My husband and I stayed here for a week in November and had a wonderful and relaxing time. The casitas are beautiful and the one we stayed in (Mariposa) had a great view of the ocean. I loved spending time on the patio relaxing and gazing at the ocean and beautifully landscaped garden. This was our second time in the area and we opted to take the plane ride from San Jose to Tambor rather than the 6 hour drive we took the first time. If it is your first time in the area the car ride lets you see the country side, but we much preferred the quick plane ride. I would definitely recommend taking surfing lessons, renting quads, and going to Montezuma to hike the water fall and do the canopy tour. All of the food in the area is fantastic as well, including the onsite restaurant. I feel this place is a very good value for being right on the ocean. We hope to be back some day!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beautiful, luxury beachfront villas each with amazing ocean views. Centrally located to supermarkets and restaurants.Relax by our beachfront pool or lounge in any of the available hammocks by the ocean. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Playa Cielo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Playa Cielo Hotel Santa Teresa
- Playa Cielo Costa Rica/Santa Teresa