We (my husband and I and our 22 year old daughter) stayed at Hotel Playa Cielo in June and had a wonderful stay. The grounds and accommodations are absolutely beautiful. It really looks exactly as it is represented on the hotel website's pictures; you won't be disappointed. The owners and staff were lovely and very helpful in making reservations and setting up activities, including surfing lessons, zip lining, massages, and ATVing. The family that owns the hotel is wonderful; they have three friendly dogs that are mainstays on the grounds. Dining is usually a big part of our vacations, we love to try out a bunch of restaurants. However, during our stay at Playa Cielo, we found ourselves always going back to the restaurant on the grounds. It was delicious and convenient. There was plenty on the menu so that you could easily eat there all week without repeating any dishes. The ceviche and guacamole were great, as were the margaritas, and really everything. It is located right on the beach, which was wonderful on both clear and rainy nights - we were there during the rainy season - as it was a great place to watch thunderstorms light up the beach and ocean. The only thing the restaurant does not offer is breakfast, for which you should check out an amazing bakery up the street. The owners are building a fourth house on the grounds, but the construction did not bother us. It is all done during the day, at which time we were either at the pool/beach or out. It definitely seemed like the nicest hotel in one of the best locations in Santa Teresa.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Award winning, luxurious private villas, each with an open sky shower, a kitchenette and outdoor sitting area, tucked in a lush tropic garden. Outdoor, beachfront chemical-free swimming pool with lounge chairs and hammocks on the beach, for the utmost relaxing atmosphere and the best sunset view. Restaurant onsite. Centrally located to supermarkets and restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Playa Cielo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Playa Cielo Hotel Santa Teresa
- Playa Cielo Costa Rica/Santa Teresa