It's hard to beat Playa Cielo's location - right on the beach in the heart of Santa Teresa. You're just a short walk to a supermarket and great restaurants. The owner and on-site manager is very friendly, they were always checking up on us to make sure we had everything we needed. They organized our ATV rental ($60/day) which I absolutely recommend. It's the easiest way to get around and allowed us to try different restaurants and even make a road-trip to the Cabo Blanco Nature Reserve.
We stayed in one of the 1-bedroom villas, the one further back so we didn't have the best view unfortunately. The bed is quite comfortable and the outdoor space is great for relaxing at the end of a long day. The outdoor shower is beautiful but the water temperature/pressure is terrible. I never once took a shower where I wasn't playing with the water temperature every minute. There aren't any amenities either - I do expect a little lotion and hand soap when I pay these prices.
The grounds are lush and beautiful, but the pool was dirty our entire stay. We never swam once, which is fine considering we were there for the beach.
All in all, it's a beautiful spot to relax with wonderful hosts. Their restaurant 'Habaneros' is by far the best in the area - we either had lunch, dinner or a late-night drink there every day.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beautiful, luxury beachfront villas each with amazing ocean views. Centrally located to supermarkets and restaurants.Relax by our beachfront pool or lounge in any of the available hammocks by the ocean. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Playa Cielo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Playa Cielo Hotel Santa Teresa
- Playa Cielo Costa Rica/Santa Teresa