“Spellbinding & Magical” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Playa Cielo

We can't find prices for this hotel
Playa Cielo
Main Street, Santa Teresa 5361, Costa Rica   |
Ranked #6 of 25 hotels in Santa Teresa
Dublin, Ireland
“Spellbinding & Magical”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Playa Cielo is perfect in every way. This boutique paradise is simply magical, the atmosphere, the beach location, the services, the people are all faultless. The staff are all kind and sweet and the owners Adele, Shlomie and girls Gabby and Sivan became such close friends that I teared up when I left.

I could go into fine detail about the amazing massages, all the excursions that they arranged for us, the stunning villas, and the exquisite food in Habanero's beach restaurant, but I can't possibly do it justice. I have travelled all over the world and stayed in many places, but playa cielo is my favourite by far. It casts a spell over you the minute you arrive... Pura Vida....

If you are even thinking about visiting CR, stay here...

Room Tip: All rooms are amazing!!!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends

124 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

My husband and I spent 5 days at Playa Cielo to celebrate our anniversary and it was exactly what we wanted - private, quiet, clean, and relaxing. (with the exception of some construction noise from the new casita going up, but we quickly forgot about it) The casitas are lovely and well-done and the open air shower was a nice addition. We spent many hours relaxing on the porch or in the hammocks after surfing and would wander down to the pool to cool off. The restaurant was fantastic! We ate dinner there every night because we kept trying new things on the menu and loved the atmosphere, not to mention the 30-second walk home. Overall, it was a great experience.
Our only negative was that we were not told in advance that the remainder of our bill had to be paid in cash (Colones or US dollars) Had we known, we would have pulsed out cash in the US. Instead we had to spend a couple of hours messing with ATM cards and calling our bank to increase our withdrawal limit, then pay the transfer and exchange fees. Pretty annoying.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Boulder, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

My wife and I came to stay at Playa Cielo for a week and had a wonderful time. The casitas were very classy with travertine floors and exposed beam ceilings. The roof-less shower was a very nice touch, and the large porch overhangs and hammocks gave us a great place to hangout when we needed a break from the sun or to nap while an afternoon rainstorm passed through. I was truly impressed that they went the extra mile to build the casitas with Eco-consciousness and sustainability in mind. There was also a security guard there at night which made us feel safe.
Adele, Shlomi, Eti and their warm staff took excellent care of us and made us feel like family. The grounds were very well kept and we had a fresh plate of fruit waiting for us every day when we woke up. They arranged several excursions for us with curbside service. The food was delicious and made it easy for us to eat onsite for much of our trip. The Red Snapper was fantastic! They even had great live music one night.
The Saltwater pool was also a nice touch since I don't like overly-chlorinated pools. The slightly-salty water was much nicer on my skin. The beach and the surfing were great as well.
We can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: They gave us a tour and all the rooms are wonderful
Boulder, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2012

I recently went to Playa Cielo with my husband for a vacation before our baby arrives. It was a perfect place to stay. Everything about the resort was beautiful and essentially perfect. The hosts are amazing, the food is delicious, it's set in an incredible spot with the most gorgeous views. The ocean is steps away, the pool is delightful, the accommodations are perfect, its quiet and relaxing, it's walking distance to stores and restaurants if you need to get away. There are plenty of activities near by but mostly it's just delightful to sit in the sun and read a book and eat fresh fruit that they serve you each morning. I'd recommend this place to absolutely anyone!

Room Tip: Ask for one of the houses that face the ocean!
Harrisonburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

We stayed at Playa Cielo on our honeymoon to Santa Teresa. We fell in love as soon as we started our tour. Our casita was clean, open and light with a short distance to the ocean. We would wake up to the sound of waves every morning and also with a plate of fresh fruit waiting for us. The staff is more than helpful and friendly and always willing to strike up a conversation. The restaurant on site was amazing as well. We had fresh caught lobster and red snapper. A lot of food came out with the meal but we managed to finish. There's something about sitting outside at night, eating great food, and listening to the ocean that makes the soul happy. We loved our stay here and would recommend it to anyone looking for a nice, romantic, relaxing stay at the beach.

Room Tip: One closer to the beach....that way you have an awesome view from the moment you wake up.
Greensboro, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012

My husband and I stayed at Playa Cielo for almost a week for our honeymoon. This place is amazing. We loved it and would highly recomend it to anyone planning a trip to Santa Teresa, CR. They arranged to have a car pick us up from Tambor, the driver was the best. He ended up driving us throughout the entire week when needed and if he was not available he arranged for a co-worker to drive us. The owners at Playa Cielo, Adele and Shlomi were always checking on us and making sure we were happy. I am sure if there were any issues they would have been right on it, but there were none! Their concierge, Eti was there everyday, booking trips, messages, a four wheeler, recommending the best places to eat, and also ensuring that every day we were happy. Their ground keeper, Jose was the nicest person and it was comforting knowing he was always there looking out for us. I could go on and on about this place. The restaurant, Habanerno on site was amazing as well, we ate there 3-4 times. The grounds were always beautiful, the pool was always clean, and our villa was beautiful and cleaned every day. Thank you for making our Honeymoon so wonderful!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
alberta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2012

I stayed a week at Playa Cielo and wish it could have been longer. Next time! I want to thank Adele, Sol, Gaby, Sivon and Eti for making me feel like part of their family. The casitas are amazing - so relaxing and peaceful. I loved the open air shower! The setting is right on a beautiful beach. I loved sitting by the pool watching the surf. A highlight is watching the beautiful sunsets while sipping a delicious margarita. The beachfront restaurant, Habaneros, serves delicious food. You really don't even have to leave the property if you don't want to! I have to steal a few words from a previous review - Playa Cielo felt like a beautiful home away from home. Thanks to Antonia for the fresh fruit in the morning. What a great way to start the day. And Jose who works tirelessly on the grounds to make them so beautiful. Playa Cielo and everyone there, you will always have a special place in my heart. Till next time.

Room Tip: There is not a bad one.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo

Been to Playa Cielo? Share your experiences!