We arrived in Santa Teresa at night, cleaned up and headed over to Habanero's (restaurant at Playa Cielo) upon a recommendation. We immediatly fell in love Playa Cielo! Dinner was fantastic (tons of food!) and we ended up stopping by Habanero's the next day for drinks and ceviche while walking the beach around lunch time.
As great as our first hotel was, we wanted to be right on the beach, not across the street, for my girlfriend's birthday. There is just something special about walking out of your door and being on the beach instead gathering all your stuff up and walking it across the street and down a dusty alley to be on the beach. You dont have to worry about your stuff being stolen and you have chairs and drinks and a pool all right at Playa Cielo.
We got lucky and they had one spot open, a 2 bed/ 2 bath villa that Sol and Adelle (owners) were gracious enought to rent to us on short notice. The place was AMAZING!! Super clean, a/c was fantastic, bed felt like heaven, outdoor showers were awesome. We were very happy with our choice to move over to Playa Cielo.
Sol and Adelle gave us free drinks on my girlfriend's birthday and they made ceviche from a fish we caught while on a trip with Alvero's Tours that morning, and we got a couple's massage on the beach, that we both thought was the best massage we've ever had.
Overall, I would HIGHLY recommend Playa Cielo. great price for being on the beach! Take note that other hotels claim to be "on the beach" or "steps away from beach" and are not on the beach at all. Playa Cielo is on the playa, my friends!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Award winning, luxurious private villas, each with an open sky shower, a kitchenette and outdoor sitting area, tucked in a lush tropic garden. Outdoor, beachfront chemical-free swimming pool with lounge chairs and hammocks on the beach, for the utmost relaxing atmosphere and the best sunset view. Restaurant onsite. Centrally located to supermarkets and restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Playa Cielo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Playa Cielo Hotel Santa Teresa
- Playa Cielo Costa Rica/Santa Teresa