“Peaceful Paradise” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 25 hotels in Santa Teresa
New York City, New York
“Peaceful Paradise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2011

I went alone with my son and this was our first trip out of the country alone...so my nerves were at me. When we got to Pranamar I instantly felt at ease. The staff are so welcoming and kind and the owners are wonderful. My favorite part was around 530 sunset time when the bright orange light would start to creep into this tranquil community and it's almost your duty to follow it...it's almost like it's calling you. On your way to the beach you hear the sound of Om. As the the sun is going down so are the yogis in the yoga shala taught by Nancy the owners daughter. It is a family owned business which is what I love and they also have children which made me feel better when my son was acting up...I knew that they got it. Anyway...amazing place, great food, beautiful villas and great energy and all the yoga you can get.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family

197 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2010

My new husband and I just returned from our honeymoon, which was spent partly at Pranamar. I'm going to sound like a broken record after reading the other reviews, but we had a marvelous time and loved this resort. We can't agree more that the people contribute, in large part, to the experience. There is not an unfriendly person in the place and the warmth is genuine. We owe special thanks to Marianne, Mario, Joselyn, Sebastian, Eva, Melissa, and Susan. In addition, Nancy is a wonderful yoga instructor, and Andy was able to make my husband feel like maybe he can learn yoga after all (no small feat). I've never written a review on trip advisor, but felt I had to this time. The yoga studio is fabulous, the food is divine, the recommendations on other restaurants are spot on, and so on and so on.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
pranamar, Manager at Pranamar Villas and Yoga Retreat, responded to this review, December 23, 2010
Dear Honeymooners,
Thank you!!!! It does not sound like a broken record, it sounds lovely! This is the best way for us to learn how we are doing. Serving our guests, providing them with an exceptional service is why we are here, and your comments help us work harder and happier. I hope, and we all, the Pranamar Family, wish you and your husband a life full of love and peace, and we hope you to have you back, whenever, just contact us, we will all be here waiting!
From sunny Santa Teresa we send you both a huge hug!!!!
Townsville, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2010

I went to Pranamar Villas for a weekend getaway with a couple of friends and it turned out to be a one of a kind weekend!
The beach and natural environment surrounding the villas are breath taking, not to mention the surfing...but what really made the difference was the incredible energy that you feel staying at Pranamar. The staff (or family as they call themselves) is lovely, I am a real pain when it comes to food (no animals, all raw, specific food combinig) and I have to say I ate like a princess!!!!
Yoga shala = AMAZING as well as the instructor, we had private classes in which we all could practice and deepen our knowledge.
ALL IN ALL LOVED IT, DEFINETELY A WORLD FAVORITE!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2010

The Pranamar Villas are a dream! The accommodations are luxurious and exotic, while comfortable, clean, and stocked with every modern amenity you'd need (including free wifi!). Located just a few feet away from the beach, the location is beautiful and exactly what you'd imagine paradise would be. The best part about the resort, however, is the totally unparalleled staff. Office managers Marianne, Sebastian, and Mario are fantastic - helpful, friendly and they instantly made us feel at home. They were quick to suggest and plan several fun adventures for us, including ziplining and horseback riding. The restaurant staff - Chef Devin and bartenders and waiters Alvara, Venezio, and Kenneth - were the absolute best. And the food is AMAZING. Be sure to take yoga classes with Nancy - the best yoga teacher I've ever had. One might suspect that this is all hyperbole, but everything about Pranamar far exceeded expectations and is truly the most wonderful place I've ever been. My friend and I fully intend to make a Pranamar visit an annual tradition. Thank you, thank you, thank you to everyone there for making our vacation so incredibly special!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
pranamar, Manager at Pranamar Villas and Yoga Retreat, responded to this review, November 23, 2010
It brings a smile to all of our faces to read such great comments! Thank you so much, it makes us realize this is why we work here, to make our guests and visitors happy, to provide a service like no other and to read your review... it is just so rewarding!!! So thank you.. in a few words...!!! We all hope to see you back!!!
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2010

From the second we pulled into the drive we were welcomed like family. The accommodations, staff and location to the beach were top notch. Chef Davin and the rest of the kitchen staff created the best meals that we experienced while in country. The wait staff and bar tenders were great. We felt like we had personalized service the entire stay.
I cannot say enough about this place. I would recommend Pranamar to all of my friends and family and I plan on going back.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
pranamar, Manager at Pranamar Villas and Yoga Retreat, responded to this review, November 17, 2010
Dear Friend,

It was our pleasure having you here with us. You are like family to us! It is our goal that every guest at Pranamar feels like family! Please invite your friends as well, the more the merrier!
Wish to see you back! Fun, sun, food and drinks await you!

Warm regards,
The Pranamar Family
Oakland, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2010

We attended a wedding and stayed at Pranamar this year! I don't really know where to start, but the wedding was beautiful and perfectly executed with surprise entertainment and delicious food and gorgeous views, in addition the rooms/villas surround a flowing pool that is perfect for relaxing and you are just steps from the beach. I only was able to attend 1-yoga class, but it was a challenging and good one and I felt like a new person after it! If you are looking for Yoga, Relaxation, Great food, Romance and Hospitality go here....

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2010

We began our Costa Rica excursion at this hotel in Santa Teresa. When we entered the hotel room we were both speechless. The entire room is open air with sliding glass doors facing the beach. The master bathroom was all open air as well with a romantic outdoor shower. The beach is three steps outside your villa with great waves and amazing sea shells waiting to be collected.

We ate every meal at the hotel restaurant and the food was amazing! Fresh, healthy and filling with amazing service. Spending the day swimming in the pool, re-centering ourselves with amazing yoga taught by Nancy (co-owner of the hotel), watching the sunset from our balcony and having a romantic dinner at the restaurant allowed us to find simplistic romance... It was like falling in love all over again. You will not find anything like this outside of Pranamar. We spent four nights at this hotel and wished we had stayed longer! Thank you Susan and staff!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
What a wonderful thing love is....! It fills our hearts with joy to know that you guys rekindled your love in our little piece of paradise.
We are still up and going with yoga, now we have added more classes in the afternoon, including pilates, and afro-cuban dance lessons...! So, for next time we be sure you can enjoy more yoga and more classes.
Wish to see you again!

Been to Pranamar Villas and Yoga Retreat? Share your experiences!