I visited Playa Cielo with my boyfriend, sister and her fiance last week. We rented the 2 bedroom bungalow and it was more than spacious for the 4 of us. When researching getaways for our trip to Costa Rica I stumbled upon Playa Cielo through tripadvisor. With little to almost no knowledge of Costa Rica let alone Santa Teresa we took a gamble by choosing Playa Cielo based solely on the reviews and photos, and the gamble payed off. Santa Teresa is a small town and while there are an abundance of rentals, Playa Cielo is located directly on the beach with a pool that allows you to look at the beach from it as well. I must say that the showers were my favorite part however. They are an indoor/outdoor type of shower, meaning they are closed off, but the top is open so it feels like you're in an outdoor shower, but with the privacy of being indoors. The restaurant Habanero is on site and offers some of the most delicious food I've ever had while vacationing, not to mention there amazing frozen margaritas. We were very surprised to find that all the food we had while staying in Santa Teresa was spectacular. The owners Adele and Sol were wonderfully helpful in giving us recommendations of other places to eat, although it was hard to make ourselves leave Habanero. Brisas del Mar and the restaurant next door at Hotel Tropico were also fantastic. I could go on forever about Santa Teresa and Playa Cielo, but most importantly the attention and hospitality we received from Adele and Sol as well as their fabulous waitresses and cooks was above and beyond what we expected. Even though I didn't get her name, the woman who cleaned our bungalow each day and brought us fresh fruit each morning was so wonderful and sweet as well. We had a little bit of trouble one night with a water heater in one of the bedrooms that started to leak. When we told Adele and Sol they gave us free shots and fixed it a timely manner. The only thing to know is that the hotel only takes cash, but there is an ATM right in the center a mere 5-8 minute walk or 2 minute car ride away. When the day comes to return to Santa Teresa I will be staying at Playa Cielo. Thank you Adele & Sol!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beautiful, luxury beachfront villas each with amazing ocean views. Centrally located to supermarkets and restaurants.Relax by our beachfront pool or lounge in any of the available hammocks by the ocean. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Playa Cielo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Playa Cielo Hotel Santa Teresa
- Playa Cielo Costa Rica/Santa Teresa