years and she thoroughly enjoyed the classes and retreat just as much as we did. Options were always offered. Sandra is one of those people who make others feel comfortable and valued. I cannot say enough about her wonderfully beautiful spirit. A group of 5 retreat-goers decided to do an ATV excursion and invited Sandra. What a fun experience! We loved how she always joined us for dinner and really loved talking to her throughout the day. My boyfriend and I are currently planning our summer and definitely will be going back!

What are you waiting for?! You MUST treat yourself to this!!!

Rochelle

Visited June 2012
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
“Totally worth it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

The yoga and surfing retreat was amazing! The scenery was beautiful, the accommodations were wonderful, the staff was awesome, and the food was out of this world. The surfing and yoga alone were incredible, but the retreat as a whole was a truly amazing life experience. Pretty much everything was taken care of and arranged for me without much effort on my part. It was very easy to relax and enjoy the whole experience. For me this was a great way to have a peaceful and restorative vacation. Definitely worth the cost and the long trip.

Visited January 2013
VajraSolYoga, Owner at Vajra Sol Yoga Adventures, responded to this review, February 16, 2013
We are truly thrilled to know your Yoga & Surf Retreat was a memorable experience. For a first time surfer you took to it like a fish to water. Thanks for sharing your bright spirit with us all! Pura vida - Sandra