“A wonderful place to stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Manala Hotel

You added Manala Hotel to your Saves list
Manala Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   800 metros norte del campo de | futbol de Santa Teresa,Costa Rica, Santa Teresa 2640, Costa Rica   |
Ranked #13 of 25 Hotels in Santa Teresa
Melbourne, Florida
“A wonderful place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2011

My husband and I have been to Costa Rica several times, but this was the best place we've stayed. The hotel is a short walk to the beach (great for walking, running, surfing and just laying out). The grounds of the hotel including the pool are well maintained and beautiful.

From the owner to the staff, everyone was very helpful and friendly. Our room was cleaned daily and we'd come back to a variety of flowers each day - reminded me of our honeymoon. In the morning we got breakfaat delivered - a tray of fresh sliced fruits, tea or coffee, toast and jellies/butter. Very good! I felt safe around the area and on the beach. The hotel even has a security guard at night. Also, lots of very good restaurants within walking distance.

Since the rooms are set up as bungelos they are very private and quite. Whether you are looking for a romantic place to stay or just a clean, beautiful, relaxing room - I highly recommend you consider this hotel when you stay in Santa Teresa.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Saskatoon, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2011

This is as good as it gets! We stayed here 12 days and it was all excellent. The individual bungalows were beautiful, spacious, well decorated, excellent air conditioning, covered patio. Small fridge, large shower. Fresh flower petals on the made up bed every day! Breakfast of fresh fruit, toast, juice and coffee delivered to you patio every morning at the time of your choosing. The grounds are impeccable. Jungle like surroundings. We saw monkeys in the trees, hummingbirds, many other birds, squirrels, etc. The pool was great and well maintained. On top of that Laura and her assistant Monica left us wanting for nothing.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Allentown
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2011

The Manala hotel is a great choice if you want to be near one of the best surf breaks in Santa Teresa. Moreover, the hotel is a great choice if you want to be close enough to walk to town and to several good restaurants. The rooms are fairly new and modern. The staff is very helpful and friendly. They can arrange a massage, zipline tour or rent you a quad on site. I would recommend taking the helmet if they offer as there is a very slight chance you could be pulled over by the traffic police if they happen to be in town that day. It is worth exploring the beaches north of Playa Hermosa at low tide. Although it was nice to have breakfast brought to the room in the morning, since it consists of fruit, toast and coffee, you may want to consider a more substantial breakfast at Ginger's down the street. There are two great restaurants within walking distance of the hotel. Alma serves interesting sushi and fish dishes while Kika does great seafood as well. If you are looking for a low key hotel with clean rooms, great staff and an even better location, look no further than Hotel Manala.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled solo
San Jose, Costa Rica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2011

I went to this hotel because I read great reviews about it and I fell in love with the pictures and comments about it. So I decided to go with my partner.... the service was great since we arrived till the moment we left. The location is great, like 20 mts from the entrance to the beach, the rooms are so perfectly decorated and they always put flowers on your bed every day, flowers on breakfast etc, those little details made me want to stay!!! It's totally clean, and they are so friendly. I would recommend this hotel to EVERYBODY! Specially for couples who are looking for a romantic spot where to stay. If you ask me if I would go back, the answer is: I CAN'T WAIT :)

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Centennial, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2011

What a perfect place to stay! My husband and I stayed here on our honeymoon from Jan 11-18 and had such a wonderful time. It was the perfect location to be able to relax at the hotel by the pool or in the bungalow, walk down the road to eat lunch or dinner, and our favorite thing was to walk to the beach several times a day! The owner and staff was friendly and helpful and made us feel completely at home. Laura and Monica were such wonderful people to meet and helped us set up a zip line canopy tour, quad rentals, and even the taxi back to the airport when we left. They also made great recommendations for places to eat and visit while we were there. I can't say enough good things about this place. It was our own little paradise.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2011

what can I say? best place i´ve been in a long while (and I travel a lot), great rooms, very quiet surroundings, spectacular service, and perfect location. If you want to spend a few days in one of the best beaches around, this should be one of your top choices. People at the hotel make you feel right at home and give you the best service.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled solo
WPB florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2010

I stayed at Manala 3 nights and it was very nice. The quality of the room
is excellent - spacious, comfortable, refrigerator, A/C, clean and priced
way below this level. It appears to be a brand new facility. The location
is exactly centered on the surf beach at Santa Teresa. Several restaurants
within a few minutes walk, but a little farther to the busier areas. The hotel
restaurant was not open for business yet. The room service is a treat for the ladies.
I had a "double" bed (I think) but it was actually two twins side by side.
Didn't matter to me since I was solo, but you might want to check further.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo

Been to Manala Hotel? Share your experiences!