My wife and I travel a couple times a year, typically to some place warm and by the ocean. We had visited Costa Rica about six years ago, really liked the country and the people and decided to return. As I compare Pranamar to all the places we have traveled to and stayed over the last 10 years, I have to say that there was only one place we have stayed that was nicer and it cost almost twice as much a night as our oceanfront villa at Pranamar.
We stayed in one of two story beachfront villas. It was spacious, elegant in design and rich feeling with all the natural wood trim and flooring. The decks were very comfortable and provided a great place to watch the sunset. The constant sound of surf just 50 yards away provided great background noise for sleeping.
Pranamar is not a large resort so it feels very intimate and private because there are not hundreds of guests running around but it has a nice pool, great location just outside of town away from teh hustle, bustle & dust, and has the best restaruant in the area. We ate in town at different places two nights and neither compared to the quality of experience and food of Pranamar.
Being an small resort with a limited number of employees you get to know everyone during your stay and they get to know you. They truly work as a family and make you feel like a member of their family after a very short time. The service is great and everyone to a person goes out of their way to help you any way they can.
Our stay was not without a hiccup or two. We arrived without our luggage and were greeted by an number of ants crawling in our villa when we first checked in. The staff not only took care of the ants pronto (in fairness these are open air villas built in the tropics and some bugs have to be expected) but, they also took our luggage tags, called the airline on our behalf and monitored our lost luggage situation until it was resolved. Pranamar is very recently opened so some of the things mentioned in other reviews are true....the walks are in the process of being permanently completed (they were working on them while we were there), they did not present any problems. They had just completed the bridges before we arrived and the landscaping pants are not mature yet, but should be nicely grown out after one rainy season.
One thing I feel needs mentioned is that neither my wife or I practice yoga or surf and we felt completely at home and really enjoyed our stay. I was somewhat concerned about this when I made the reservation but it was not an issue and we never felt out of place.
I like to fish and was unable to find much iunformation about chartering a boat prior to arriving. However with the help of the staff I was put in touch with a great captain and boat and enjoyed an excellent day of fishing.
We often look at each other at towards the end of a trip and ask each other if we would come back to the same place again. Seldom do we both answer yes.....we enjoy seeing new places and experiencing new things. At the end of our stay at Pranamar when we asked each other if we would come back, we both quickly said yes!
Many thanks to the entire staff of Pranamar for a memerable and relaxing stay!
- Also Known As:
- Pranamar Villas And Yoga Retreat Hotel Santa Teresa
- Pranamar Villas And Yoga Retreat Hotel
- Pranamar Villas And Yoga Retreat Costa Rica/Santa Teresa
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Costa Rica’s Premier Ocean Front HotelPranamar Ocean Front Villas and Yoga Retreat, an intimate, consciously designed oceanfront hotel recently built on the spectacular beach of Playa Santa Teresa, offers guests tropical beauty and nature in an exotic and friendly ambience. Along with world-class surfing and our top-quality Yoga classes, numerous activities and adventures await you.Immerse yourself in the beauty and ease into nature’s rhythm as Pranamar’s experienced and caring staff take care of all the details, making sure your vacation is perfect.Our hotel offers a variety of accommodations to fit your needs and desires: our luxurious two-storey villas built around a free-form saltwater pool have private lounging areas, tropical gardens and boast spectacular views, while the ecologically-constructed bungalows offer tropical simplicity with sea breezes, spacious decks and views of the ocean.Pranamar’s beautifully designed open-air restaurant and tea lounge specializes in healthy, delicious cuisine using organic fruits and vegetables, local fresh fish, seafood and organic meats.We invite you to step into the rhythm of nature, breath in the energy of the sea and discover... PRANAMAR!!! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Tingo, Cheap Tickets and Venere so you can book your Pranamar Villas and Yoga Retreat reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.