Honestly, I have no idea how all the good reviews are coming from! We booked the Pranamar because of its excellent reviews but we were highly disappointed.
Having seen some great hotels in Costa Rica (Lapa Rios, for instance, is simply amazing) and around the world, I think we can judge pretty well what makes a great hotel.
We stayed at the ocean front villa. The interior was ok but really not worth the 500$/night. The toilets were blocked; there was no mosquito net, which was really uncomfortable because the outside doors and the windows could not be properly shut (almost an inch wide gap) and mosquitos were coming through very easily.
And honestly, how can you call yourself a "green" hotel, when you have got air conditioning but non-closing windows and doors!
The surroundings / "garden" and pool:
There just is no garden or green - just some single plants... We also stayed at the Le Chameleon in Puerto Viejo, which has a really nice jungle garden, where you always saw gardeners around. We never saw a single gardener in Pranamar. The whole appearance of Pranamar, from the gateway to the "lobby" through the hotel, is just poor.
There are also no sun lounges at or near the beach. And only four sun lounges at the pool, which is also very small.
This is actually the best part at the hotel. We had a Yoga lesson with Andy, which was really great.
Whow! I have read reviews stating that the food is excellent. Forget it. The food is below average. And I don't want to talk about the service... They got our breakfast order (yes, there is no buffet and the breakfast choices are just ridiculous) wrong 5 times out of six. They should really go and visit other Costa Rican Hotels, where the service is excellent and friendly.
This hotel is simply a rip-off. Completely overpriced, no flair, no charm, bad food and service. The best thing about it are the Yoga classes and its proximity to sandy beautiful beaches, also good for swimming and surfing. Next time we will go to the sister hotel of Lapa Rios, the Latitude 10 Resort.
- Also Known As:
- Pranamar Villas And Yoga Retreat Hotel Santa Teresa
- Pranamar Villas And Yoga Retreat Hotel
- Pranamar Villas And Yoga Retreat Costa Rica/Santa Teresa
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Costa Rica’s Premier Ocean Front HotelPranamar Ocean Front Villas and Yoga Retreat, an intimate, consciously designed oceanfront hotel recently built on the spectacular beach of Playa Santa Teresa, offers guests tropical beauty and nature in an exotic and friendly ambience. Along with world-class surfing and our top-quality Yoga classes, numerous activities and adventures await you.Immerse yourself in the beauty and ease into nature’s rhythm as Pranamar’s experienced and caring staff take care of all the details, making sure your vacation is perfect.Our hotel offers a variety of accommodations to fit your needs and desires: our luxurious two-storey villas built around a free-form saltwater pool have private lounging areas, tropical gardens and boast spectacular views, while the ecologically-constructed bungalows offer tropical simplicity with sea breezes, spacious decks and views of the ocean.Pranamar’s beautifully designed open-air restaurant and tea lounge specializes in healthy, delicious cuisine using organic fruits and vegetables, local fresh fish, seafood and organic meats.We invite you to step into the rhythm of nature, breath in the energy of the sea and discover... PRANAMAR!!! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Tingo and Venere so you can book your Pranamar Villas and Yoga Retreat reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.