“Speechless about this place!!” 5 of 5 stars

You added Playa Cielo to your Saves list
Playa Cielo
Main Street, Santa Teresa 5361, Costa Rica   |
Ranked #6 of 25 Hotels in Santa Teresa
“Speechless about this place!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

This hotel is beyond how words can describe it. I was lucky enough to stay in such a beautiful, fun, exotic hotel. The restaurant, Habenero, is the best restaurant in Santa teresa. The room comes equipped with so many things including a mini kitchen!! I enjoyed swimming in the pool, hanging out with my family in the hammocks, and sleeping in the huge comfy bed. The view from every point on the property is breathtaking. And u can't forget mention the shower in the room! The top is open and outdoors so while showering the sun is above u and it is just BEAUTIFUL. Also the beach is right next to the hotel and it is just gorgeous. there was nothing about the hotel I didn't like.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I were married May 3rd right on the beach at Playa Cielo and it was utter perfection! Every staff member from the moment of our arrival to the second we left was attentive, courteous, and anticipated our every need. We now consider each and every one of them family. From Renee who greeted us, to Ettie the manager, Mayli one of our servers, Chef Gary and his talented and hard working kitchen staff, and of course owners Sol and Adele.
We stayed in both the one bedroom and two bedroom casitas and both were immaculately clean and quite beautiful, and extremely comfortable. From fresh fruit being delivered to our porch in the morning to our final cocktail in our personal hammocks at night, it was a slice of relaxing heaven with a beautiful ocean view. We reserved the whole space for our families so we all could be together, but with the privacy of each having our own houses essentially. The grounds are perfectly landscaped but still authentic as you are surrounded by jungle and it's many beautiful creatures. There are gorgeous birds and monkeys to watch and even wild horses that graze. The beautiful pool is clean and great for small children as well as adults, as it has an extended shelf that lends itself for relaxing. The open air restaurant Habanero is right on the beach where you can eat at tables right in the sand or on cushioned seats under a thatched roof. The food is of utmost freshness and absolutely delicious! I have been in the restaurant business in NYC for 15 years so I know great food...and this is great food! From fresh grilled lobsters to grilled whole grouper to pork and fish tacos, guacamole and salsa the ingredients are fresh, local, with authentic flavor. Want to know what's on the menu?..well that depends what is caught that day. How great is that?! Probably the best lobster of my life. The desserts are made in site as well, my personal favorite was the flan.
As far as the wedding, I didn't have to do a thing accept walk down the aisle. Sol and Adele took care of everything and I didn't have to stress like most modern brides. There were candles everywhere and some of the most beautiful flowers I have ever seen being put together by local hands at the start of the morning, and of course all with an epic beach and sunset as a backdrop. The waves are a surfers paradise and there is hardly anyone on the pristine beach. There is only jungle behind you and not a line of cookie cutter resorts. The sunsets are epic. We were married just before sunset by a beautiful spiritual minister named Terry. I walked down an aisle lined of fresh flowers and we danced to a local Costa Rican 8 person reggae band called Talawa. And through it all my new family at Playa Cielo made sure every moment was perfect. It was pure magic. If this review doesn't have you booking your next trip here, perhaps the fact that we booked our next trip there for December before we left will. Pura Vida!!!

• Stayed May 2014
Hamburg, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

We have just returned from our fantastic trip through Costa Rica on which we spent the most fantastic three days in the wonderful Playa Cielo. I have never written any review before but this place is worth starting it although I would rather like to keep this gem as a secret place.
The way we were welcomed by Adele and Sol, the owners was so warm and extra special that we felt like coming home to our dearest friends. The rooms are stylishly and very classically furnished, all in soft white tones, spacious enough to easily stay with two adults and two kids, the bathroom has a an open shower, everything is perfectly clean and from our private terrace we had a wonderful ocean view. The staff is more than friendly, the happiness and fun at their work really grows on you. Then there is the Habanero - their chilled restaurant directly at the stunning beach, the drinks are tasty, the food is delicious and always fresh I cannot recommend just one dish, try them all!
To sum it all up in one sentence: if you are looking for a luxurious, very private, trendy, hip and at the same time very laid back small, distinctive beach hotel: stop looking around and book your stay at Playa Cielo you won't find any better place. Dear Adele, dear Sol: we will definitely come back, thanks for this unforgettable stay!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Oakville, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014 via mobile

My family just stayed at this breathtaking resort with it's own private beach. Our beach bungalow was spacious, clean with a indoor bathroom that had a shower inside that was open ceiling to the sky! It had a huge king size bed with two single beds for our teenage boys and a kitchenette equipped with coffee, fridge, sink,microwave and of course a fresh platter of fruit came every morning to our place . The staff were welcoming and friendly. The restaurant there Habeneros had the best lobster tacos and the fish was fresh and prices were so reasonable . There was a nice pool and playground as well. It was incredibly peaceful and we would sit after dinner in the patio area right at the beach and watch the sunset . My only regret was that we did not stay longer. Paradise is the easiest way to describe this serene and beautifully modern club Cielo. The owners were so incredibly down to earth and made our stay unforgettable . I would love to return there soon!!

• Stayed July 2014
Millburn
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014 via mobile

We couldn't have been happier staying at Playa Ceilo, they only have a handful of private bungalows on a beautifully manicured property. The staff was incredibly nice and friendly and they all felt like family by the time we left. The restaurant is one of the if not the best in town and having the fresh fruit delivered every morning is a nice touch. I will be a returning customer is the best compliment I can give them.

• Stayed July 2014
Newport Beach, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

My wife and I spent an amazing vacation here. The Casitas are very clean contemporary, but not lacking in a very stylish, rustic charm. Sol (the owner) & Eti the manager were more than accommodating. You certainly feel like they car as not request is too all or big. If they can help, they will. The grounds are located steps form the beach and are immaculately kept. We looked at many other hotels in the area, but none were as breath taking. For a couples get away or a family vacation I can't recommend anywhere else as nice .

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Zionsville, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

My husband and I stayed at Playa Cielo for almost 2 weeks in April. We had never been to Costa Rica before and had no expectations . Playa Cielo was a dream come true with the beach steps away, a wonderfully delicious restaurant on site, and the friendly manager Eti that met our every need. We rented an ATV and went everywhere to all the great spots we had reviewed in the area....the zip line in Mal Pais....fishing where we caught 20 ducktooth tuna that is #1 grade sushi and Gary the chef at our restaurant whipped it up for all to enjoy...and a massage on the beach!! My husband awoke every morning and asked me to find something wrong with our surrounding. How could I? With our own clean, cool comfortable casita and fresh fruit brought by every morning plus the owner Sol lending his boogie boards-what could be better!! We looked at all the other places to stay in the area and NONE compared to Playa Cielo. We cannot wait to go back and catch up with all of our new found friends.
We heart Playa Cielo

Room Tip: Ask for El Tucan as it has a great view of the Pacific