“Location, quality, value, clean, comfy” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Manala Hotel

and 1 more site!
You added Manala Hotel to your Saves list
Manala Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   800 metros norte del campo de | futbol de Santa Teresa,Costa Rica, Santa Teresa 2640, Costa Rica   |
Ranked #14 of 25 Hotels in Santa Teresa
Certificate of Excellence 2014
WPB florida
“Location, quality, value, clean, comfy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2010

I stayed at Manala 3 nights and it was very nice. The quality of the room
is excellent - spacious, comfortable, refrigerator, A/C, clean and priced
way below this level. It appears to be a brand new facility. The location
is exactly centered on the surf beach at Santa Teresa. Several restaurants
within a few minutes walk, but a little farther to the busier areas. The hotel
restaurant was not open for business yet. The room service is a treat for the ladies.
I had a "double" bed (I think) but it was actually two twins side by side.
Didn't matter to me since I was solo, but you might want to check further.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Hemsedal Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2010

Me and my girlfriend stayed at Manala four nights. The service was excellent, and the rooms/cabins really really nice! I think Manala have the best housekeeping service in CR. Every time you got home from the beach the housekeeper have done a incredible job making leafs, swans, hearts etc with the towels and put many many good smelling flowers in the cabins, AMAZING!

There is a 2 minutes walk to the beach from the hotel and 3 minutes walk to the supermarket.

We loved the staying and we will be back! :)

Thank you Laura, Leo & Co for a lovely stay at your hotel!

Best regards
Anders & Elin

• Liked — Everything
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed October 2010
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
San Jose, Costa Rica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2010

I own a travel agency, Blue Destiny and I visited Manala Hotel this past weekend, the facilities are great, and everything was very good. The rooms are very cozy and you can actually hear the ocean when youre at the pool.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
San Jose
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2010

My partner and I have traveled around quite a bit in Costa Rica to visit new out-of-the-way places and we have experienced a broad range of hotels and lodges all over the country. Manalá was one of the most enjoyable experiences for us up-to-date. I only wish we could have stayed longer!

From the start they make you feel at home with all the little details: flowers all over the room, warm service from the employees, beautiful decorations (including hand-picked sea shells and hand painted sinks), the bungalow’s internal distribution, etc. A lot of care took place in making guests feel as comfortable as possible and it is absolutely evident!

If you want to visit Santa Teresa, please do yourself a favor and stay at Manalá. The Hotel is great and has excellent location. It is only a few hundred meters away from the beach, a few local restaurants and mini markets.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2010

The hotel grounds were BEAUTIFUL. Having recently opened not too long ago, everything appeared to be brand new! The little cabins/bungalows were awesome - like little personal houses. The showers were huge, and the structure/architecture was so pleasing to the eye. Manala is situated in a great location, across from the best beach entrance/surf break in town, as well as the most popular bar. The hotel staff was incredibly friendly, helpful and nice. We were lucky enough to have gotten a great deal on staying there a few nights, which they probably offered because it was rainy season. The pool was huge, and very relaxing! Breakfast being served to us in the morning was also a nice treat. We stayed at two other hotels - the Beija Flor and Moana Lodge - both were okay, but Manala topped them all in service, quality, value, and beauty for sure! I will definitely be recommending this place to everyone and plan on staying here again when I come back to Costa Rica.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Brentwood, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2010

Although I was down in Santa Teresa this past July(2010) with friends,I stayed at the Manala solo. Turns out my buddies had there girlfriends come down so I opted for my own place. I could not have been more happy with my choice. I only wish my wife was with me. The Manala is in a GREAT location. Across the street from the popular surf spot "phone booth". There is nothing like being able to wake up and walk across the street to check the surf.
As far as accommodations go... it's a 10 hands down. The 8 or 10 private bungalows are as clean as clean can be(trust me I'm a clean freak). The beds are new,showers are big and hot and the grounds are beautiful with flowers everywhere. I really felt bad staying here and not being able to share it with the wife (i got over it though).
The Manala does have a restaurant but I guess it was closed during the rainy season. Something you may want to look into before booking if you are fixed on having a place to eat on grounds. There are plenty of great places to eat minutes away otherwise. Try to ask the cleaning staff where the Tico(local/costa rican) restaurants are and you will be rewarded. Great food at half the price while giving back to the locals.
The staff are really friendly and helpful. The Cleaning staff(local tico's) are the nicest people you will ever meet. Tip generously, they make very little $. $5 dollars a day goes a long way for these people and your room will be spotless and filled with fresh flowers everywhere.

I will say the internet service/connection is sub par at best! If you take your notebook to the pool you will get a signal but not in your rooms. Leave it home and don't worry about it! Hope this helps, Pura Vida.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
Logroño
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2010

Manalá Hotel is the nicest place to stay on the beaches of Costa Rica.

The hotel is gorgeous, The private bungalows are wonderful, the bathromms are beautiful & spacious and we had our breakfast served in our own large terrace where we admired the surrounding tropical vegetation, humming birds, iguanas, squirrels, congo monkeys, butterflies and any other animals in the area.

The beach in front of the hotel is a hundred feet away, a lovely walk across palms, trees and incredible tropical plants and flowers. An awesome beach, perfect for snorkeling, body surfing, surfing and sunbathing. We enjoyed like kids.

Back to Manalá, we relaxed in the large swimming pool.

We hired horses and quads and had wonderful rides in the beach, and every afternoon we had a spectacular breathtaking sunset we had never seen in any other place.

Our hosts, Fabri and Laura, were incredible, they helped us in anything we needed, recommended lovely spots and places to visit. We felt like home.

We loved it. We will be back.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family

Been to Manala Hotel? Share your experiences!