Pranamar is a beautiful, laid-back respite from the hectic pace of everyday life. The Balinese design of the villas is soothing and while each guest has their own personal space, there is something of a community feel in the way the villas are mostly situated alongside the pool. A yoga / surfer sensibility (albeit a high end one) best describes the feeling that is carried through from the welcome received to the service provided. The food was better than anywhere we ate in CR. Each morning we had a fantastic yoga class with Nancy and headed off to a fantastic full breakfast. It goes far beyond the typical continental breakfast usually served when breakfast is included on most hotel stays. It is a full menu and it is delicious. The fresh juice drinks are spectacular. My husband and I arrived just before the Christmas holiday rush and we were lucky to be able to sit at the bar and get to know the restaurant staff a bit. It was here that we were able to experience the Pranamar 'family.' Such a delightful group of people - they were not only attentive to our needs and requests, but they were such a pleasure to speak with as we sipped our cocktails or dined at the bar.
There is no pretension here, and that is what is so great about the property. This is a great place to unplug, without foregoing the luxury of great design, service, food and location.
It is not a Four Seasons (which are great as well), and it doesn’t try to be. Pranamar is an understated luxury experience and the price point is spot-on. While the service is great, it isn’t the type of place to go to be waited on hand and foot. Again, what we loved about it was that it provides its own unique experience with a distinct ‘personality’ as opposed to what you have at typical resorts. The garden areas are a work in progress, however it is a new property and that didn’t hinder our enjoyment. There are no beach chairs or umbrellas lining the beach. It isn’t that kind of place. Grab a sarong, take a walk and enjoy one of the most pristine, natural places you will ever visit. And leave your ‘baggage’ at home.
- Also Known As:
- Pranamar Villas And Yoga Retreat Hotel Santa Teresa
- Pranamar Villas And Yoga Retreat Hotel
- Pranamar Villas And Yoga Retreat Costa Rica/Santa Teresa
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Costa Rica’s Premier Ocean Front HotelPranamar Ocean Front Villas and Yoga Retreat, an intimate, consciously designed oceanfront hotel recently built on the spectacular beach of Playa Santa Teresa, offers guests tropical beauty and nature in an exotic and friendly ambience. Along with world-class surfing and our top-quality Yoga classes, numerous activities and adventures await you.Immerse yourself in the beauty and ease into nature’s rhythm as Pranamar’s experienced and caring staff take care of all the details, making sure your vacation is perfect.Our hotel offers a variety of accommodations to fit your needs and desires: our luxurious two-storey villas built around a free-form saltwater pool have private lounging areas, tropical gardens and boast spectacular views, while the ecologically-constructed bungalows offer tropical simplicity with sea breezes, spacious decks and views of the ocean.Pranamar’s beautifully designed open-air restaurant and tea lounge specializes in healthy, delicious cuisine using organic fruits and vegetables, local fresh fish, seafood and organic meats.We invite you to step into the rhythm of nature, breath in the energy of the sea and discover... PRANAMAR!!! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Tingo, Cheap Tickets and Venere so you can book your Pranamar Villas and Yoga Retreat reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.