We stayed at Playa Cielo for a 7-night honeymoon and couldn't have been more pleased.
More impressive than the rooms and the setting is the service. After spending months planning a wedding for 200 guests, it was so nice to show up in with literally nothing planned for the honeymoon. Eitte was extremely helpful. Between arranging day trips, setting up airport transfers, and making reservations, she was probably our favorite part of our stay. The level of personalized attention we got was truly impressive.
The villas are clean, spacious, and well designed. The patio areas have comfortable lounge furniture and hammocks. The A/C was and ceiling fans kept things nice and cool, and having the safe in the room was really nice. We both felt the bed was larger than a king size.
We made at least 2, maybe 3 trips to the pool daily. With a limited number of villas, it's never too crowded, although iguanas and dogs may join you on the pool deck. I was concerned having the new restaurant 30 feet away from the pool might be a little intrusive, but it actually livens up the area nicely and makes it easy to grab a snack or a drink.
It seems like the groundskeeper never stops working, and it shows around the property. He is out there at 7 am picking up dead leaves from the walkways, cleaning the pool at lunchtime, and watering the grass in the evenings. The main entrance is gated and locked at night. There are at least 4 or 5 dogs that are residents of the property. All of them are extremely friendly and usually just looking for a cool place to lay down for awhile.
The beach immediately in front of Playa Cielo is pretty rocky, but there are safer area to swim a couple minutes walk in either direction. The rocks do make for some nice tide pools when the tide is out.
Playa Cielo did recently break ground (March 2012) on a new 2-bedroom unit, located a little farther back from the beach, so expect some construction noise for the next couple months until it's finished. It was slightly annoying, but they did a reasonable job of not starting too early or working too late.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Award winning, luxurious private villas, each with an open sky shower, a kitchenette and outdoor sitting area, tucked in a lush tropic garden. Outdoor, beachfront chemical-free swimming pool with lounge chairs and hammocks on the beach, for the utmost relaxing atmosphere and the best sunset view. Restaurant onsite. Centrally located to supermarkets and restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Playa Cielo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Playa Cielo Hotel Santa Teresa
- Playa Cielo Costa Rica/Santa Teresa