“Amazing!!” 5 of 5 stars

Main Street, Santa Teresa 5361, Costa Rica   |
Ranked #6 of 25 Hotels in Santa Teresa
“Amazing!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

Centrally located to supermarkets and restaurants.Relax by beachfront pool or lounge in any of the available hammocks by the ocean.
eautiful, luxury beachfront villas each with amazing ocean views!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed July 2013

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Escazú, San Jose, Costa Rica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

Is this place real!? Its more like a dream!
The combination of my beachfront villa, beachfront restaurant (Habanero), great service, very friendly staff, and listening to the waves breaking right from my room equals BLISS!
A truly beautiful hidden paradise!
I live in Costa Rica and will be coming back here every time I come to playa Santa Teresa....
Thank you to owners Adele and Shlomi for a truly unforgettable experience! I will be back soon!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Redondo Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

Brought my two children to this superb secret spot nestled in the jungle. My daughter, a hard to please tween, said she had one of the best times of her life here. On the way home to California, my 6 year old son said "Mom, can we just pick dad and the dog up and go right back to the resort, FOREVER?" The beauty and tranquility are incredible but the hospitality is #1. Everything from the service to the style was a 10!

Room Tip: They all seemed perfect!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Falls Church, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

This was the second stop for my wife and I on our honeymoon. Despite the rough ride in to Santa Teresa, Playa Cielo made it worthwhile. Our casita was amazing! The windows looked out towards the beach...we could easily leave the doors open and listen to the sound of the waves crashing along the shore. The casita was quite romantic. I was a huge fan of the open air shower, as well as the large patio area with 2 hammocks. The beach directly in front was a little rocky...but you could easily walk for miles in both directions. At times, it was like my wife and I had the beach to ourselves (granted it was the start of the low season, but still). The grounds were well kept. And it was really cool seeing two of the owners (Adele and Ety - sorry if I misspell the names) while we were out and about each day. They always made sure to ask how everything was and if we needed anything. I read about other places in Santa Teresa and guests complained about the difficulty with just being able to talk to someone on staff. That was not the case here! If you are looking for a romantic getaway, I highly recommend staying at Playa Cielo.

The restaurant onsite (Habanero) served some delicious dishes...but I'll be reviewing that separately =)

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Grand Rapids, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for a week in November and had a wonderful and relaxing time. The casitas are beautiful and the one we stayed in (Mariposa) had a great view of the ocean. I loved spending time on the patio relaxing and gazing at the ocean and beautifully landscaped garden. This was our second time in the area and we opted to take the plane ride from San Jose to Tambor rather than the 6 hour drive we took the first time. If it is your first time in the area the car ride lets you see the country side, but we much preferred the quick plane ride. I would definitely recommend taking surfing lessons, renting quads, and going to Montezuma to hike the water fall and do the canopy tour. All of the food in the area is fantastic as well, including the onsite restaurant. I feel this place is a very good value for being right on the ocean. We hope to be back some day!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Waterford, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

We flew to Tambor (close to Santa Teresa) from the Arenal Airstrip after staying at The Four Seasons. It was the perfect end to our vacation! You will not be disappointed if you decide to stay here. We felt so lucky when we arrived at Playa Cielo. The grounds are beautiful, the people are kind, the food is delicious, the ocean is fierce, the beach is soft, the drinks are tasty, the rooms are relaxing, the outdoor shower is fun. Obviously, we enjoyed our stay and were truly able to relax in paradise.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

I can't say enough great things about Playa Cielo, the owners and employees! We stayed for a week in April and enjoyed every minute. The villas are awesome (El Tucan has the best view/location), very comfortable, and we loved having the mini kitchen. We loved relaxing in the hammocks on the porch. The staff (especially Etti - sp?) are amazing! She checked in with us everyday and booked anything we needed and gave advice on restaurants, etc.The owners, Sol and Adele, are SO friendly and kind and were there everyday. They also helped on recommendations. The restaurant, Habaneros, was the best food we had and the location can't be beat. Their food and drinks (margaritas were the best!) were wonderful and so nice to be able to charge to our room. The restaurant employees were great as well!
We had such a great time, we didn't want to leave. Don't think twice, book Playa Cielo!

Room Tip: El Tucan has the best view
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Playa Cielo? Share your experiences!