“NamaStay all da Way!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of NamaStay Surf House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Santa Teresa
NamaStay Surf House
Save Saved
You added NamaStay Surf House to your Saves list
100 m Sur de Super Costa y 30 m Este (in front of Zula Inn), Santa Teresa 60111, Costa Rica   |
Oakland, California, United States
“NamaStay all da Way!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

Tracy offers a welcoming place to rest and relax between adventures. Her place is small but her accommodating attitude makes you feel right at home. She's also just a great person to hang out with if you're in a social mood. The location is right in the heart of Santa Teresa's main strip where an endless run of shops and restaurants awaits you. Definitely Pura Vida!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
TEJ_10, Owner at NamaStay Surf House, responded to this review, August 24, 2013
Ha!! As a writer (we didn't get to that "chapter" - pun intended), I first have to say: love your headline, Daniel! Second, that review feels like a hug from an old friend - thanks, mae! I really had fun kickin' it with you - come back anytime! If you do, hope I'll have the chance to sample your DJ skills in person. :D
~ Namaste
Tracey

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
raleigh, nc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

What a nice vacation! We stayed at NamaStay for a week and had such a great time.In the morning, we enjoyed a fresh,healthy,and delicious breakfast in the comapny of Rocco the parrot. Beach is right across the street. Tracey was a generous host and a resource for things going on in town - not to mention a great yogi. Her class is a great way to recover from a day in the surf.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
TEJ_10, Owner at NamaStay Surf House, responded to this review, August 24, 2013
I'm not sure how this one got by me, but thanks so much for your kind comments, Miss Raleigh - especially about my yoga class!! Such a treat to have you two join me. :) Even more special - but not mentioned - was that you chose NamaStay as the destination for your first Christmas as a married couple - what a compliment! BTW, "la lora" is still loco - lol! Shantih to you both...Tracey xox
New York, New York, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

My friend and me stayed 4 nights with Tracey in Santa Theresa. Her house is very close to the beach. Our room was very clean and had everything we needed. We even got fresh towels and room cleaning within our 4 days stay. Tracey was a great host. She could give us great recommendations for restaurants and where to go out. Our breakfast was delicious. We got great Costa Rican coffe, fruits and cereal, but could also choose eggs or anything we wanted. She was very accommodating. I would definitely go back and stay with her again. Yasmine, New York

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
TEJ_10, Owner at NamaStay Surf House, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Thanks so much, Yasmine! It was great meeting you guys - you two were great fun to have around - and what a fun duo to ring in the New Year with! I really did feel like I was in the middle of a Harry Potter movie. :) And I shan't forget the story of the monkey any time soon! :DD Thanks again, Tracey
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

I had the pleasure of spending nearly 2 weeks at Nama Stay and must say the experience contributed greatly to my enjoyment of Costa Rica. Tracy was a wonderful host and helped me feel more like I was staying with an old friend than a stranger in a foreign country. She is very accommodating to anything you need, from a special breakfast to tips on how to catch the right bus. The taxi had some trouble finding her place and she even helped to guide us in...a godsend given my very limited spanish and very unusual trip from San Jose to Santa Theresa
The room is just that, a room in her home. Modest but more than sufficient since you are mere minutes from the amazing beaches, surf shops, restaurants and anything else you may need. She even knows the community well enough to walk you personally to a surf lesson (expertly given from a friend of hers) or connect you with a professional masseuse (also one of her friends). These little touches helped me feel connected to the sleepy little town of Santa Theresa in a way that i doubt a fancy, expensive, hotel could have...and for only $25 a night, it made sure i hade the funds to enjoy some of those things she helped introduce me to.
I am very thankful for the time I spent at Nama Stay and with Tracy. I was looking for a simple, stress free 2 week getaway and got what I was looking for, I also feel lucky to have met a person I can think of as a friend who will be forever interwoven with my fond memories of my first trip abroad.
Highy recommended for the right price and the local flavor she provides....single travelers especially, dont hesitate to stay at the Nama Stay!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
It's hard to believe sometimes that I actually get paid to meet such awesome people, Ken! It was truly a pleasure hanging out and chatting, learning about a whole new genre of novel from you, and sharing so many crazy stories. The two weeks you were here just flew by and it seemed just a little too quiet for me and Coco after you left, as we missed our new friend - come back any time!
Santa Teresa, Costa Rica
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

