“Perfect for a low maintenance getaway.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Villas Solar

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Santa Teresa
Villas Solar
behind Plaza Solar, across from Brunellas, Santa Teresa, Costa Rica   |
Special Price
10% off room rate
New York City, New York
“Perfect for a low maintenance getaway.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2011

I stayed at Villas Solar with my boyfriend for a relaxing, resort-free vacation, but yet the amenities of a true vacation. We didn't want to have to work for anything, but we didn't want to be on a resort with annoying games in the pools, etc. etc. We had an amazing time at Villas Solar. The owner was an amazingly gracious host and easily accessible. He had tons of advice to offer on the area and loads of connections. He even set me up with an amazing massage, where the therapist came to the Villa and gave me a massage in the privacy of the back patio of the Villa. All I could hear were the noises of nature. The Villa was so close to the beach, just a 3 minute walk across the street, so you could go early in the morning before it got too hot to be on the beach. Renting Quads to explore the areas around Santa Teresa would be ideal, because it is kind of hard to walk everywhere, but it IS possible. The caretakers of the home were gracious and stayed out of your way, so you had so much privacy. When we stayed there, we were the only people at Villas Solar. We felt completely safe, and taken care of. The place was immaculate, totally clean and had a really beachy feel to it. It was spacious and cool (the AC ran really well whenever you would want it to). The property was beautifully landscaped in the back with a view of the jungle like you would never see anywhere else.

I would 100% recommend this property to anyone else, knowing that you are not going into a resort. There are tons of restaurants in town nearby and activities to do. We rented quads and took a trip to the waterfall at Montezuma which was easily the best part of the trip. Watching the sunset from the beach with a bottle of wine was also a great part of being so close to the beach.

Between the gorgeous Villas, the gracious owner and caretakers, the amount of security, the close proximity to town and activities, it was the best place I've ever stayed on vacation.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple

42 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
San Jose
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2011

The villas are very nice and comfortable, also have a great location close to the beach and best surf spots.
I definitly recomended!
Pura Vida, Costa Rica!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends
Newport Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2011

"We are a family of four and are well traveled. I read reviews myself and value them when making my travel plans so I hope you will too when reading this. Villa Solar is an extraordinary find. The owner (Greg) has taken great pride in his place. Right across the street from arguably one of the best surfing spots in the world (Brunella) Villa Solar was a really good find for us. His property is new and pristine (very unlike most all the other places we looked at). The grounds butt right up next to a beautiful jungle view while drop dead gorgeous Playa Carmen is right across the street. Yes the air conditioning was wonderful, yes the place was spacious very nicely done, but more than that, it's not just another great rental property. Every single suggestion Greg made was spot on for our family. From perfect surf breaks, to excellent restaurant choices (with views to die for and at a good price), to some of the best fishing I have ever had in my life. My son and I caught 230lbs of Tuna thanks to Greg's contacts with one of the seasoned local fisherman...(steering us away from the rediculous prices trourists get gnabbed for when going sports fishing). Greg was there helping us with any questions we had making our Costa Rica experience a lifetime memory. We give Villa Solar two stongs thumbs way up. Thanks Greg, -The Tamplins"

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family

Been to Villas Solar? Share your experiences!