Without an itinerary, reservation or plan, I was looking for a place to spend a few nights. Upon entering the property, I was warmly greeted and shown the accommodations. I need not look any further; paradise found! My single room bungalow was spacious, elegant and luxurious. I was delighted with the thoughtful, eco-conscious design and local materials used. From the king size bed (very comfortable by the way) in the center of the room, I opened the French doors and watched the surf. The bathroom had an enclosed, open to the sky shower/tub. It just kept getting better. Each morning, a platter of fresh fruits was left on my table. The beach was clean and sparsely populated, with beautiful waves where I watched the surfers play. This is also a great place for sunsets over the Pacific. The grounds and pool were well maintained and enough to keep you from exploring further. But within walking distance are some local restaurant/bars worth checking out. There was no down-side to this trip. I would have to return to the same location for future vacations, knowing a sure bet awaits.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beautiful, luxury beachfront villas each with amazing ocean views. Centrally located to supermarkets and restaurants.Relax by our beachfront pool or lounge in any of the available hammocks by the ocean. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Odigeo so you can book your Playa Cielo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Playa Cielo Hotel Santa Teresa
- Playa Cielo Costa Rica/Santa Teresa