I spent a week at Namastay after a very troubling time for me in Santa Teresa. I needed to begin my stay a day earlier and luckily this was not a problem. I had no idea that I would literally feel like home when I got there. Tracy was incredibly welcoming and super accommodating! Anything I needed was available and I got very spoiled with my amazing breakfast every morning. If you are traveling alone this is a perfect option!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
TEJ_10, Owner at NamaStay Surf House, responded to this review, August 9, 2012
Thanks, NYC - glad I could offer safe harbor during the tempest! Your comments mean a lot, because my #1 goal really is for people to feel at home - whether it's "home" for a few days in the middle of a long trip, or the week they've been looking forward to all year. It was fun talking yoga and "shop" with you, too - but I'm so lucky to be doing this because I also love meeting people from all over!
Monroe, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2012

I sayed for a week, the place is quiet, and clean. Off the main road, with space for parking. Walking distance to spectacular beach. Delicious breakfast, and do not be shy to ask for what you like, you will get it. Worth every penny paid.

Russ. Connecticut

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
TEJ_10, Owner at NamaStay Surf House, responded to this review, June 20, 2012
Oh, Russ - you're so funny! Just to be clear about that "don't be shy," he IS talking about the way he likes his eggs and buying sausages for me to cook each morning (and fruit for his afternoon smoothies)! I had a lot of fun chatting with you - and thanks much for the nice review (and for tipping the smoothista ;)!
Tracey
Oceanside
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2012

My wife and I stayed a single night at Namastay. $35 for 2 people with breakfast is (especially in the current state of santa teresa) a great deal. There was a time Santa Teresa was full of great deals but this is sadly one of a few now.

Tracy was very nice and accomodating. I get up super early to surf and though I was well ahead of her schedule she got me a bowl of fruit to help me conquer the waves. She gave us lots of other info like what restaurants she liked etc.

The accomodations is a room in Tracy's 2 bedroom house sharing a bathroom with Tracy. This is important to know for some. It was a little tighter quarters than we were looking for but it served the purpose of getting us into town the first night.

The place is on the hill side of the road and close to beach access as well as the Super Costa and many restaurants. We had trouble finding it so make sure to get directions from Tracy.

I was a little hot but that is the way of things when you are fan only.

The place was very clean and well kept. Tracy provided bath towels and wash cloths.

It is a little noisy at night - bugs, horses, and other such things but I am sure after a night one would adapt.

Given the value I would definately recomend it for travelers on a budget.

a note about my reviews in general - I hope you find my review helpful.  I include all the info I can remember that is pertinent.  We all are biased in some way.  I do try to be as impartial as I can.  I work really hard for my money and I do cart wheels for my clients so when a business is lacking I bring it up.  Mistakes happen and hospitality is challenging.  I know I have years of experience in the business from waiter to snowboard instructor to pantry chef to host.  I leave reviews to be helpful to my fellow travelers and the businesses I rate.  I think the business reponse to a review speaks volumes about that business and the managements attitude.  I did one review about a surf camp in Tamarindo that I was displeased with.  I had brought my displeasure to the company before I put up the review.  They ignored me and then their response to my review shows they clearly did not read my review and just wanted to misdirect travelers from asking the questions they should. It is most important to me that the product is accurately represented. Tell me honestly what I am getting and don't over sell it.

Good luck.

Room Tip: there is only one unless Tracy moves down the street which she may. This is a way she susidizes her...