We just got back from a 5 night stay at Playa Cielo and it was just what we were looking for. The villa was very large and comfortable and had a small kitchen. The patio was fantastic - couch, 2 hammocks, and a dining table... perfect! It was a nice spot to get out of the hot sun and do some reading or napping. The beach is right out your front door. Surfing is a short walk to the left or right of the beach. The waves were a little big when we were there so we ended up renting a truck for the weekend and heading to Playa Hermosa where the beach break is a little nicer. I've been to Santa Teresa a few times solo and normally stay at a surf camp, but this time was with my wife and we wanted something secluded and romantic... 5 stars on both counts. The pool was a great place to cool off when it got hot in the day.
The town center is about a 10 minute walk down the beach or road. There's a bunch of grocery stores, shops, and restaurants along the way. Eti was watching over the place while we were there and had great restaurant recommendations and helped us book the canopy tour and our rental truck. It was a completely stress free vacation after the first day since Delta got us to San Jose 5 hours late and we missed our Sansa flight... but a couple hectic cab rides and a ferry eventually got us to Playa Cielo.... very late, but we were able to get into our room and have a good nights rest.
Each morning you get a tasty fruit platter and a croissant or bread. There are plenty of places nearby if want a bigger breakfast or grab some extra stuff at the grocery stores. US dollars are pretty much accepted everywhere although you will get colones back in change. Generally the exchange rate is good, but I always find it easier to get a bunch of colones the first day.
One small complaint that is probably completely American to mention - there was no bar soap or shampoo in the bathroom. One of these vacations I will remember to pack my own so it's not a problem, but the grocery stores are cheap and had plenty on hand so it's not that big of a deal. There was some liquid hand soap and what we think was moisturizer (but weren't completely sure) so bring your own if you're like us. Other than that relatively small detail it was a great place to stay and we'll be back next time we're in Santa Teresa.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beautiful, luxury beachfront villas each with amazing ocean views. Centrally located to supermarkets and restaurants.Relax by our beachfront pool or lounge in any of the available hammocks by the ocean. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Playa Cielo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Playa Cielo Hotel Santa Teresa
- Playa Cielo Costa Rica/Santa Teresa